How about a 1v1 tournament?

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Day is over, about to hit the sack, but I'd like to ask you, how would you feel if we were to propose to GoA to maybe organize a 1v1 tournament?

They have the technology to use /charcopy, they could open up the test server for a day or two, and we could all hit it out there (fully buffed etc).

I can't come up with specific details about it, however I'd like to know what people think of it!

I'm not making a poll, just asking opinions about it, and it would be nice if a GM could tell us if such a thing is feasible or not.

Cheers

Adianna

Fledgling Freddie
Great... can I come with my Warlock to the 1 vs 1 tournament? :touch:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
ages and ages ago they had 1v1 tournaments in Hib and mid, not sure about alb, not exactly what you are asking for but was a hell of a lot of fun, they set it up near parth farm for us, shit loads of people turned up and was a great atmosphere. maybe try PMing a GM or an E&E member to try and find out if we can do it again.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Shame such a 1v1 would exclude all support classes right from the start.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Aye remember on hib/excal there was duel tournaments outside the parth farm in upper hibbieland (forgot the zonename)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Well, with clustering incoming next year, you could just organise it yourself.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Well for starters it'll need to be a class tournament (tanks against tanks [heavy against heavy, light against light], casters against casters, stealthers against stealthers, support against support) and it'll need an heavy BAN macro cause surely some fucking tard would try ruin it ^^

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
I'd attend on warden if it did happen, but i very much doubt it will

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
Had an event like that aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago on alb/excal. We had duels and a beautycontest :D I remember Stone won the male and Mmmpie won the lady beautycontest. Can't remember who won the duelcontest :s

Even tho I dont play on EU servers anymore, I think that it would be a cool thing to have.

Go Gear :D

Indrid

Fledgling Freddie
was on mid/excal aye, in nisses lair :) they redid nisses lair so it looked like a duel room, with places u could stand higher up than the duelers and watch! like a gladiator arena, but in nisses lair gfx. 2 ppl would go down there and bow etc and duel would start. Was also a healer present to remove rezz ill etc.

cant remember who won, but the guy who won looked like a nisse's lair mob (then it looked like grogans) 1 day or so! was fun when he ran around in emain like a grogan :) was noone trying to ruin it or anything. was great fun, could be fun with some more

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah i remember that in nisse's lair, was fun

Gear, have a word with Requiel or the other GM's and try to arrange something, even if its not cross realm (just in-realm) then that would be cool enough.

I'll help with arranging it if you want.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like alot of fun tbh...when a hib wins he/she shuld look like a sally for 2-3days :p, it wuld make the a nice crowd if that was a prize :flame:

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
The idea is to make it cross realm, that's the point really. Deffinitelly it will be classist, but it can be made in a fun way.

I don't have any particular suggestions at the moment, I just thought it would make a nice event and I'm checking what you're thinking.

edit: Also I guess they have shitloads to do at goa atm, so would be quite unreasonable to ask them to arrange something like this in the short term future. Let them finish with pryd items restoration, cluster servers, get DR, then we can think more seriously about that :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Give cluster!!!!!11111one111!!!1eleven!!1questionmark!!

Rigga Mortice

Fledgling Freddie
Where TheHellAmI said:
your stupid...

your stupid... your stupid what? What is this thing that is stupid, pray tell us! Don't leave us hanging with this incisively intellectual but alas, unfinished sentence! :m00:

Unless of course you meant "you're stupid...".... ah, the irony...

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
The idea is to make it cross realm, that's the point really. Deffinitelly it will be classist, but it can be made in a fun way.

I don't have any particular suggestions at the moment, I just thought it would make a nice event and I'm checking what you're thinking.

edit: Also I guess they have shitloads to do at goa atm, so would be quite unreasonable to ask them to arrange something like this in the short term future. Let them finish with pryd items restoration, cluster servers, get DR, then we can think more seriously about that :)

So...february! Great, Close the thread until then :p doubt goa will fix everything before then

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Naffets said:
So...february! Great, Close the thread until then :p doubt goa will fix everything before then

Thing is that I want it to be cross realm thingy, and we need goa in order to make it work as arranging duels is against the coc weather we like it or not.

At the same time, I'm trying to be reasonable and not request something like that if their workload is pretty heavy. I'm just wanting to see what people see and get some intelligent replies, and as you can see it works:

Where TheHellAmI said:
your stupid...

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom