How 2 run 2 daoc clients at the same time! Read here!

V

vargen

Copy SI folder and put it somewhere.. rename the folder to something else.. like SI2, then start 1 client and let it roll, then click icon from new folder and start that client.

BINGO, but thats only what i heard

(u also need 2 put windowed=1 in both user.dat files)

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Or you can just start up the second client normally by clicking the shortcut after you've started the first... You can do this because from patch 1.60 SI supports double accounts. If you use a NVIDIA gfx card dont use the newest detonator drivers though, if you do your comp will give you the blue screen of death.

M

Mishy

um well neither of these methods work for me:\

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Do you have atleast 512 MB RAM?

Or if you have a geforce card make sure you DONT use the newest drivers. You might get some problems with DirectX if you try to install older drivers. You'll get a message along the lines "Graphics Rendering Failed" when you try to launch. Thats what happend to me... Try not to uninstall your current drivers but use the "update driver" option in device manager and select the older drivers that way. After doing that it worked like a charm.

M

Mishy

no i just get message "Camelot is already running".... and yes i meet the system specs 512mb ram, p4 1.7ghz, Geforce4 Ti 4200 and im running the 40.72 nvidia drivers.

Someone suggested it was my awful op system: win me, but i read someone on vgn vault who is running fine with win me...

GOA are "looking into it" ;)

Edit: Tried it in its own folder, and same folder etc.

M

Mishy

seem to have solved it... just have to start 2 versions when the input cd key box comes up, and dont get the error then, and works fine... least for now.

A

**Aligro**

i dont have this problem. i can hapilly run 3 or even 4 clients but then agian i got athlon 2600+ 1024 ram geforce 4 Ti4800 etc

i do'nt know if this will work but,

bear with the load time

G

greenfingers

Originally posted by **Aligro**
i dont have this problem. i can hapilly run 3 or even 4 clients but then agian i got athlon 2600+ 1024 ram geforce 4 Ti4800 etc

i do'nt know if this will work but,

bear with the load time

U damn rich bastard !

4 ACCOUNTS !!! :/

A

Anu

Umm i've 2 acct's..

I have 1st installed C drive in a folder called Mythic..

I have 2nd installed on D Drive in a folder called Myrhic2..

I run one client.. try to laod 2nd and get "Client is already running, you may need to reboot your computer etc"

I've the requred specs even 1gb ram. Still a no go.

I have SI installed on both acct's. Do I need to rename the Shrouded Isle folders??

Z

zilch

Originally posted by Wile_E_Coyote
Do you have atleast 512 MB RAM?

Or if you have a geforce card make sure you DONT use the newest drivers. You might get some problems with DirectX if you try to install older drivers. You'll get a message along the lines "Graphics Rendering Failed" when you try to launch. Thats what happend to me... Try not to uninstall your current drivers but use the "update driver" option in device manager and select the older drivers that way. After doing that it worked like a charm.

Because like me.... removed my old driver comp crashed..... couldent restart.... ended up having to reinstal windows

Dohhh

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Originally posted by zilch
Because like me.... removed my old driver comp crashed..... couldent restart.... ended up having to reinstal windows

Dohhh

Yikes! Nothing that bad happend to me, and I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers several times before I could get it to work.

F

findannain

it works with me i just have the small problem that when i walk around with 1 account the other 1 starts walking around to. any idea's how i can change that?

M

Mishy

Originally posted by Anu
Umm i've 2 acct's..

I have 1st installed C drive in a folder called Mythic..

I have 2nd installed on D Drive in a folder called Myrhic2..

I run one client.. try to laod 2nd and get "Client is already running, you may need to reboot your computer etc"

I've the requred specs even 1gb ram. Still a no go.

I have SI installed on both acct's. Do I need to rename the Shrouded Isle folders??

Start them both at the same time... so they both show the Input CD Key dialog... when they both up, then continue as normal, this is how i got it to work.

F

Fafnir

I just added that window=1 in the .dat file and it worked.

O

old.Gillaien

But whaddaya do if you want to run SI and classic client together?

Sooks that they didn't giv window option to classic client also :(

M

Mishy

Originally posted by old.Gillaien
But whaddaya do if you want to run SI and classic client together?

Sooks that they didn't giv window option to classic client also :(

to do this, you need 2 computers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom