Housing questions.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Some questions here that have been bugging me about housing, I would really appreciate any answers perhaps from anyone who saw the US release of foundations.

a). What difference does a plot make? Can larger plots take more npcs/merchents etc? Or is it just the fact that they are larger / prettier, more central etc?

b). How much will a 'nice' plot cost in reality? I know they start at 95p or something stupid and go down 1p per hour untill they reach 1p. What would you expect to pay for an ok plot, nothing uber, but not the cheapest either?

c). How much do you think the cheapest plots will be? Will there still be unsold 1p plots, enough for everyone? Or do you think they will all be sold out (and if so how much do you think the last few will go for)? Are there unsold / empty plots on the US servers?

I guess you have to take into account the number on our servers compared to us servers to get a good idea, or compare with an equivalent population US server.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

R

Ravenbourne

From looking at plots bought on the US servers there are always some left over, cant remember which site it was on. i think there will be more than enough to go round the population, obviously not if if everyone buys a personal plot but the guilds should be ok. I think over time certain areas will become the hot spots, with most traders, biggest guilds etc but no pre-designed hot spot or biggest adn best area

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by -palan-
hmm, whats a plot? :confused:

Its another name for a piece of land.

The housing maps are divided into 'plots' which you have to buy before you can buy a house.

E

Elric IA

I had a quick look on the camelot herald and there were certainly unsold plots on there. I suspect the most popular plots (as for housing functionality all plots are the same) will be those near the portal, near markets/horse routes and pretty spots.

BTW anyone know how it works with alts giving them permission to use the house and vaults to allow item swapping?

G

Gef

Looking at the housing maps 'Meath' is by far the most popular zone and i'm pretty sure its because thats the zone that connects directly to Connacht. I always thought it would be some kind of portal like to get to the housing zones, maybe i'm wrong and its seamless.

I dont think Hibernia will have much of an overcrowding problem, i'll bet most of the main plots near the entrance to Connacht will be snapped up pretty quickly by the bigger non-rvr guilds, and rich crafter types.

But people would be crazy to pay more than 20p for a plot, I know our guild has a good 60p saved for a guild house. Think the plan is to get a half decent plot for 10p and rest goes on the building. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the 'rush' is like.

But at the end of the day if you have a bindstone at your house all you have to do is die and you get insta-teleported anyway, so who cares how far away from the entrance it is. ;)

But yeah there will be enough unsold 1p plots for everyone, looking at the state of the US housing there are a LOT of unsold plots even on the most populated servers.

A

Aloca

I dont think Hibernia will have much of an overcrowding problem, i'll bet most of the main plots near the entrance to Connacht will be snapped up pretty quickly by the bigger non-rvr guilds, and rich crafter types.

where will the rvr-guilds be then? :D

O

oblivion_6

Originally posted by Gef

I dont think Hibernia will have much of an overcrowding problem, i'll bet most of the main plots near the entrance to Connacht will be snapped up pretty quickly by the0 bigger non-rvr guilds, and rich crafter types.

is there such a thing as a big guild thats not rvr majority who can afford this kind of thing?

G

Gef

Would have thought most hardcore RvR guilds wouldnt care too much about housing.

No time for fluff, kill trollzz!

O

old.Reno

Originally posted by Gef
Would have thought most hardcore RvR guilds wouldnt care too much about housing.

No time for fluff, kill trollzz!
Don't quite agree.
With teleport merchants to everywhere ( including druim cain), a healer and a siege merchant a guildhouse is a great asset for RvR.

Danita

D

diabien_hib

Iv played through housing on usa, and yeah theres plenty to go around.
Your crazy if you buy a plot for more than a plat, big waste of cash seen it happen. Wait until the value drops to 1p then buy.

Cant really say a best plot, because a plot is in a town with 10+ other plots in it.

The best town is of course dependant on who lives there. If a town is full of crafters selling their stuff on merchants then it will get a lot of visitors, hence people will check your merchant while theyre there.

Towns near portals dont have an advantage, because nobody really enters through the main entrance, they will all use the teleporter to their personal/guild house from domnann/ligen (because who can be assed to run towards cliffs of moher to enter housing when u can just port in)

All the towns are easy to get to, theres horses just like in the normal realm, and to get out just pop into some guilds open house in a town and port back.

Also there is now a merchant browser so you can view all categories of items for sale, what price at etc....so dont worry about locations. If youve got something for sale at a good price they'll find it with the browser and pop over to buy it.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom