Housing and market stuff...

Siden

Fledgling Freddie
I probably ought to post this in the newbie section, but it's a little on the quiet side - so here's a chance to post farm with a nice easy question.

I ended up being extremely lucky and winning 1 plat ( one P-L-A-T !) in a retiring players final lotto giveaway ( :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: Warlok), so now I want to know how to spend it.

I think buying stuff is tied up with housing in some way but I'm not sure. Could someone give me a quick overview of how it works? And how I access housing and primarily the market functions from Gothwaite?

Also, what would make a good purchase for a level 10 pally to help me level quickly? :) I have a nice set of self made mail, but not sure what weapon I ought to try to get hold of - going sword and board.

Thanks,
Skek.
Level 10 Paladin, Excalibur.

Sarnat

Fledgling Freddie
I would buy ROG jewelry and some crafted armour+weapon.

Buy stuff that will last you long enough, ie. I'd go something like 10 lvls above your lvl. The level on armour is AF/2 (for cloth lvl = AF). I'd get some AF40 plate (97qua or better). Shouldn't cost too much but not that many people put lowbie stuff on merchants. You might be better of asking an armoursmith (/who armoursmith).

For a weapon, the lvl is calculated by (DPS - 1.2)/0.3 so something around DPS 7.2 would do fine. Again, you might not find such low level stuff on merchants so ask a crafter (/who weaponsmith).

Might be a good idea to imbue the weapon with +weapon gem, you need a spellcrafter for that. Can't be arsed to write instructions on that here...

Because crafted armour doesn't come with stats, you need some jewelry which has nice stats. You can use the market explorer at the housing zone to search for lvl 20-30 jewelry and pick the ones which have str/con and melee resists (crush/slash/thrust). Some +skills is nice too.

I dunno how to get to albion housing so I can't help you with that.

Lundarian

Fledgling Freddie
well first of all make sure you have Foundations installed in order to access the housing zone, it's a free download :) then just use the portal merchant in Gothwaite Harbor, with the hearth ticket you port to the housing entrance in Caerwent, and there is a Market Explorer NPC next to the gate :)

I suggest buying some AF 40 chain as paladins can wear plate from lvl 20

my 2 copper :p

Eraser

Loyal Freddie
as you re lvl 10, my advice would be not to spend your little fortune on jewelery or other stuff. you will lvl up fast and soon be in need of new things.

save it up for a nice crafted battleground set when you re lvl 24!

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'd agree, don't spent it on armour and weaponary at lvl10 because it will only last you for a handful of levels before its practically useless to you. If you really need the armour i'd recommend getting a set of random qual armour - which will still beat the pants of merchent/drops - and get an SCer to put on some +str, +skills.

But yeah, save it for when you get to BG lvl (24) then get some lvl 26-32 armour which will last you for quite a while.

Alternatly, use it to start learning a trade. Its expensive (will definatly cost more than a plat) but you can make more money out of /salvage and hindging than you can from just selling them.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Hiya m8 :)

its me Warlok here - glad to see you didnt go wasting that money :p

i didnt leave really i just went home to hib excal and i have warlok there now as a 50 enchanter and i will have this guy ronso as my 50 hero again in a few weeks - anyway - just thought i would say hi again and cya in the outer realms ! :clap:

take care and yw

Ronso Darkmatter ( lvl 50 rr5 hero )
Warlok Darkmatter ( lvl 50 rr 3 enchanter )
Hypnotica Darkmatter ( lvl 30 skald pryd )

:drink: (------ im irish

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Yes thumbs up Warlok :)

As the previous guys said. Dont waste it on armor for low lvl. Maybe get some random stuff crafted and get a guy skilling sc up to imbue it (do /who spellcrafter to check) Im sure anyone will help a new player out :)

Also I would message some lvl50 paladins asking if they have some old suits you can have/buy. I did that on my first char, also paladin and practically got suited for 25+ and all the way to 50 for 1,3plat.

Equendil

Fledgling Freddie
I should mention that you will find very few low level items in the housing zone, reason being, virtually all houses are owned by people who have level 50 characters and they won't spend any amount of time to attempt to sell low level items for pretty much no gain. Other reason being you don't get drops off mobs that are too low level anyway, so they wouldn't even have much to sell if they wanted to. That said, you can probably find low level player crafted armour although most of it will be for level 24 characters due to battlegrounds.

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
Equendil said:
I should mention that you will find very few low level items in the housing zone, reason being, virtually all houses are owned by people who have level 50 characters and they won't spend any amount of time to attempt to sell low level items for pretty much no gain. Other reason being you don't get drops off mobs that are too low level anyway, so they wouldn't even have much to sell if they wanted to. That said, you can probably find low level player crafted armour although most of it will be for level 24 characters due to battlegrounds.

I think i have stuff as low as lvl 3 on my conc. merchant, but then again i am weird

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
As a paladin, don't be tempted to buy higher level stuff to wear either. If you take a lot of beating, which a paladin usually does - it goes with the job description - any item higher than orange con to you will take a HUGE battering to its durability.

Wearing armour that is only just purple and nearly red could, for example, lose something like 7% dur per single session and you would definitely need to repair it, because it'd be at 70% con after that single session. (That is exactly what happened to a character of mine). Red isn't much better and the more direct damage you take to what you are wearing, the worse it gets, which is why the scenario is worst with damage taking tanks.

You're on Excal not Pry, so I can't offer to help you out with some crafted armour at low level, but there are bound to be some nice helpful folks about on Excal who would do the same without taking all of that nicely won cash.

Either way, good luck levelling and I hope you continue to have fun. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom