Houses on Avalon

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Whats the deal with houses on the german servers?

I keep reading something about not being able to pay rent and also something about the consignment merchants.

I assume this is fixed if you use the german client but is it ok to buy a house and cm, buy something from the cm and then that will pay your rent?

Thanks

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
gl hf finding a house to buy :p
when v4l was after one 1½ month ago it was 2 house lots avaible, cheapest one 62p ;>

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Still plenty of house spots by our guild house last time i checked!

And yes you can buy a house, cm and porch on english client nps

You can place it all as well.

You cant drop money or rent tokens to pay rent in english client but you can pay rent by leaving cash on your cm

Better still is the /payrentbp option (look it up for correct command i dont know it off the top of my head) that works apparantly on english clients too and means you dont have to mess about with your CM

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
was some 10 houses avalible on mid when i looked, lucky for me one was cheap and in great place :>

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the info, I now have one.

Lot was 300g, it's a bit out of the way though. I didn't realise the GOA website was so out of date, I thought there loads left.

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Gibbo said:
Thanks for the info, I now have one.

Lot was 300g, it's a bit out of the way though. I didn't realise the GOA website was so out of date, I thought there loads left.

Well, you can pay rent on the english client, but you have to change the language catalogue or something like that!:) (There is a thread in this forum about how its done, somewhere.

That change also lets you use the reply command on the german servers.

Only problem with changing it is that you get similar problems on the english servers, so a suggestion would to have ToA client with one version and Catacombs with another...

/Charmangle

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Aye, not paying rent a pain - though if youve got toa and say catas installed on PC can update one of em you dont usually use to german client (or seperate bot PC).

As said though, once youre getting some bps, easiest just to:
/bountyrent personal 80

Not had any probs with CM's.

edit*
Ahh, i see charl mentioned thge duel client thing before me, nm.

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Cromcruaich said:
/bountyrent personal 80

Not had any probs with CM's.

Great info :)

Tilda

charmangle said:
Well, you can pay rent on the english client, but you have to change the language catalogue or something like that!:) (There is a thread in this forum about how its done, somewhere.

If you change the game language from english to german, guess which client you're playing on ;)

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
If you change the game language from english to german, guess which client you're playing on ;)

I wanted to point that out! :(

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
charmangle said:

any got this thread name? ;(

rawr

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
any got this thread name? ;(
I don't think it even exists, it may just be some confusion with this bit:
Requiel said:
Firstly you can only change the language of the client and not the server. This means that if you're playing in an English client on a German server, the messages you get from the client will be in English and messages you get from the server will be in German.
Secondly if you play with a client that is in a different language to the server, you aren't breaking the CoC but you may encounter some bugs and problems that don't happen normally. For example you won't be able to respond to /send, climb walls, pay rent on a house, use some guild commands etc.

Changing your client is very simple however.
Firstly copy your entire DAoC directory to a new location and make all the changes to this copy. That way you keep your original install in it's original language for when you are playing on other servers.
[highlight]Secondly find the 'language' folder and delete it.[/highlight]
Finally find the file 'update.dat' and open it in a text program such as Notepad. In this file are two long URLs which specify a language. Change the language in both lines to the one you want (english, french, german etc), save the file and then connect to the game. You'll patch about 8MB and you'll now have a different language client.
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=3062468&postcount=3

Using the DR client as an example for update.dat, it would look like this:
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/german/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/german/darkness/mpatch.dat
It's also mentioned in the 'Tip of the week' here: http://news-daoc.goa.com/view_last90news.php3?id_article=4788

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
/bountyrent personal 80

ive always done /bounty personal 80 for own house, /bounty guild 80 for guild house, guess it works both ways!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom