HOUSEING: Converting to a House

Zuchini

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone have any infor on converting to a house from a cottage?
Herald only says to speak to the Houseing Merchant in teh market, adn all he does is offer you stuff for sale, no further info...

I know I'm gonna lose my inital plat investment adn aslo to remove my vault and consignment merchant, but do I need to somehoe sell my cottage or just buy the house deed adn slap it on my cottage as it is or what..... I have noooo idea..

Any help would be much appreciated..

Cheers

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
IIRC, you just buy the new deed and drop it on top of your existing cottage. Make sure you've removed everything from inside first.

Zuchini

Fledgling Freddie
Dweller said:
IIRC, you just buy the new deed and drop it on top of your existing cottage. Make sure you've removed everything from inside first.

Cheers fella, I'll off and give it a go...

Dweller

Fledgling Freddie
Found this in the housing manual:

You can decide at a later date to downgrade or upgrade your house by going to the market place and talking to an NPC. For every housing zone there is a market place where you can buy house deed with the required level, as well as a porch deed. Should you decide to change the type of house or to add a porch, all you'll need is to buy the appropriate deed, and to put it on your current house. If you want to change the level of the house and if there are already some objects inside it, you must remove everything, including vaults and NPCs, and return them after the work has been carried out. If not, they will be destroyed. You won't get back the money you payed to buy your old house when you upgrade it to a new house.

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/DAoC_foundations_sub.php3?id_article=1399

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
Actualy, you should get the cottage deed back iirc, i think they added that a few patches after housing (and they haven't bothered updating the manual) so you can sell that for 500g ;)

Blondy

Fledgling Freddie
Zuchini said:
Does anyone have any infor on converting to a house from a cottage?
Herald only says to speak to the Houseing Merchant in teh market, adn all he does is offer you stuff for sale, no further info...

I know I'm gonna lose my inital plat investment adn aslo to remove my vault and consignment merchant, but do I need to somehoe sell my cottage or just buy the house deed adn slap it on my cottage as it is or what..... I have noooo idea..

Any help would be much appreciated..

Cheers

Drinking alcohol and writing on the forum is baaaaad.

ask sombody on /advice list ingame they know most of the stuff :)

Zuchini

Fledgling Freddie
Sorted now, just had to dump teh new house deed ontop of my old cottage...
Cheers

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Zuchini said:
Sorted now, just had to dump teh new house deed ontop of my old cottage...
Cheers
So did you get the old one back??

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Kathal said:
So did you get the old one back??
I got my cottage deed back when I upgraded from cottage to villa and could sell it to any merchant for the full 1p :clap:

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
When i did this a while ago i got the cottage deed back and got 1p when i sold it.

Nxs

One of Freddy's beloved
Did the same this week too.

Buy a house deed from the markert (10p)
Buy another porch deed
Clear out your existing cottage, put all your items in the vault if possible
Clear the outside of your cottage - this includes the CM !!
Drop the house deed onto your cottage
Pop all your items back

You loose out on any exteriour or interior changes, such as the 500g stone cladding, porch, guild emblems and what not

You now also get your old deed back, only when upgrading) this sells back to the merchant for FULL price.

Raear

Fledgling Freddie
Deadnala said:
I got nothing back tbh but i upgraded months ago..

It got changed in some patch or other to encourage upgrading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom