Hotmail

Damini

Part of the furniture
Is evil, I know, but because I've had the same address since I was about 18 it is also familiar and everyone who needs to know my address knows it.

BUT

Is it true that you can now only access your hotmail directly, and not via outlook express unless you sign up and pay £15 a year? I tried checking my e-mail this morning, and it refused, punched me in the face, and ordered me to go to http://upgrade.msn.com

Surely I'm reading this wrong?

What other net based e-mail addresses are free and reliable? I like to be able to check them where ever I am, so hotmail was always good for that. Or is there a programme where I can get to my greyarthur.com e-mail anywhere I go? At the moment I just have it running through outlook.

Thank you muchly

Funkybunny

Banned
gmail.google.com is the best imo :) chances are that someone here has an invite for ya so if ya ask very nicely you should try that :D

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
Damini, I have some spare invites if you want a gmail account. pm me if you do

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Hotmail decided to start levying a charge because spammers were using the same mechanism as you did to send stacks of junk mail through their servers. £15 isn't cheap, especially with the amount of spam you can end up recieving as a hotmail customer, but if it means 5 less pieces of crud in my inbox each morning it gets my vote :D

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
You can still hotmail with your own email client if you use Mr. Postman [mrpostman.sourceforge.net] but you have to check for updates quite often.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
I too have a few spare Gmail invites should jaba's kind offer get used up.

Kind Regards

Jonty ... who can't actually bring himself to leave FH ;)

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Heathens! We all know Firefox is the best Web browser, just as we should all know that www.aventuremail.com is the best Web mail.

[/pimpage] :)

Gil

Can't get enough of FH
Sir Frizz said:
Heathens!
oi.gif
I resemble that comment :D
Sir Frizz said:
We all know Firefox is the best Web browser, just as we should all know that www.aventuremail.com is the best Web mail.

[/on commision] :)

G

You can use MS outlook 2002 and add a new email account (http) to access you're Hotmail account, i do it like that, works fine for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom