Hosting requirements ?

K

*Kornholio*

with a reasonable rig & adsl, how many (let's presume lpb's too) other peeps could i host a game for ? Ghost Recon kinda started to buckle after 7 peeps, one or two were hpb's...

T

throdgrain

I dunno but give me a shout m8 id love to play :)

K

*Kornholio*

cool, how about arranging a sunday afternoon session or something... 4pm ish ?? Who'd be interested ?

K

*Kornholio*

irc is as good a place as any to meet up... I'll be in #ucuk around that time... ITF you're more than welcome to join in if ya want m8...

W

Will

You're on. Managed to get the server up and running ok?

T

throdgrain

When youre actually playing it doesnt seem laggy at all, in fact suprisingly good. Its just the no join half way through thing that messes it up :(
But yeah Im keen to give it a go :)

W

Will

How many people do you think you can manage with your connection? I've got a few interested mates if you want.:)

K

*Kornholio*

6 shouldn't be a problem (hopefully) but we could probably try for 8... if it buckles, we could always invade one of the empty dedicated servers out there...

T

throdgrain

Sorry folks shant be there now, got to go a-visiting peeps. Oh well, another time im sure :)

S

Summo

Hey wow! People are playing OFP again! :D

I'd love to join you on Sunday peeps! The only time I played was with with some BW peeplets and it was great fun. Public games just take far too long if you have to wait for the pevious game to finish before joining.

See you there!

M

MYstIC G

/me points out that there are some dedicated servers out there

and playing on a dedicated eliminates the "move move, stop (big red block), move move, stop (big red block)" side of hosting it yourself

K

*Kornholio*

yeah we ended up on one of the gamesdomain servers for a while (after my pc got sorted out - thx ITF) - I'm keen to arrange another session sometime... 'twas fun :D

M

MYstIC G

well you guys know where to find me on IRC ever you want to play with somebody who
  • Runs at the first sign of trouble
  • Screams like a girly girl
  • Shoots to kill, but never hits
  • Drives like a grandma
;)

W

Will

Sounds fine Mystic. And I was the man how flipped a tank onto it's roof driving up a slight incline. Lucky the turret can act as a self-righting mechanism. :D

K

*Kornholio*

ahhhh... so that was you driving ITF... I was the gunner then...

The mass-suicide from the helicopter was the highlight of the afternoon for me - that was fucking hilarious :D

Kat : "Go Go Go !!!"
Everyone : "Splat - Splat - Splat"

most humorous indeed :)

W

Will

Always hapens in the mission. Normally a few people make it, though that time, there was a 0% survival ratio.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom