Horde and Alliance Population Question

Zedenz

Can't get enough of FH
Afternnon all

(PvP Server Related Question)

Having played the US closed beta and finding that Alliance greatly out numbered the Horde I was getting set to play my actual EU character on the side of the Horde.

However having browsed around certain threads on here and from what I have read elsewhere it seems that in the European Closed Beta at least, the numbers are greatly in favour of the Horde, and also it seems that the Horde is the destination for many big guilds.

Currently I too have my own following ready to launch during EU Final Beta and eventually retail and we were all set to go Horde....However with many guilds opting for Horde we may be forced to go Alliance just to get some nice competition.

So my question to you is, just to confirm what the numbers are indeed like atm in the closed beta.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
The population on the closed beta PvP server is consistently very low, I have rolled a couple of toons there but haven't had a whiff of another player yet. The regular server, however, is pretty full and seems pretty much balanced between the two sides ... although the crossroads in the Barrens is frequently overrun with high level Alliance types.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I think you can be reasonably sure Alliance will be the most populated side on most servers, since they are the "good" guys and people like playing as the hero in shining armor etc. The majority of first time mmorpg players will likely chose alliance, but as you say many hardcore pvp guilds will play horde (probably to farm the alliance etc).

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
I think you can be reasonably sure Alliance will be the most populated side on most servers, since they are the "good" guys and people like playing as the hero in shining armor etc. The majority of first time mmorpg players will likely chose alliance, but as you say many hardcore pvp guilds will play horde (probably to farm the alliance etc).

You make it sound like being Alliance is for noobs and horde is for the die hard omfg leet programers

Natsume sai

Fledgling Freddie
i'm am what people call a noob.... (god, i hate that word >_<)

i haven't played any mmorpg's befor. only dark age trail.... and i'm starting on horde side in the beta and in retail... so also some "n00bs" for horde side ^^

(Argh! what a horrid, horrid word noob is :( )

Elenos

Fledgling Freddie
Have been playing MMORPG's for 7 years and im going alliance ... i guess we all buck the trend :p :cheers:

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
I find it funny how people always assume that Horde is for the x-treme k00l d3wds and alliance is like a walk in the park..

Most likely old mentality from the beta test as alliance was much more complete earlier than horde, but now they can't be seen that much apart from each other PvE "difficulty"* vise.

(* as if PvE in WoW is any challenge what so ever anyhow)

:)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I dont' think that is the point at all. I think ppl are associating Horde with organised guilds because it does have some pvp advantages (shamen, undead) - not because of hard pve. Since when did pvp guilds choose based on pve? And people aren't saying Alliance will be popular because it's easier but because it's prettier and it's the "good" side. And Horde women are f'ing ugly. You get to choose what piercings you want in alliance, in horde you get to choose which way you want your tusks to point.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
As Asha said, i didnt mean to imply that Alliance is easymode or any such thing, i just pointed out that most people new to mmorpgs and perhaps to warcraft, as well as many veterans as well ofc, will chose what looks to them as the right/normal/prettier/recognizable side - i.e. Alliance. Exactly the same phenomenon that has made Albion in daoc the most populated realm on 99% of the servers.

Evoknox

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
As Asha said, i didnt mean to imply that Alliance is easymode or any such thing, i just pointed out that most people new to mmorpgs and perhaps to warcraft, as well as many veterans as well ofc, will chose what looks to them as the right/normal/prettier/recognizable side - i.e. Alliance. Exactly the same phenomenon that has made Albion in daoc the most populated realm on 99% of the servers.

You got a point there, but on the other side lots of people choose to play horde because they like to be a huge bulky tauren instead of a tiny little human

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
You got a point there, but on the other side lots of people choose to play horde because they like to be a huge bulky tauren instead of a tiny little human

PVP wise you prolly want to be small as possible so its easier to hide, less obvious who is what class etc.

Which is a shame because alliance dominate in this area. Gnomes and Dwarfs alot shorter, humans about normal, and night elves taller but slim.

Horde bar undead are all tall or bulky or both :p

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
Didn't mean this thread exactly, but in general :)

And yeah I agree Asha - horde females aren't exactly appealing.. :p

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Are you telling me you don't find Undead ladies attractive?

Necrophilia anyone? ;)

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Lumikki said:
Didn't mean this thread exactly, but in general :)

And yeah I agree Asha - horde females aren't exactly appealing.. :p

Did anyone else notice that the female troll looked absolutely nothing like the male version, and just seemed to be the female orc with a blue skin.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
AhoyHoy said:
Did anyone else notice that the female troll looked absolutely nothing like the male version, and just seemed to be the female orc with a blue skin.
Don't think there are many female trolls around actually, didn´t ever see one :p

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Thing about female troll is that they all have the same nose
I can't look at that nose all day.
I will probably do undead priest main with a tauren druid for fun.
Druid size shouldn't matter too much as you can travel better as cat anyhow.

Lumikki

Fledgling Freddie
FuzzyLogic said:
Are you telling me you don't find Undead ladies attractive?

Necrophilia anyone? ;)

...appealing to play.., I ment to say. :)

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
It seems most of the "im l33t i can hit 1 button olol, my gr00p 0wnz joo m3ight!" people will go to horde, for some weird reason, so to keep myself sane, and still be havin fun and kicking behinds in WoW, my awnser is simple.

Alliance for now ;>

.... or when i get the hell out of the army that is :<

Swifti

Fledgling Freddie
Evoknox said:
You make it sound like being Alliance is for noobs and horde is for the die hard omfg leet programers
Hell yeah :p

Fedaykin said:
Alliance forever!

"Smite the defilers of the land!"

but ive turned ur bro to play horde mwahahahaha :p hopfully if you play wow euro u can farm off each other? old fed vs young fed :)

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Here's a crazy whacked out idea, how about choosing whichever side you want to play regardless of 'statistics' or populations, i'm sure if everyone did this then a balance would be achieved. I know, i'm fucking bonkers me.

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
AhoyHoy said:

Female trolls look like female night elves who hit the ugly branch when they fell out of the ugly tree.

Validus

Fledgling Freddie
Solo said:
PVP wise you prolly want to be small as possible so its easier to hide, less obvious who is what class etc.

Which is a shame because alliance dominate in this area. Gnomes and Dwarfs alot shorter, humans about normal, and night elves taller but slim.

Horde bar undead are all tall or bulky or both :p
That's the opposite. if you're a tank you WANT to be seen and attacked first, to take the major damage away from your group's damage dealers. its easier to heal you too. if your job is getting hit, and your'e purposely evading enemy damage, then you, are dead weight.
Yes most of the time people do attack the first thing they see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom