Hoping to get the game tonight

C

cleeve

Hi All,

this seems to be the more active of the two forums for bws servers. I hope to get the game this evening and start adventuring around about 10pmish...

Are there any people who go hib? cos it seems like most ppl wanna live in the cold or a place that sounds suspicously like a place close to West Bromwich :)

I havent thought a good name yet.. its a bit hard to when u don't know wot race/realm you're gonna join...
[edit]cos I asked a question that shoulda been asked elsewhere :)[/edit]
Cheers

LP

F

Fex

Well I have a char on Hib he's just on Excalibur server. Lagolas lvl 7 atm Druid.

C

cleeve

Heh

well I got the game... installed - patched and ready to go.

I have created a Firbolg druid kinda bloke called revor...

See u on the server ppl :)

Revor (LP)

S

Sar

Heh, there's a 30Mb + patch being released tomorrow afternoon :p

C

cleeve

LoL

Yay!

I have heard it makes hibs chars a bit more stompy which is good... and I have luvverly cable modem which makes the downloads sweet too.

I played last night for 30 minutes or so and got thoroughly lost which was enjoyable, I also got killed by a large frog.. yeh embarrassed me too :)

The config takes a bit of getting used to.. I can now understand why the default config used the mouse buttons to move ..

Hoping to get on after 10pm tonight :)

Revor - Firbolg Naturalist

S

Sar

Heh, I changed the defaults config to one that suits me from playing quake :p

esdf for movement, mouse1 to attack and mouse2 to jump :D

C

cleeve

I have WASD at the mo but this whole attacking thing confuses me. Is the F6 for attack mode what you mean by having left mouse button for attack? How do you select things on screen then without trying to attack them?
Sorry if that is a newbie question - this game is far more complicated than the usual bam slam fests that I play :D

Wij - my cable modem comes in via n/work card so I just connect as if I was on a LAN... Its the best £25 a month I spend atm

Revor (the newbie)

C

cleeve

hehe guys

Please explain this con/mob/ lingo...

It's like reading pigeon english atm.. I am fine until I see summint like con then I am buggered :)

Revor (the newbie)

S

SoWat

Con The feeling you get when you go Linkdead during a horse ride and find yourself standing in the middle of nowhere

Mob General term for Midgard RvR attacking force tactics

Lingo The profanities you hear after the Albion Man At Arms has just swept through above mob

:D :D

O

old.arneduck

I think that you shouldnt mess with the default config of keyboard and mouse until you have mastered the defaults, and thus learned the meaning behind it. Im at lvl 38 and still uses the default config, no problem.

And Revor: you better tell us what server you play on ;)

F

Flimgoblin

I changed a couple of things right away on my kb - (mainly moving the movement keys to e/d s/f rather than w/s a/d - I'm a tribes2 junkie too :))

later on I moved the rather awkward f6 (combat mode) to v and f8 (nearest enemy) to b :)

M

matax

FYI Revor is on Hib Pryd and is now mid 20's and a great member of our guild :)

The Shrub rocks

A

Ardwan

Am i the only one who uses the mouse buttons to run forward and back, thus leaving the left hand free to use all the keys...:)

C

cleeve

I dont use the mouse buttons for movement

I have simply been playing quake too long to be able to use those keys comfortably.

I now use wasd mouse for looking and am happy with that.

Thanks

Revor (hib/pryd)

O

old.arneduck

I tend to use the RunLock (NumLock) key for running even shorter distances, and thus leaving both hands free for targeting and using the quickbar.

Users who are viewing this thread