Hooray for Labour

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:

Don't worry, you were always a suspect Tom.

:)

The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) was setup years ago to do background checks on potential employees who are designated to work with "vulnerable" people in society (kids & old folks)....the political weight came from the high profile cases we're so used to seeing (old folks & kids being abused by serial offenders who were just given jobs with no history checks).

All this bill is saying is: if you want to put yourself in a position of responsibility, where you're in charge of the health & safety and well-being of "vulnerable" people in society, then we're going to check your "known" history and make sure you're not a fukin psycho with a criminal record.

...now, if only they extended it to just being allowed to live here....

:)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
State of the nation?

I read this today, and find it strangely true.

How did it feel to be living in Germany six or seven years before democracy put Hitler in power?

Was there a sense of ominous foreboding, or did most people go about their lives more or less normally?

Could anyone have guessed what was coming? If they did, could they have done anything to stop it? Even living and working in one of the more prosperous and safer parts of the country, I have a growing sense of bad trouble to come.

Put it all together.

The State and millions of families are up to their hairlines in debts they cannot possibly pay. We have the worst balance of payments since 1689.

Frightening levels of youth unemployment are combined with unrestrained mass immigration. Multiculturalism has gone so far that we are, in many respects, an apartheid country, in which the less fortunate and ill-educated of both communities live perilously close to each other in a state of bristling tension.

Meanwhile, the liberal middle classes, who have carefully bought themselves houses as far away from multicultural Britain as they can get, preach contentment to the poor.

Our national airline, whose aircraft bear the crosses of three saints on their tailplanes, disciplines an employee for wearing a tiny cross on a chain round her neck.

Hijabs, meanwhile, are permitted. Let's see what happens when a BA stewardess turns up to work in a full-face veil.

We are involved in two dangerous and doomed wars, in which our troops lack necessary equipment and are short of rations, while the State treats 50,000 self-destroyed drug addicts as too ill to work, and pays them generous allowances to do nothing.

An unelected general speaks for public opinion, while elected politicians sneer at the concerns of the public, despise their own supporters and secretly persuade millionaires to finance their costly brainwashing campaigns.

Our Prime Minister is a fantasist who looks at the blood and burning and ruins of Iraq and sees a verdant young democracy, with twittering birds and blooming flowers. He also thinks we all love him.

The man who, for years, misruled our schools and then our justice system reveals himself as a self-obsessed weirdo, and is exposed as a raving hysteric who demanded that rioting convicts be machine-gunned.

(NB: This former Home Secretary once described a friend of mine as 'mad' for arguing in favour of selective State schools.)

The leader of the Opposition won't say if he used to take Class A drugs, wants to hug hoodies and holds summits with rap artists. And he misses the best opportunity any Opposition leader ever had, because he still can't bring himself to denounce the Iraq War.

If he hasn't the guts to do this now, then it seems a pretty good bet that he, like Mr Blair, would have slavishly followed George W. Bush if he'd been in charge at the time.

There you have it.

Discredited, lawless, f3ckless, occasionally unhinged leaders divorced from reality; a crumbling constitution; perilous racial and cultural tension; crime and disorder beyond control; economic pain inevitable; the national front-door wide open for anyone to come in; every decent institution under attack, every form of bad behaviour unrestrained.

I see great danger ahead. But who, in our political class, will even address it? Daily we drift closer to the lip of Niagara, giggling as we go.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
throdgrain said:
Discredited, lawless, f3ckless, occasionally unhinged leaders divorced from reality; a crumbling constitution; perilous racial and cultural tension; crime and disorder beyond control; economic pain inevitable; the national front-door wide open for anyone to come in; every decent institution under attack, every form of bad behaviour unrestrained.

You left out global warming, destruction of the environment and soaring house prices...

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Where did you copy and paste that from throd? :D

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
My dad always said he can see trouble coming.

Well, he actually qouted Enoch Powell and the streets running red thing.

I feel my dad will end up being right.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Trouble is, I dont really feel theres any alternative. If you vote Tory you just get much the same as Labour by the looks of it :/

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Trem said:
My dad always said he can see trouble coming.

Well, he actually qouted Enoch Powell and the streets running red thing.

I feel my dad will end up being right.

I think Throd is your Daddy....

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
throdgrain said:
Trouble is, I dont really feel theres any alternative. If you vote Tory you just get much the same as Labour by the looks of it :/

True.

There is an alternative though.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
Daily we drift closer to the lip of Niagara, giggling as we go.

Indeed - I have always wanted to sit in a barrel and go over the falls :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Statistically speaking, the greatest chance a child has of being abused is from its own family members.

Obviously, we shouldn't be allowing children to stay with their families, its just too risky.

mank!

Part of the furniture
That wasn't the point I was making but never mind.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
mank said:
That wasn't the point I was making but never mind.

They cant win Mank, they have nothing in place Tom moans, they put something in place Tom finds a loop hole and abuses it.

mank!

Part of the furniture
I sometimes forget that trying to have a reasoned debate with people on here is equivalent of teaching a chimp the rules of etiquette.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
mank said:
I sometimes forget that trying to have a reasoned debate with people on here is equivalent of teaching a chimp the rules of etiquette.

I find that to be similar to forgetting to breath.

I have the answers to all these problems and more, sadly every time i share them i get called a nazi.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
mank said:
I rather like this simile.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think the point of the article isn't about vetting per se it just points out that its probably going to wreck 'normal' adult-child organised activity, because volunteering to help referee a Sunday league game or any other innocuous activity will become too much hassle. All the kind of things we all probably took for granted as kids will become marginalised.

I'm not sure what the solution is, but it seems to me that this is yet another area of life where well-intentioned people end up creating a bureaucracy to try and remove any kind of risk from the world. Its a fool's errand, because it almost certainly won't work anyway.

mank!

Part of the furniture
JBP| said:
I find that to be similar to forgetting to breath.

I have the answers to all these problems and more, sadly every time i share them i get called a nazi.

Do your ideas involve killing Jews?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
ECA said:
Where did you copy and paste that from throd? :D

Daily Mail ofc!

Stop fussing over trivial issues, spouted by leftists who want to distract you from the real danger of Terrorism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom