Honorable Mids

C

case-rigantis

Continuing the vain of recent honorable duels between our 2 realms
on saturday myself and a collegue were scouting around the Hib MG in odins (as we`ve not had much RvR exp we decided we needed to know the area and though while it was quiet this would be a great time)

Anyway suddenly my collegue was attacked from behind ..bang ..bang ..bang down to a quarter life... not one to leave a friend in danger even though the mid was purp con and on full health which meant certain death for me I charged in swinging my amethyst slash as fast as i could twisting my chants..

My friend died in one more hit..anyway i must presume the mid had used all his endurance as he just couldn`t hit me.. parry ..block ..miss..parry.. although i was the same after a minute of this we both just stopped and backed off.. he saluted me so i saluted back we both bowed and he left waving a little way off as he went

i rezzed my friend and we went on our way..absulutely amazing this really brightened up day thanks if you read this great fun ! hope i meet you again in about 10 levels time ;)

S

SFXman

Lucky one. Many times I have met hoardes of purple mids... who more most likely 15-20 levels higher than me. Even if I react in no way, just sit there, they come over and slaughter me. Honourable *cough*... yeah...
That individual you met was most likely too bored to even attempt to kill you so instead he went and looked for more easy kills.
But still... if he was with a friend, no honour.

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by SFXman
Lucky one. Many times I have met hoardes of purple mids... who more most likely 15-20 levels higher than me. Even if I react in no way, just sit there, they come over and slaughter me. Honourable *cough*... yeah...
That individual you met was most likely too bored to even attempt to kill you so instead he went and looked for more easy kills.
But still... if he was with a friend, no honour.

wtf? I he was in Odin's Gate, he was invading, and therefore had every right to get killed by Mids, purple cons or not:twak:

C

case-rigantis

have to agree there....when in the frontiers i go there knowing i will be killed at some point.. whether by 1,2 or 40 mids thats the whole fun of it... it`s funny but the people who complain are often the ones who are first to gank a grey

F

Fafnir

:)

Originally posted by ldticp
have to agree there....when in the frontiers i go there knowing i will be killed at some point.. whether by 1,2 or 40 mids thats the whole fun of it... it`s funny but the people who complain are often the ones who are first to gank a grey

Aye, i totally agree with this so called H'uman called and alb..

S

SFXman

In other words, there is no such thing as honour in this game, it is not possible I suppose, based on peoples opinions. Is it honourable to killa gray if you are in a group of 8? No. Is it honourable to kill some gray that is just waving or dancing and has no hostile intentions? No.
When is something honourable tbh...

B

Belsameth

you keep pointing your finger at mids as greycon killers

yes, some of us kill greycons, some of us don't though.
I almost never kill a greycon. yet I am a mid

countless of times however I've been ganked by purple hibs and albs, still I won't say everybody in either realm is without honour.
it are actions of individuals. not of a realm...

O

old.Hendrick

Frontier = Death

You go to the frontier, you die. Such funny incidents are always nice to happen, but you can't expect them. Yesterday, our minstrel and me ran after a blue or yellow enemy who was too far to catch us. Suddenly the minstrel turns around and runs back cause a norseman is incoming. Blades whirling, I attack him, only to find that he is grey-con and therefore gets ganked pretty fast by me. Sorry mate. But you scare my minstrel-girl, you die. I don't expect mercy either. Had I been alone and had there not been a few other mids around (who soon after got us), I may have let him lived and taken the time to check his con first and not do the usual F8 /stick routine. I DO prefer fair fighting one against one, but it is also nice to try and take on a group of lower/even con. And when a big badass sees you, well, you die.

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by SFXman
In other words, there is no such thing as honour in this game, it is not possible I suppose, based on peoples opinions. Is it honourable to killa gray if you are in a group of 8? No. Is it honourable to kill some gray that is just waving or dancing and has no hostile intentions? No.
When is something honourable tbh...

Well i've been in a group with 7 other mids lvl 34-40 sitting on the snow talking about what to do when three grey con albs came charging at us, first they just hit our lvl 40 thane with some magic doin almost no damage then they backed of, while we where still sitting there, talkin in /g chat, so i guess thoose albs thought that we all where afk, so they went at us with their weapons and magic, and doin damage and the fact we where sitting down they did more damage to us than usually, so we stood up and me and the other thane used our bellows and killed them, yes i see no honor in this, but they attacked us, if we would still be sitting there doin nothing they would eventually have killed us, and the fact that they attacked and nearly killed our rezzer, before we acted. But it is the frontier and we where in our frontier so i have the right to kill them.

And i've noticed on several times when a small grey con lurikeen comes jumping down the road towards us, and we let him live we play with him and several minutes later the hibs strike us, so a few of theese grey cons can just be spies, since there are many of us that will not kill them.

What would you do if you where goin on a keep raid and meet up with 5 unarmored grey con lurikeens, that you leave alone, and they follow you. I would for sure kill them before we got close to our target, or they would spoil our attack........

O

old.Andro

I kill every friggin' greycon I see. If they are exploring the frontiers they are subject to the same dangers as ANY other regardless of level, class and whatever...

Even purple con mobs kills you in the frontiers. Sad sad mobs.

And the mid ldticp met is to my knowlegde more honorable than anyone else. Was it me I would not have let you live. Or myself live for that matter. That fight would have been going on til one of us was dead ;)

S

SFXman

We could say that honour is not an option aswell, spying being the reason of course. :eek:

I

ImLestat

I'm just going to direct you all to this link:

Link

Now, how do you interprete this SFXman, regarding to this post? (Or anyone else that shares his view for that matter.)

A

Ardwan

I was in Hadrians about 30mins ago making sure it was clear of mids, when I met a grey middie stealther, but he died.....

.....on the end of my sword MWUHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Sorry, but like ya, anyone who enters my realm, and ain't an Alb, is and invader, and as such will be attacked on sight (or if purple and with friends will be run from and returned to with larger force ;))

But I did feel sorry for the little guy, it seemed he was as shocked to see me as I was to see him, he kinda ran in a circle, then stealthed, but his stealth was not high enough to conceal him from me.

O

Orin Askhammare

heh

SFXMan you're a scout. I'm not purp to you but I ever see someone called Bulls in Odin's I'm gonna attack him :) Nothing personal. We don't need enemy scouts in Odin's!

If it were all about honour the best way to spy/scout would be to send level what 20 characters into the enemy realm :)

S

SilverHood

I see killing grey cons in the frontier as teaching them a lesson

I give the consequence first, and the lesson afterwards

If he saw a purple troll, he/she should have stayed out of sight

I bet he'll be more careful next time

And doing 500+ dmg to an alb is fun, even if you get few rps for it :clap: Hell, I'd kill albs even if they didn't give rp's

B

Brannor McThife

I don't kill greys. If they attack me, I bash them hard with my shield and let them be.

If you're Green (Level 30+) to me, I'll generally let you go. Blue dies.

Met a green elf caster in Odin's yesterday. I was in a hurry to die (needed to /release to get siege items to friends) and figured he was closer than the Alb guards I was heading to. Banged my shield, stripped my armour, but just couldn't get him to zap me. So I donned my armour and chopped him in two. :/

Soz dude. But I was in a hurry. (The Stupid KC's I rushed had to take 4/5 hits..stupid block and parry. :p )

-G

O

old.Gombur Glodson

I might go to yggdra and start killing people there greys, greens or blue it doesnt matter but its fun to sture up a little chaos.
When I was playing pryd mig I loved yggdra because invaders would come, it made things more exciting.
When in emain I kill every thing I see usually mids are in emin for one thing to kill otherwise they shouldnt go near the action

and to finish of with a quote: "the greycon you dont kill today is the purplecon kicking your ass tomorrow"

O

old.dwyte

i think the point is getting missed here, here we have a char attacked by a higher lvl, after a short fight the higher lvl gave up.

he didnt have to but he did and by doing so allowed the one he killed to be ressed. that seems very honerable to me.

just because not every one is that forgiving, no need to change the topic of the post.

i have seen on a few occasions hibs sneak up behind me and bow, while i was watching middie forces. the lurikeen then proceeded to take shots at mids and leave me be. again he didnt have to.

way i see it killing a grey is honerable too, if they are in the frontier then they know the risks, its no holds barred. you let them live they can send information to higher lvls so they deserve to get killed.

/salute to high lvl mid for being a good sport.
/salute to idticp for showing no fear and getting away with it!

S

SFXman

Quite funny Brannor :)
I would've killed you in that case ffs (if it was me), if I realised that you were going to let me do that...

O

Ottar

> I don't kill greys.

Glauthrong, are you sure this is best? One straggler, no mattter what con, is still a potential source of information to the enemy.

I generally do kill greys. Unless they haven't seen me and I'd rather not announce my presence. Not a matter of honor here but of common sense, is it not?

Ottar

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by Ottar
> I don't kill greys.

Glauthrong, are you sure this is best? One straggler, no mattter what con, is still a potential source of information to the enemy.

I generally do kill greys. Unless they haven't seen me and I'd rather not announce my presence. Not a matter of honor here but of common sense, is it not?

Ottar

I have to agree, when I was low lvl I still went on keep raids and defenses, but just scouted the area, and quite a few times would get lucky as some mids would just pass right by me thinking I was just exploring or was lost :)

J

Jupitus

In the general to and fro up in emain last night I met a mighty brave little middie :)

I was strolling back to the AMG when I spotted a green and grey con coming through, right on my line. I targetted the green, and unstealthed and killed him quite easily, and then the grey con attacked me.

In general I don't bother killing grey cons... it is often riskier to do so (given that the 1 hit stealth thing is not very reliable) than the RP would justify. So... all I really wanted to do was go away and re-stealth and get on with my journey, but this guy just wouldn't stop. I put my weapons away and just evaded and absorbed a few hits... no good. I hit him a couple of time til about 20% health and put weapons away again.... still no good. I bowed... still no good! Bless his brave little heart .... then I killed him.

If that grey con reads this (sorry can't remember your name), then /salute to you. You are indeed totally and utterly mad :)

Jup.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Bodzilla
maybe he was related to Laird?

mmmm doubt it... I'd have been knocked out by the whiskey on the breath ;)

MON THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Jupitus
You are indeed totally and utterly mad :)
lol :D
Sounds pretty funny, the story that is. You might as well be leaning on a wall tapping against it with your fingers while he tries hit you :)

D

dunderklumpen

Originally posted by old.ldticp
Continuing the vain of recent honorable duels between our 2 realms
on saturday myself and a collegue were scouting around the Hib MG in odins (as we`ve not had much RvR exp we decided we needed to know the area and though while it was quiet this would be a great time)

Anyway suddenly my collegue was attacked from behind ..bang ..bang ..bang down to a quarter life... not one to leave a friend in danger even though the mid was purp con and on full health which meant certain death for me I charged in swinging my amethyst slash as fast as i could twisting my chants..

My friend died in one more hit..anyway i must presume the mid had used all his endurance as he just couldn`t hit me.. parry ..block ..miss..parry.. although i was the same after a minute of this we both just stopped and backed off.. he saluted me so i saluted back we both bowed and he left waving a little way off as he went

i rezzed my friend and we went on our way..absulutely amazing this really brightened up day thanks if you read this great fun ! hope i meet you again in about 10 levels time ;)

Might very well have been me, i recall countless of situation like this in odin's, and if so is the case im sorry for killing yuor friend, I I prolly didnt norice your con and attacked... i usually spent all my rvr time ouside hpk or apk in odin :)

And to the matter of Graykilling... Graykilling is stupid and unessesary, no maytter f they are in our frontier or NOT. reasons:
I usually, if i dont have anything better to do, stalk the graycon(s) and Stick them to make sure they dont get killed by enemies. I also use them as bait for other lalbs or hibs to kill. And all the /commands are great fun and bowing and saluting laughing and cryoing with enemies is so much more fun than killing them, after all there is no exitement whatsoever in doing 2 shouts and seing the enemie dead.
And what even more adds to it is that lowlvls add to the exitement in yggdra for our own, when the lowlvls of other realms go there they and our lowlvls have a great time!

I SPENT time in Odin as im on vacation till the end of august, then i will be abck to make Odin hostile to all alb and hibbs.. that im writing here is a darn good proof of me being on holiday.. i hate bulletins hehe

Dunderklumpen the lvl 50 Troll Skald in Odin's Gate

Users who are viewing this thread