honesty at last from GOA

F

- Fedaykin -

Excalibur Down Again
[2004-7-01]

My apologies for the lack of information about the third Excalibur crash but I was sleeping and I haven't had time to hand out my mobile number to the admins so they can wake me up when there's a problem. Expect more news in about an hour when I get to the office.

Erivoss - DAoC UK

A

Asq

Partial honesty imo. Still no reason why...

S

Sohan_THC

Amateurs :m00:

they did not know his moblile number ?

ahmmm it changes everytime you switch on youre cellphone ? like dns ? :clap:

atleast we know something tho , time to make breakfast while he drives to our server :D

B

boomstickbob

What a fucking lame excuse. Your 2 busy throwing sheep and blocking the ports to sort this out.

Roll on WoW

T

ttillub

Maybe this Erivoss is new guy that is going to take care of giving us information?
Anyway, he has given us some info so lets give him a chance!

R

Ravenbourne

he has done ok so far (only been 1 day) 2 bits of up to date news last night, cant expect him to stay up 24/7. havent goa heard of pagers? server crashes, automated beep etc

H

herjulf

yeah, atleast we get info.

Annoying though that we got to w8 til business hours to get the server up and running.

And it isnt erivoss thing to give the admins hi number they should know whos on duty and how to reach him/her.

R

rose

OMG LOL that guy will be fired :)

I cant believe he actually put that on the website, that just proves how incompetent they are.

Time to find a new job Erivoss.

M

Moody

1. Give the new guy a break instead of shooting at him just because he's from GOA. It's nice to see he is first of all a player (and an Excal one too).
2. He does this out of his own free will, so we can still flame GOA!
3. Hehehe, quite a typo in his post when he said hopepage instead of homepage :D
4. I hope he stays anonymous as when the witchhunters find out he plays alb or hib or mid the other realms have something extra to bitch about.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Moody
1. Give the new guy a break instead of shooting at him just because he's from GOA. It's nice to see he is first of all a player (and an Excal one too).
2. He does this out of his own free will, so we can still flame GOA!
3. Hehehe, quite a typo in his post when he said hopepage instead of homepage :D
4. I hope he stays anonymous as when the witchhunters find out he plays alb or hib or mid the other realms have something extra to bitch about.

Its actualy that some people here dont let facts get in the way of flames and whines!

V

VodkaFairy

You mean the thing Feday posted was real? Thought it was fake :m00:

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
You mean the thing Feday posted was real? Thought it was fake :m00:

Till a mod or an E&E member tells us otherwise its real.

(I am pretty sure Fing of one of the other mods already contacted the email address used to subscribe to verify it)

V

VodkaFairy

i mean the thing about mobile phone numbers and stuff

D

Driwen

Originally posted by VodkaFairy
i mean the thing about mobile phone numbers and stuff

its on goas site so i guess its true (its also on FH with this persons post).

E

elryrith

from the eyes and ears point of view we now have better access to the game gm's

we can now contact them if the server crashes at anytime of the day

this was impossible last week

lets see how the new system pans out

R

rose

Just goes to show to all the morons who said stop whining about the server being down, that the people who actually took time out to write emails etc and contact Mythic, and got a result, which benefit all.

Know do you people understand, aw well probably not, as your all probably kids or people who dont work etc.

I for one thank all the people who helped make this possible, people who can be arsed, and care where their money goes.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by rose
Just goes to show to all the morons who said stop whining about the server being down, that the people who actually took time out to write emails etc and contact Mythic, and got a result, which benefit all.

Know do you people understand, aw well probably not, as your all probably kids or people who dont work etc.

I for one thank all the people who helped make this possible, people who can be arsed, and care where their money goes.

If you think the emailing to mythic helped one little bit good for you.

Facts we know so far is : some GOA employe volenteerd himself to help keep the english comunity upto date.

If this was done by GOA (with or without presure from mythic) You can bet your sweet arse the would been a big PR post in the lines of.

With the recent complaints and server crashed GOA has decided to apoint <fill in name here> as press officer for the english servers ..bla...bla bla.

If email will change anything it will take weeks if not months.

F

freerp

Originally posted by fenderon
Excalibur coming back up
[2004-7-01]

Excalibur is being brought back up as I write this. The admins are going to investigate the details of the recent crashes, and as soon as we know something certain it will be posted here. We are sorry for the crashes this night.

Zargar

http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1667

investigate the details ??? mmm they maybe should have a look at mid frontier at prime time lol

here is the 10 oclock crash

S

Sichama

Originally posted by Sibanac
If you think the emailing to mythic helped one little bit good for you.

Ofcourse it did, no matter how much they choose to accept it or not at least now they know that their customers are not happy with them, and Mythic also knows, and i have allready seen this thing break the boundaries of DAoC community this threads are beeing posted in other gaming threads, two of them of new games in Beta stage, if not for anything else GoA's and DAoC's reputation is at this moment at it's lowest ever.

Facts we know so far is : some GOA employe volenteerd himself to help keep the english comunity upto date.

My first reaction to this was lol, but i then re-thinked it over and yes most probably someone must have volunteered for free for the job because otherwise it would mean that GoA actually decided to hire an English speaking person something that seems highly unlikely, so yes i think you are right.

If this was done by GOA (with or without presure from mythic) You can bet your sweet arse the would been a big PR post in the lines of.

With the recent complaints and server crashed GOA has decided to apoint <fill in name here> as press officer for the english servers ..bla...bla bla.

If email will change anything it will take weeks if not months.

This is definately lol, do you really think they would put up on their site, if they ever find out where they have put it, something so incriminating as that the Servers crush and people complain?

In any case the shouting and whining and complaining must not stop untill they do something about it, and for their sake it better has results in weeks and not months because competition is coming and it's coming fast and it seems strong.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by Sichama
Ofcourse it did, no matter how much they choose to accept it or not at least now they know that their customers are not happy with them, and Mythic also knows, and i have allready seen this thing break the boundaries of DAoC community this threads are beeing posted in other gaming threads, two of them of new games in Beta stage, if not for anything else GoA's and DAoC's reputation is at this moment at it's lowest ever.

My first reaction to this was lol, but i then re-thinked it over and yes most probably someone must have volunteered for free for the job because otherwise it would mean that GoA actually decided to hire an English speaking person something that seems highly unlikely, so yes i think you are right.

This is definately lol, do you really think they would put up on their site, if they ever find out where they have put it, something so incriminating as that the Servers crush and people complain?

In any case the shouting and whining and complaining must not stop untill they do something about it, and for their sake it better has results in weeks and not months because competition is coming and it's coming fast and it seems strong.

We are not Mythic customers, we are GOA customers. Mythic probably just gets a bit of cash from the sale of the game. rest of their money they get from goa in liscense fees etc.

IF mytrhic decides to put presure on GOA it will take a long time, since there will be a bunch load of meetings, talks with their legal staff ect...

And ok my wording was bad, they would probably put some more pr'ed up piece of drivel
think like : ' I order to furher improve customer relattionships, ... bla bla bla ' or atleast samething along those lines

S

shamyn

The reason for the crashes? We already kinda figured it out didn't we, servers overloaded due to too many people in the same zone(not blaming them). Time to get some new hardware I guess :rolleyes:

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by shamyn
The reason for the crashes? We already kinda figured it out didn't we, servers overloaded due to too many people in the same zone(not blaming them). Time to get some new hardware I guess :rolleyes:

There is a hole in that theory.
There have been battles in this scale before and the servers didnt crash.
Remember the days in Mid frontier pre Corpse summoner nerf.
SS and fellwoship keep raids on Mid had about the same number of people as last night.
The server didnt crash then

M

Moody

Originally posted by shamyn

The strange thing is that yesterday during the last crash there weren't even THAT many people in the same zone. Ok it was lots but I thought we had some large battles before in the previous months that altho unplayable at 1fps, did not boot us out of the game.

F

freerp

something to amuse u all
if u think goa are bad read on
i used to work for a rather large (talking of one of the world players here )computer company
the place i worked at ran training courses covering everything from how to turn a pc on to progamming ,code and all that sort of thing (microsoft used to send ppl to us for training)
as the courses could run anywhere up to 2 months or more we had accomadation (on an average day there was 2000 ppl attending cousres)
now the system we used in the accomadation section wasnt compatible with the course booking system and info was sent from uk to ireland (where it was translated) then back to us this could take 2 days (great fun when the person was in front of u)
the pc`s we used had a 3gb hd running windows 3.1 this was 2 years ago btw and the server was the same although that had a 20gb hd now the server used to crash about once a month and normally went down around 6-8 pm in the evening
the server was locked away in a cupboard and the it guys went home at 5 there was no backup system no call out we were forbidden to do such a thing ,so we had to wait until 9 the next morning to report it so they could reboot it now everything such as phone bills ,bar bills accom bills all went onto this system if it was down we couldnt charge ppl for anything (lots of happy ppl sometimes)
the place used to lose £100s because of this
they never did anything to rectify the problem
we used to get comments like my god that belongs in a musem
happily i no longer work there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom