Games HoN

Afran

Part of the furniture
Does anyone else here play? Playing it with my brother and having 3 randoms often sucks ass, be good to have more of a team to queue with

Afran

Part of the furniture
I should've added inb4 random dota comments & lol comments

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I just played my first two games on Sunday (and I've never played DotA or LoL). I had fun but dear god, I felt like the biggest noob to ever walk this earth. :)

Obviously I would be worse than any random. Need to rack up a whole bunch of nostats games.

eksdee

FH is my second home
We just started playing this weekend, or well playing again for most of us. Two 1750+ MMR players who haven't played in a while plus three newish players (me being one of those) who have a little HoN or DOTA experience so we're not outstanding by any means, but having a lot of fun. It's amazing how much difference playing in a team makes to enjoying the game, I tried to learn HoN before playing with 1-2 buddies and found it really frustrating. Much better this time around.

We were five last night but aren't always, drop by our irc channel - #crowdcontrol on quakenet - I can't guarantee a spot, but if you don't find anyone else to play with then if we have a spot you're welcome. In that channel it's me, Aile, Tbag/Bones and Satori|Jiro that are playing HoN.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
I should've added inb4 random dota comments & lol comments
HoN just have too many useless heroes, sick imbalance, too many useless items, the graphic annoys me and theres too much going on in fights, ive played like 20 HoN games and its not for me. DoTA is much more simple and balanced.

eksdee

FH is my second home
DOTA will always be the king, but it's just simpler to sit in the matchmaking queue in HoN and it's free. :p

eksdee

FH is my second home
Fair, could do some 5v5s some time if you like though. :)

And thanks for the link.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Can't wait for this man!!!

Dota 2 Gamescom Trailer - YouTube

Huntingtons, are you still floating around DOTApickup.eu?

Gonna dig out my disks and get it reinstalled for a warm up for the new one!!!

eksdee

FH is my second home
There's livestreams of the invitational tournament on right now. I can't watch them sadly as I'm at work, but you can probably find links to the streams at dota2.com. Over 1.5m viewers right now apparently. :eek:

eksdee

FH is my second home
I am Dane, prolly just didn't join priv channel because shitty mac irc always rejects the pw first time!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The game is good but you can't find a worse community anywhere else then in dota/HoN/LoL..

Even the slightest mistake will net you flaming of the kind you will never have seen before.

I mean, i'd much rather go into a packed mosque and proclaim that muslims confess to idolatry then make a major mistake in LoL/HoN...

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I've got thick skin. People can say what they want, I'm like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

eksdee

FH is my second home
The game is good but you can't find a worse community anywhere else then in dota/HoN/LoL..

Even the slightest mistake will net you flaming of the kind you will never have seen before.

I mean, i'd much rather go into a packed mosque and proclaim that muslims confess to idolatry then make a major mistake in LoL/HoN...

Publics/pickups in all games are like that though to be honest. That's just 21st century culture in general, especially when it comes to gaming and the internet in general frankly, most people are just so desperate to appear to be the best, or the smartest, or whatever else-est that they perceive everyone else isn't.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Publics/pickups in all games are like that though to be honest.

Yes to some extent it is.

But in most games when you fuck up then at least you usually get a chance to explain yourself. You are often not getting that chance in these games.

Take LoL for example, in that game you can soon (or already can) be REPORTED for being a bad player!

You won't get banned for being a bad player mind you, but you will end up on a hidden "shit player" list that the match making system relies on. Hell you don't even have to BE a bad player, you just have to piss off enough players and you will never play in games you really should be, because the match making system won't let you.

And it's the elitist players that pushed for that feature.

So yes, it's just as bad as i made it sound in my previous post. Because both HoN and dota players wants this as well now.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Can't wait for this man!!!

Dota 2 Gamescom Trailer - YouTube

Huntingtons, are you still floating around DOTApickup.eu?

Gonna dig out my disks and get it reinstalled for a warm up for the new one!!!
nah, i should but i really cba to go thru the reactivate old user or w/e so now i fool around in DIV league which is public bnet.

ive been watching the DoTA2 games. Looking forward to next match with Na`Vi. if you join i might, we could play some games together. Im rusty as fuck though

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
to add something about the community.

It is true that the tone is very bad and people arent helpful which is ruining it for many new players. However it really is annoying being a semi good player and having 2-3 newbs on the team who will not listen (more often than not because of ignorance but sometimes arrogance). but most are just assholes.

Afran

Part of the furniture
Community does suck ass :) Why I want 4 others to play with! We're 3-4 most of the time so could use like 2 more regulars :p Not like we're pro or anything just a LOT more fun with friends

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I was just in a "noobs only" game and someone on my team started whining about someone else on my team. "omg this slither is so bad" "slither u suck". WTF. It's "noob only" no stats ¬_¬ what do they expect?

5 games in and not one comment made about me yet. That's something I guess :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
nah, i should but i really cba to go thru the reactivate old user or w/e so now i fool around in DIV league which is public bnet.

ive been watching the DoTA2 games. Looking forward to next match with Na`Vi. if you join i might, we could play some games together. Im rusty as fuck though

I fished out my accoutn and remembered the details, so I've been reading through the guides to see what's changed. GOnna reinstall irc at some point next week and see about giving it a whirl! I'll give you a shout!

On the community side of things Hunt is right. But the game relies so much on people knowing what they are doing, it's the difference between wasting an hour of your time if you are going to get farmed due to people not wanting to take your advice.

really excited about the new one! Just so it can breathe some life into DOTA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom