Home Invasion Server for Europe

O

old.CrazyMuppet

If you gotta smoke weed, use dutch weed... better qual.

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
If you gotta smoke weed, use dutch weed... better qual.
Yeah, hib weed sux

F

Falcon

Yeah that'd be just great, watching SBs PA'ing lvl3s as they try and XP on water beetles :p

O

old.CrazyMuppet

I'm curious though, what was he talking about?

Some servertype where you realistically can get past BK's?

A

Alrindel

Yes. It's been proposed a lot on the VN boards although as far as I know Mythic have never said officially whether or not they are considering implementing it, although it did win their official "what server would you like to see next" poll on camelotherald.com.

C

cHodAX

I want the hybrid PvE/PvP sever with player killing only in frontier and remote areas but Mythic seem to think that would take too much coding :(

M

mirieth

A what server? I'm confused now.

Can someone explain this to me, please? :)

T

The Real Redi

right, i'll give it a go, even though i havent read anything on it... :)

If it's even close to my guess, it'll be awesome though -

Whereas now it is possible to besiege, take and claim other realms keeps, and also to besiege and raise the relic keep, on this new server it would be wholly possible for an army of Albs to lay siege to Vindsaul Faste and if successful, breech the enemies border keep and storm into the their realm.

The only problem with that would be if one realm became overpowered, compared to the others and constantly charged the border keep for some grey killing in the homelands...

but there you go - we learned from Camlann that PvP is a bit suck arse: unless your either bedridden or just have no other life enough that you can PL a character to 50 in 5 days. Horses for Courses i reckon...

L

lairiodd

The best way to do home invasion is to have more frontier zones. Have "barren" zones like the current rvr zones which just have keeps then a border keep and then rvr zones that have towns and the like ( probably fortified ) and then the real border keeps which are unbreachable. This means that even if a realm is pushed right back they still have some zones that are safe to exp in. Maybe not as good as holding the semi-rvr zones but at least they cant be effectively stopped from exping by another realm which has 80% of the server population. I would also like some bonus for defenders when fighting in their semi-rvr zone as a counter balance to the fact that the attackers are more powerful.

O

old.Raziel

I'd love a server where u can invade another realm.

would be cool, ok its a bit towards t he PvP server, but atleast your not going to be jacked in the back by some guy u were just talking to.

at least this was u are fairly safe in your own realm.

but hope it wont be just for lvl 40+, low lvls should be able to get there too.

B

Brannor McThife

Part of the "Solution" is simple. No class is able to stealth in an enemy inner realm. That way, SB/Hunter/NS/Ranger wouldn't be able to hide and would be prime and easy targets if solo inside Albion's inner realm.

-G

D

decline

A few games that have implemented similar things have put a timer on your romp through the opposing realms.

That is, once you enter their border's, you have an hour or two to create havoc, before you get ported back. Or simply put it in where you cant log in to an enemy realm's land, so if you log out, back to your bindspot you go.

N

nobrot

Would be cool, but you would need to protect against grey ganking and reduce the chance that one realm constantly zergs another..

The borders keeps should perhaps only be able to be breached with a large force; Players will not be able to attack grey con enemies; players fighting within their realm will have some kind of attack bonus, and if you log or die, back to your bind point.. I can see how it would work...

But then SWG is out soon... so who cares??? lol

K

kinag

argh stop talking about SWG, i have a feeling me and my brother will be only one left playing daoc when it comes out :(

tho i maybe gonna try SWG, but not forget about daoc :)

D

Damon_D

who cares about SWG ??? Go away with that lame arse sci-fi game will ya. Home invasion would be cool , if they can make it work

S

SilverHood

lol, its mythic

Cant even make daoc balanced... how can they make a home invasion server with the right balance

O

old.LandShark

If I may just skip most of the middle of this thread and reply to the original idea... can anyone see a particular problem with having no new, seperate server, but instead making the borderforts breechable one night every fortnight or something? Frankly the thought of fighting enemies for territory seems quite appealing, plus you'd get to go and explore the other realms. Also perhaps make anyone under 3/4ths your level immune to PvP attacks? I.e. lvl10 can only attack lvl8's or higher, lvl50's can only attack highish-green lvl38's, etc...
And the rest of the time it's normal RvR server. Seems to me that would - although being probably hard to code, perhaps - give everyone a taste of PvP, introduce a new kind of RvR combat (i.e. fighting to gain possession of a truly large keep/glorified milgate) and avoid the eventual loss of population due to being unable to level a new char fast enough to compete with the powergamers.

edit:

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Part of the "Solution" is simple. No class is able to stealth in an enemy inner realm. That way, SB/Hunter/NS/Ranger wouldn't be able to hide and would be prime and easy targets if solo inside Albion's inner realm.

-G

Right, and we'll then force all melees and hybrids to use only unstyled melee, all casters can... oh, let's say only use root and <lvl40 baseline spells, and no healers are allowed to heal.
Sorry, that's ridiculous imho. I agree that if you could have enemy SBs inside albion at any time it would be ludicrous, they're simply too hard to find even for other assassins. Solution to that is imho to do what I proposed above, but to add the following...
After you get into the enemy realm on "Home Invasion Night", you can log out and log back in again freely until midnight. After midnight if you log into a char that's in an enemy realm, it is teleported to its bindstone.

M

moo_work

the basic idea that was bandered around was this :

Essentially it's a normal rvr server, except for a few things.

egs:

Albion captures both of Midgard's relics. This causes Midgards border keeps to be "weakened" so that the guards are something akin to "slightly higher than keep guards". Basicly holding both of an enemy's relics means you can now have a chance at invading through their border keeps.

The border keeps, and major towns within the realm could also be "taken" like normal keeps, the particulars of which would need some playing with but the general idea is to give more to rvr than just relics.

NPC guards within the homezones would auto agress any invader, but if the town is "taken" then the guards become auto agressing to the homezone's populace, and friendly to the invaders.

The only "town" that could not be "taken" is the capital cities, which would always remain in the hands of their rightful owners. Thus there could be a situation where in a given realm, the entire populace were only safe inside their capital city.

Retaking of towns would be possible, also the retaking of even just 1 of your own relics back from the invaders would mean all towns and bks that were "taken" revert back to home status, and all enemies within the homezone are expelled.

L

lairiodd

tbh, the main problem with any home invasion if you apply it to the current zone arrangement is that they werent designed to allow home invasion. For various reasons ( mainly because Mythic knows people love horse rides :) ), the main high level exp areas were put as far away from the border keeps as possible. This was to require that there is a finite response time for a realm to mobilise its high levels from exping in the event of something happening in the frontier ( this is the same reason why people exp in cursed forest rather than the bog due to the large travel time ).

Anyway, the result of this is that in the event of a bk breach it will be all the low levels exping on level 1 mobs who are in the frontline. What would be better would be if the invasion hit the high level exping areas first. For example make it so that enemies enter via the bog of cullen ( or even the cursed forest = only make cain breachable) in hib ( and the equivalent in the other realms ). Having said that the bog would be the best as the sheer travel time to get from the bog to connacht ( without horse routes ) would ( should ? :) )deter most grey gankers from making the long trip.

D

Driwen

I know that middies on excal exp in malmo, which is as far as i know the farthest from svasud you can be and prolly vinsauld aswell. Still the response time off midgard on excal is good. It would give realms a reason to actually defend their frontier at all times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom