home highway

T

throdgrain

hi all,
i'm sure theres loads of ppl out there who know about this one!I'm getting home highway in a couple of weeks (at last) and I need to know;whats best? a terminal adaptor or an "isdn card"?external modems have always been good , does this still apply?also once i've got one or the other , and had me h.h box fitted , is there anything else i've got to do before i can play at 128?
thanks!

O

old.QorbeQ

The "de-facto" standard for ISDN gaming is an AsusCom internal PCI ISDN terminal adaptor - P-IN100-ST-D is the model number.

http://www.solwise.co.uk/ (£28.20 inc vat but delivery is extra istr).

To get a 128k connect is just a setup thing on your O/S (plus your ISP has to support 128k multilink).

And as for using 128k itself, tis nice for downloading stuff but playing a game on 128k makes no real noticable difference to your game ping, it just costs twice as much (depending on both the games you play and whether or not you pay for your calls).

O

old.[S9]Wrath

lo,

I would stick with internal PCI ISDN adapter as the external ones are renowned for giving higher pings, I have the ASUSCOM TA that QorbeQ mentioned and its top banana + i also got it from Solwise that hes on about (at the time when they did there £40 cash back deal if you ordered your HH from them as well...don't think they still do that though)

Also using 128K makes absolutly no difference in ping on the games i play (UT, Q3 & CS) so i just use 64K and keep the other channel free so people can still telephone me. 128K is fecking great for d/ling and surfing the web though! get luverly pings of 40-80 in CS on BW servers :)

regards,

[S9]Wrath
http://www.section-nine.net

T

throdgrain

hi,
well thanks both of u for the info.I ve ordered an internal
adapter from the firm u recommended, its being delivered on monday for £32! bargain i reckon!Nopw i just gotta find out how to fit it...lol
thanks folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom