holidays for when u older.. where to?

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
funny subject yeah but i got thinking after someone started banging the question around at work.. most said africa.. australia.. south america blah blah.. but. i had a long hard think about it and i came up with this.

a nice 3-4 month trip around the coastal towns of the Baltic Sea :)

not everyone's cup of tea i know.. but i would think it would be brilliant. staying in some of the smaller towns for a bit and seeing how life goes on..

if i did actually do that.. anyone got any tips on where to go?

and do u also have some stranger (?) places you would like to go.. ibiza and stuff sucks.. go somewhere else imo :)

would genuinely like to know... might go there afterwards hehe

Ezteq

Queen of OT
am going to australia later this year, my 1st ever holiday (1st time out of uk, etc) which im really excited about but would love to go to bourneo (orang utangs) and madagasgar (lemurs etc) travel through africa and egypt, would also love to do a road trip through usa and down to mexico, adventure holidays are most appealing to me and ive already told my family in australia i will be doing my steve irwin impressions poking dangerous stuff with a little stick and saying "crikey" and "Av a go at this grumpy lil fella, he's a beaut!!"

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Egypt is an interesting place although it is a dirty, smelly crud hole for the most part. The people are pretty friendly though...especially the people who are trying to sell you something or beg money off you. As for the all the ruins? After you've seen 3 or 4 sites they all pretty much look the same. I did enjoy my time out there but I won't be rushing back any time soon.

The rest of Africa is pretty the same depending on where you go. I went to Kenya and spent a good few months mooching around Nakuru (was working in a game park at the time) and some time in Mombassa and Nairobi. Nairobi ain't the best place for a pasty white lass on her own. I would TOTALLY advise going with someone...someone really big...someone really big and packing some heat. Mombassa isn't so bad. Pretty touristy and so you should be okay. Plenty of cheap hookers wandering the beaches in case your body guard gets bored but it is probably a very fast way to pick up some local strains of yer ever popular STDs. If you hadn't guessed, I am not too keen on Africa. It sickens me to see once proud tribes, like the Masai, reduced to selling fucking beads on the roadsides to wide-eyed tourists. The wildlife is amazing though. I would still go back if only just to see some more of the national parks. Make sure you get a really good driver though because some friends of mine wound up with this dipshit who couldn't tell a rhino from a friggin' hippo. I was fortunate to drive around with the chief vet (who happened to be my uncle funnily enough) and it makes a huge difference.

As for the rest of the continent? Just make sure the population isn't trying to wipe eachother out when you arrive. Dem boys love a good bit of genocide every now and then.

My brother is planning to do an American road trip down to California or Mexico this summer ... luck sod. I won't be going because I have ... other plans. :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
dude your a girl? lol and btw i want your life!!! ...or at least adopt me :D

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Wha? No! Why would you think I was a girl? :eek: DAMMIT! I'M ALL MAN!! I meant that it would not be advisable for ANY girl to go to Nairobi on her own. :p And to further clarify, I didn't sample any of the hootchie in Mombassa either...just in case anyone was wondering. :p

Btw. my life comes with huge debts and outstanding loans so you are more than welcome to it. I was kinda looking for a new one anyways. ;)

BlitheringIdiot

One of Freddy's beloved
...thats not the first time someone thought sissy was a girl... Not that I'm implying anything. :D

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I thought I gave the impression I was GAY, not a GIRL!! I am OUTRAGED!!

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
umm.
I've heard there is an amazing beach on the coast of Poland.
And that anyone could afford luxury there. Sounds bit odd but I fink its real.

Smog to the people!

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Was going to buy a motorcycle, and tour europe for a few months, but decided against it for the moment. To do something like that requires money (worked it out at about 6 grand min after buying MC). Also thought about doing the 'working holiday' bit, but it's not realy on. If ur on holiday, u want to relax, not work.

There's also Paintball tours (go round various countries plaing against home teams with a bunch of complete strangers). There not too bad as your in a new place every few days, but coach travel only, they wont allow you to take the gear on a plane apparently.

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Binky the Bomb said:
There's also Paintball tours (go round various countries plaing against home teams with a bunch of complete strangers). There not too bad as your in a new place every few days, but coach travel only, they wont allow you to take the gear on a plane apparently.

lol now there's a surprise :)

3.5 weeks mallorca is perfect for me, easy women, cheap booze, sunshine and a great beach

the easy women part is great.... really

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
ilaya said:
funny subject yeah but i got thinking after someone started banging the question around at work.. most said africa.. australia.. south america blah blah.. but. i had a long hard think about it and i came up with this.

not everyone's cup of tea i know.. but i would think it would be brilliant. staying in some of the smaller towns for a bit and seeing how life goes on..

and do u also have some stranger (?) places you would like to go.. ibiza and stuff sucks.. go somewhere else imo :)

I'm seriously considering a baltic cruise next summer with some friends from new york. Either that or a week in st petersberg. I was always bored to tears by beach holidays. I go on holidays to do stuff and see interesting places. In the last few years my holidays have included.

Oslo for 5 days with 4 friends to celibrate one of the guys 30th birthday as he was norwegian and used to run/dj at a club in oslo
Prague for a week with friends from London and New York, lots of wandering round galleries and old buildings
Last year I had a 2 week trip to the US. Spent 4 days in NYC staying with friends then off to Vegas for a music festival and gambling then back to NYC to chill before coming home.
This year i've had a weekend in Paris with the girlfriend.

Personally i Have a list of things I want to go do in the next few years

Hiking in the Andes in Peru
A week chilling out in Iceland
Travelling across Canada by train then going to Alaska.
Driving across the USA

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Back to India and this time do the whole country for a year :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Sissyfoo said:
Wha? No! Why would you think I was a girl? :eek: DAMMIT! I'M ALL MAN!! I meant that it would not be advisable for ANY girl to go to Nairobi on her own. :p And to further clarify, I didn't sample any of the hootchie in Mombassa either...just in case anyone was wondering. :p

Btw. my life comes with huge debts and outstanding loans so you are more than welcome to it. I was kinda looking for a new one anyways. ;)

shiiiit lol really sorry sissy i totally misread that bit about pasty white lasses lol sorry again

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
Wha? No! Why would you think I was a girl? :eek: DAMMIT! I'M ALL MAN!!
"All man" eh?
It's so temping to take the piss here.....must resist.....must not make poof jokes.....

Damn

Hey dude, something for those lonely nights.... :kissit: ...just look at those cheeks. Tempted.....?

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
/slaps Binky

That was a manly slap btw.

Actually, make that a punch!

A manly punch!

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I used to think Africa would be a fantastic place for a holiday, working here kind of takes the gloss off the 'exotic adventure' that was once teh dream. Africa is a shithole, unless your in a guided organised tour and living inside a fenced off compound. Did that sound terribly jaundiced ?
My wife wants me to learn to drive, and I suppose I will have to eventually but 37 years of chauffeur service is going to be hard to give up. Once I learn to drive, we will probably do a Euro tour, ferry across and see where it takes us.
One of the best holidays I had was to America, went to visit my sister in California had nearly 3 weeks, went on a tour around, it was abso-fucking-lutely drop dead gorgeous. It got to the point where your jaw hurt from dropping, Lake Tahoe, Mono Lake, Yosemite, Monterey, 17 Mile Drive, christ it was one scene of outstanding natural beauty after another.
Another I had when I were a youth, the North Island of New Zealand, I would suggest going there when it is winter in Europe because the climate is almost diametrically opposed to ours :D (and it is bloody cold in June). Lots of sporty type things to do there, and some bloody interesting places and stuff to see and smell (Rotorua).
Was on Borneo a few times when I was younger did not see any Orangutans unfortunately, but I was in the north either in Brunei or Sarawak. Once again a beautiful place with some very intersting sites, take in a long house, meet Ibans and Dyaks who will happily show you the piles of human skulls their forebears gathered from people :clap: .
I may have to go to Brazil in a month or two, unfortunately it's work, so I may be able to report on what Copacabana beach is like :drink:

Later

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Yer...my dad went to Africa on holiday and fell in love with the place (mainly because of the wildlife) but at the time we were on a special tour, living in a guarded compound with fences and big security guards. He is always saying he would love to go back and visit more parks and see more of the country but after having worked out there for a bit and cycled through Egypt I can't see the attraction at all; it really is a smelly, dirty, dusty crud bucket. :mad: The police are corrupt as fuck, shop keepers will rip you off if you aren't on guard and the amount of poverty and crime is shocking. The only way to see the beauty of Africa these days is with an armoured convoy! :p

</exaggeration>

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Jobs been around.

20 yrs of endless adventure holidays, only done 1 package holiday to Ibiza, liked it actually, well the chicks and getting pissed.

Come to conclusion...everywhere is really the same, and it doesn't matter where you go how exotic or amazing it is, you will meet people who are bored shitless living there.

Next trip Iceland, gonna hire a super jeep for a week and hopefully roll it over 100 miles from civilisation :)

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Sissyfoo said:
/slaps Binky

That was a manly slap btw.

Actually, make that a punch!

A manly punch!
Having some difficulty i take it?
Singing "He's a man 'Manly man' a man in tights, he goes around DAoC looking for fights."

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i imagine a holiday when one has passed his prime would be to go africa for a spot of big game hunting and collecting some ivory horns.. followed by afew tiger trophes.. that would be of course the highlight of the trip

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:

Stay away from all of sweden, if you have to see it dont talk to anyone.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Conchabar said:
i imagine a holiday when one has passed his prime would be to go africa for a spot of big game hunting and collecting some ivory horns.. followed by afew tiger trophes.. that would be of course the highlight of the trip
if i could time travel think it'd be great to go to africa when it was still all unexplored and the tribes didnt all go about in duffed up old nikes, i mean theres only a tiny area of unexplored terrotory these days and we got satelites and crap no adventure or excitement these days, bring back high adventure and boddice ripping on the open sea imo!

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Tokyo!

End up as a manager of a girls dormitory and get into lots of mischievous adventures :D

:( Bah, wish Tokyo was like a damn anime cartoon.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Deacan said:
Tokyo!

End up as a manager of a girls dormitory and get into lots of mischievous adventures :D

:( Bah, wish Tokyo was like a damn anime cartoon.

well just go to america on certain chat rooms theres always a :quote:
"Just me and my dorm sisters all alone 19 years old and all hot, want to play on cam" <cough> from the films you'd never guess they were all like that o_O

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Bleh, its not the same if the girls are American, they have to be Japanese!!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom