holiday suggestions?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I want to get away somewhere hot, and preferably with a beach. It needs to be cheap, and I want to go for a week, anytime before the end of March.

suggestions? I've had a look around at lasminute etc, and they seem to point to Spain or Malta.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Spain isn't bad(barca exp), if you can stand the locals. Good nerves might not be your best suite, so a fair warning.

Then you could take a trip to mexico, if that's in the budget. Could find cheap flights.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Budget is up to £300 max (would prefer to spend less) for a package. Rather not book flights and hotels separately as I want minimum fuss.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Have a look at lanzagrotti or tenerife - usually hot and should be packages...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Quite tempted by Gambia, lastminute have some deals at £350, just outside my budget. I know Deebs just got back from there. Anyone else been and would recommend it? Would make a nice change from the usual Spanish resorts.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL Throddy. I do actually want to visit skirtland, my younger cousin is studying at St Andrews, and I was due to visit him this week. But fuck me the train and coach prices to there are ridiculous. It's cheaper for me to go off somewhere sunny :)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Sucker for Turkey myself, Antalya should be nice in March. Should be able to get a late deal for a good price.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
LOL Throddy. I do actually want to visit skirtland, my younger cousin is studying at St Andrews, and I was due to visit him this week. But fuck me the train and coach prices to there are ridiculous. It's cheaper for me to go off somewhere sunny :)

It would be cheaper to go somewhere nice :D

My favourite is Normandy for what its worth, but it don't fit your criteria so I'll shut up :) Spain IS warm, is nicer than you think, and can be cheap!

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Madiera? Went there a few years back, it was incredible. Easyjet flies to Funchal pretty cheaply, just don't youtube the airport landing there, they can be a bit scary.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just been doing the same search myself for the same time period. The only nearby destinations with decent weather in March is the Canaries and maybe Cyprus and Malta (word of warning about Cyprus though, not cheap anymore). If you can find a deal, Egypt might be worth a look as March/April is the best time of year to go (Sharm for diving is worth going now because its going to be wrecked in another couple of years).

I'm going to Venice, but I don't expect to get much sun.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Silverhood, would love to do Madiera, but one of my friends is from there, and she does not want to be bumping into family all the time.

Gaffer, Egypt and specifically Sharm were suggested, but the girls were worried about dress code restrictions?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Silverhood, would love to do Madiera, but one of my friends is from there, and she does not want to be bumping into family all the time.

Gaffer, Egypt and specifically Sharm were suggested, but the girls were worried about dress code restrictions?

Nah, no problems in Sharm. Don't take the piss out in the streets, but by the pool, on the beach etc. its all very Western.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Nah, no problems in Sharm. Don't take the piss out in the streets, but by the pool, on the beach etc. its all very Western.

ta, I'll see if I convince the wimmins, I like the idea of diving. Problem with a lot of the other places I have looked at is a basic lack of activities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom