Ho many English Servers will WAR stabilise at ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
The doom and gloom of servers "dying" is not all bad.

Those of us who played DaoC will know we only had 2. Im sure many will agree - this was not a bad thing. We had community, we knew each other, heck we knew A LOT about each other thanks to FH. This friendly rivalry in community spirit :p...hard to put into words what i mean unless you played daoc.....you didnt get this in WoW or any other mmorpg ive played.

Id be happy with 4 high/high english servers, im sure Lord Jacobs wont be though !

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
This friendly rivalry in community spirit

Friendly? pfft :p

But yeah, nothing has come close to DAOC for community, especially in the early days. I think its down to the exping myself. doing 1245975340 kill x amount of mobs then go and kill them all over again for their toe nails alone does not build a good community, grinding away in proper exp groups does.

The DAOC community started to decline when pbaoe groups and power levelling became more popular. The WoW community is built around trade and guilds.

Not overly sure where the WAR community will come from, random scenarios where you will probably not see the same people twice will certainly not encourage it. Open RvR will do I imagine, there just needs to be far more of it.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
The DAOC community started to decline when pbaoe groups and power levelling became more popular. The WoW community is built around trade and guilds.

Not overly sure where the WAR community will come from, random scenarios where you will probably not see the same people twice will certainly not encourage it. Open RvR will do I imagine, there just needs to be far more of it.

Seems reasonably likely.

Can't honestly say i have met and stayed in contact with more than a handful of players i have encountered so far in WAR, but by this time in DAoC i was in a new guild of around 40 players all of which had met up on release day beetle whacking and some of which i am still friends with today. Same with EvE, WoW, SWG and Planetside, while playing all of which i met lots of awesome people from practically day 1.

ramathorn

Fledgling Freddie
i would say yeah maybe four would be a likely number.

one thing i miss from the old days in daoc was the wtb / wts threads on the trade forum. it always got me talking to people when i wanted to buy or sell stuff, it meant they had to message you ingame etc rather than just click "buy"

i guess its easier the way it is, but no where near as interesting :)

Klonk

One of Freddy's beloved
Agree that fewer servers probably will lead to better community, as some already have mentioned. And the trade forums on FH were ftw indeed :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Honest Ramathorn's All-U-Can-Eatz Mobile Emporium:

557738-medium.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom