Hmmmmmm...

F

Fafnir

With what patch do we get the heavy starkakedja armor and the heavy great composite bow?

P

- Pathfinder -

Starkakedja sounds quite stupid, really. Is this icelandic as well, as it looks grammatically disgusting :p

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Starkakedja sounds quite stupid, really. Is this icelandic as well, as it looks grammatically disgusting :p

Well it dont really sound very icelandic, feels more like they had a english-swedish dictrionary and translated words like strong/reinforce chain. With that you could end up with Starkakedja. Been playing around with some dictionary's on the web.

P

- Pathfinder -

I truly hope that's not the case, it doesn't even look like Swedish with that spelling :p

E

erl

Almost looks swedish, the correct term in swedish would be "starkkedja", only one extra 'a' that have sneaked in :)

P

- Pathfinder -

Excpet, of course, you wouldn't call something starkkedja in Swedish, as it sounds rediculous :) And that a makes it look truly awful :)

F

Fafnir

Originally posted by erl
Almost looks swedish, the correct term in swedish would be "starkkedja", only one extra 'a' that have sneaked in :)

I would in that case be förstärkt ringbrynja.

E

erl

That is true if you look to the semantics, however I didn't go that deep, just checked the syntax ;)

O

old.Tohtori

I think the words come from old language, some gaelic or whatnot(yeah i know it isn't gaelic).

Must be of the "viking" thing that they use icelandic/swedish/danish/sugar coated buns to do the lingo.

I dunno, just guessing, and making little sense. :D

O

old.tRoG

I think the words come from old language, some gaelic or whatnot(yeah i know it isn't gaelic).

Must be of the "viking" thing that they use icelandic/swedish/danish/sugar coated buns to do the lingo.

I dunno, just guessing, and making little sense.
its definatly not gaelic, nor does it bear any resemblance to gaelic, for a start there is no k in the gaelic alphabet. looks more like swedish to me.

AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN OLD LANGUAGE?!

its still spoken in some parts of scotland/ireland/wales btw... :)

K

Keri

Gaelic is also still spoken in some parts of Canada. Bet not many people knew that. :p

B

Bedroc the Hero

It is swedish.

Starkakedja is from swedish "Starka Kedja" which means "strong chain"

"förstärkt" means Strengthened ( sorry for my english spelling )

And yes.. in this context it sounds very silly :)

P

- Pathfinder -

The whole point with my reply was that "Starkakedja" is not correct Swedish :p There's an a too much, and there's simple no such word even if you remove it. That said, I realsie Mythic wanted managble names for their armour, and decided that the US people wouldn't care anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom