Hmmmm....tempted........

E

ECA

Been reading these forums deciding if PS is worth it.

Love some of the stories coming out, it sounds a lot like the crazy things you could do in tribes 1 if you had half a brain, and of course I'd have the chance to frag Xtro some more :clap:

Dave Georgeson was involved in the dev of both but then again he was responsable for the biggest videogaming atrocity ever besides Daikatana - Tribes 2.

Can i dl a months free trial version or something? I dont fancy stumping up 30 quid for a game then decided i dont like it after a week.

M

moo_work

excuse me?
tribes 2 was brilliant! just a shame no one played it

fucking ownage game

and planetside is basicly tribes 2 taken to the next level and given a big money backer (sony)

E

ECA

Tribes 2 was focking shite.

The map size meant any workable attempts at a decent clan were neigh on impossible and the game was so bugged for the first 6 months.

In fact Base is still shit only the classic mods and a couple of the variations are any fun.

Tribes 1 ALL THE WAY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing more fun than capping with a bunch of chasers on your ass chisselling your hp whilst you dance around their bullets :-]

W

Will

Tribes 2 was far better than Tribes, the only problem was that no one played it because it came with a free uber-leet crowd of Tribes players who called you a n00b even though the game had been out for about a month. Though it was pretty buggy at lauch, I have to admit that.

No free trial I'm afraid, though the first month is included in the purchase price.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Will.
Tribes 2 was far better than Tribes, the only problem was that no one played it because it came with a free uber-leet crowd of Tribes players who called you a n00b even though the game had been out for about a month. Though it was pretty buggy at lauch, I have to admit that.

No free trial I'm afraid, though the first month is included in the purchase price.

Sorry for expecting the sequel to be anything like the original in anything other than similar guns.

T2 was an *ok* game if it hadn't have been carrying the Tribes banner.

Sadly it was, so the result was all the Tribes players buying it and realising it was a turdified version of their beloved game.

U

Uriron

Never played tribes (1) so can't compare but I love tribes 2 just for the way you can alter your role as you play to suit your style or the enemies attack strategies. Planetside also demonstrates similar plus points (for obvious reasons - D.G)

Look at the current multiplayer games with timed rounds ie UT2003 / BF1942 (yes there are many more) and look at how long ago tribes 2 came out. I still think tribes 2 with a full server and a decent map beats them both for sheer breadth of gaming experience (the highs of a well organised defence / the lows of getting the flag back to base and seeing your flag leaving at high speed). Wheras UT leaves you cold if you aren't a twitch gamer and BF can turn into a repetitive bore.

Tribes 2 deserved a higher uptake of players but the lag for 56kers and quite high spec requirements (at the time) killed it on release. By the time connections / netcode had improved and typical machine specs had improved most people had moved on to RTCW / MOH etc..

Can't see it leaving my top 10 games list for a long time.

L

leggy

Its a decent enough game ECA but imo it is buggy as hell and it doesnt run well on a ninja pc.

I hear crys of "turn gfx settings down!1!" but in the end I like to see the area around me. Not a white sky and the occasional tree.

Users who are viewing this thread