Hmmm

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Is this the right forum to gloat about my Nildram 2mb 20:1 pro connection?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
The "slowest" connection is 3.3 mbit over here (Belgium) :p

Will

/bin/su
Doesn't look like it, does it?

My elite 56k connection pwns j00 n00bs etc etc rolf!!!!!one!!22!

Bah.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
The Italians have it even better. They can get 10 mbit LAN connections. (fibre to the building)
If one of those guys starts uploading to my server my modem rolls over and dies :(

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
GET OUT! This is a BRITISH forum. Now.

..lol ;)

Fair played on the 2 meg :worthy: ... does it run like hot snot out of a chrome nostral?
:eek2:

How much too?

Will

/bin/su
tRoG said:
Oh, and Will.... HarrrR! Rarrarar! My 64k > y00.
Well, I've got a free 1Mb connection at my house. Shame I don't live there, just keep my stuff there. And I can't persuade the gf to get broadband.

Though I'm not so sure I even need it any more...

fatbusinessman

Fledgling Freddie
This is one of the nice things about being at University.

I have a 10 megabit connection piped directly to my room :D

(I could get a 100 megabit one, but that costs extra and I probably wouldn't use it)

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
It costs me £78 pcm tho :s

But yeah, it flies like shit off of a shovel.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Will said:
Well, I've got a free 1Mb connection at my house. Shame I don't live there, just keep my stuff there. And I can't persuade the gf to get broadband.

Though I'm not so sure I even need it any more...

FREAK !!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave now :eek:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Doomy said:
It costs me £78 pcm tho :s

But yeah, it flies like shit off of a shovel.
Fucking hell, I'm only paying 44 for my 2mbit DSL. Granted, it's 50:1 but that doesn't really affect it much.

babs

Can't get enough of FH
There are 2mbit residential wholesale products coming later this year, in the same way the 1mbit came around not so long ago. The wholesale cost of £38 +vat means we should see £50-£60 retail packages.

Nildram do bonded DSL now (Andrews & Arnold do it too), for a tenner more a month you could bond 2 1mbit res lines together and get 1Mbit upload too.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
babs said:
There are 2mbit residential wholesale products coming later this year, in the same way the 1mbit came around not so long ago. The wholesale cost of £38 +vat means we should see £50-£60 retail packages.

Nildram do bonded DSL now (Andrews & Arnold do it too), for a tenner more a month you could bond 2 1mbit res lines together and get 1Mbit upload too.

No it's 1mb upload for 4 bonded lines. In theory you can get 900 odd mb upload off 2 lines but youd need an option 1 or maybe an option 2 exchange and probably unbundled which only bulldog and easynet offer (at least in london) And as far as i'm aware bulldog aren't supplying bonded lines atm although they are testing them for business customers.

And depending on how they do the bonding you might have to shell out for a meaty 1k plus price router. And the cost won't be worth is at 67 quid per line per month you're looking at 278 a month + vat.

My girlfriends company are currently trialing bonded SDSL lines which are great apart from the cost.....

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Yes yaruar, I got confused with it being so early ;)

At first I was pricing up 4 512k lines, then saw 2 1mbits were cheaper and forgot to edit what I'd written.

Nurse...my pills please.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Students with phat pipe broadband and then complain about student fees...

Pffft...they should pay the whole lot without being subsidised

Clown

Part of the furniture
Great... You're paying stupid money for a connection that limits you to 150GB a month... the upload speed is still crap and the extra bandwidth wouldn't even help your ping in gamings.

Gr8 m8.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
No i did pick the PRO package which is unlimited. 2 meg line with 150GB cap and my usenet abuse? That would be gr8 m8.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Am i not allowed to use some of my 'OK' disposable income on something i use every hour of the day even when im at work? :kissit:

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Doomy said:
Am i not allowed to use some of my 'OK' disposable income on something i use every hour of the day even when im at work? :kissit:

You spend your money on whatever you like, I do.

Still think you're a git though :)

1mb suits me, can't really justify more bandwidth.

In terms of gaming pings my history for CS:

56k - 150
128k ISDN - 70
Zen ADSL 512 - 50
Zen ADSL 1mb - 20/30

Not sure why the adsl upgrade had an impact, it shouldn't, but it did. Maybe I'm being routed differently, dunno, don't care. What I can do though is download and play with little/no impact on pings, this is good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom