Hmmm, Midgard doesn't seem like its a very nice place these days...what happened?

Solid

Fledgling Freddie
Judging by some of the threads on this board, Midgard seems to have caught Alb Syndrome and the mass in-fighting, selfishness and arrogance seems to be displayed en masse.

What gives? what happened to the good old Prydwen Community Spirit that existed in the past?

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
Solid said:
Judging by some of the threads on this board, Midgard seems to have caught Alb Syndrome and the mass in-fighting, selfishness and arrogance seems to be displayed en masse.

What gives? what happened to the good old Prydwen Community Spirit that existed in the past?

The game got older.

tasaroca

Loyal Freddie
ya solid not nice to c is it ;( but if u notice most of this bad feeling is directed to and from mostly 1 guild BO not much different from what it used to be like with EO oh look almost identical name oh look almost identical members list lol ;p

Brite

Banned
dont go blaming BO they have done a lot for the realm

blame everlast imo

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:

Yeah - they are such nice, unselfish people lol.

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
tasaroca said:
ya solid not nice to c is it ;( but if u notice most of this bad feeling is directed to and from mostly 1 guild BO not much different from what it used to be like with EO oh look almost identical name oh look almost identical members list lol ;p

yeah, BO fucks all of midgard up, you are so right...and obviously clueless. You let single persons reflect on your judgement of the whole guild

but lets turn this into another BO whine thread, can we take savages, infils and dragonfang in another thread please, seems to be fotm as well

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
tasaroca said:

Active members atm

Foadon
Aldrick
Chronicle
Vorges
Reebs
Freydianna
Baduska
Makwaerk
Fatality
Delg
Azurat
And a few others who are becoming active

Afaik only delg and azurat have been part of EoO, and they havent been involved at all in these last days troubles

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Glyph said:
yeah, BO fucks all of midgard up, you are so right...and obviously clueless. You let single persons reflect on your judgement of the whole guild

but lets turn this into another BO whine thread, can we take savages, infils and dragonfang in another thread please, seems to be fotm as well

Would you consider yourself a ripe apple in that rotten orchard?

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Rotten orchard?, BO got a new leader, we havent really had a chance to make up for the bads we did in the past....well what some peple consider as bads.
It was a very unlucky situation with the TG thing, I can only agree on that, but we've moved back to prydwen 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing but whine from both hibs, albs and mids, although we've barely done anything PvE'ish except for TG 2 days

We do deserve some flame because of the tg incident, not near 11 pages though, and Im glad i still see people sticking up for us, must prove we do something right.

Its just stupid that half the thread these days turn into BO whine threads, and I think we try as good as possible not to whine back, although we could find alot of whine to start up.

This is basicly the same which happend to SoTL on alb, ppl whined some much about them, for no obvious reason really, except jealously and a few bad incidents, which im sure almost all guilds have tried or suffered from

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Glyph said:
Rotten orchard?, BO got a new leader, we havent really had a chance to make up for the bads we did in the past....well what some peple consider as bads.
It was a very unlucky situation with the TG thing, I can only agree on that, but we've moved back to prydwen 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing but whine from both hibs, albs and mids, although we've barely done anything PvE'ish except for TG 2 days

We do deserve some flame because of the tg incident, not near 11 pages though, and Im glad i still see people sticking up for us, must prove we do something right.

Its just stupid that half the thread these days turn into BO whine threads, and I think we try as good as possible not to whine back, although we could find alot of whine to start up.

This is basicly the same which happend to SoTL on alb, ppl whined some much about them, for no obvious reason really, except jealously and a few bad incidents, which im sure almost all guilds have tried or suffered from

Its good that you try to sort things out - but the only experiences ive ever had with BO have been bad ones. I think thats more at the root of your problem and not that people just whine for the sake of it. The TG incident is just another example in a great tradition which was started off by Japseye of Odin. If you dont want a rep - get rid of the w@nkers.

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Fink said:
Its good that you try to sort things out - but the only experiences ive ever had with BO have been bad ones. I think thats more at the root of your problem and not that people just whine for the sake of it. The TG incident is just another example in a great tradition which was started off by Japseye of Odin. If you dont want a rep - get rid of the w@nkers.

Please inlight me on the numorous of bad incidents, just to give an example so i can tell our GM this stuff.

And we still got nothing to do with EoO, so why keep mentioning them?, maelstrom is prolly the guild with most EoO in

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
BO have done a lot for the realm RvR wise. Really well balanced groups and skilled high RR players. Our only defense against the unskilled zerg that is albion.

I think people slag them off because of past dealings with certain members. There used to be this atmosphere of we are l33t dont even talk to us around them. I think that pissed people off. As I say though it was only a few of the members but it tars the guild with the same brush.

I think people should wipe the slate clean tbh, its a new look line up and a couple of the lamers they had are inactive or have 'retired'.

So I'd like to say good luck and lets get midgard back to what it was.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: <--- Jordheim Pub

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:
blame everlast imo
/sarcasm on

Ye we bad! We welly bad !!1

/sarcasm off

Care to enlighten me about ur weird assumptions ? Please do in PM if u feel embarassed or something.

Reebs

Loyal Freddie
I was in EoO to. But I feel alot of the "I want to be in BO but t I am afraid to apply for membership"

but is ok, not like it is something unusual that people get jealous for walking around wanting to be in the guild that has fun and kick ass in rvr.

one more thing..Prudil's buffbot is guilty of all the evil things in the realm

blejs

Loyal Freddie
tasaroca said:

fun to notice ppl that dont know shit tbh.

First of all it was Eye Of Odin, and now Bad Omen.
Similiar names? And members list?
Maelstrom/Everlast/ and i belive atleast was Onslaught, most old EoO members ended up at.

And now EoO was a bad guild to? Lol tbh, we had first of all a group of ppl that always did rvr in odins when others didnt really, and i wonder what guild did have ppl that did organise most raids also. From what i remember that did organise relic raids mostly on the old days since u speak about EoO, it was mainly me and azal some and durgi and bloody/baduska (GM/BO) to.

So tasa, what have u done for the realm except follow others?
Ofc ppl that "follow" are alot needed to, but what is needed to get some stuff rolling is always a leader.

Blain

Fledgling Freddie
Just as a point on the few occasions I tried to "DO" something for the realm, I got the "STFU NOOB" beatdown from the "LEET" members of our realm, it only takes a few of these occurences to stop people wanting to put their neck out for the realm.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:

blame everlast imo

And what have we done to put this realm in a bad state other then to fix 3 out of 4 last RR ?

Fink

One of Freddy's beloved
Reebs said:
but is ok, not like it is something unusual that people get jealous for walking around wanting to be in the guild that has fun and kick ass in rvr.

lol too funny...but thanks for proving my point.

Durgi

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, as a middie everyone loves too hate I'll chuck my 10 plats worth in. Firstly, as a old member of EoO, i'll defy anyone too try and tarnish that guilds name. It was beyond doubt the finest guild our realm ever had. Secondly, Solid is right theres far too much self, far too much in fighting going on. Its not just guilds like BO, Everlast, Maelstrom, Animus the so called Elite rvr guilds that are problem but the others as well. At times watching and listenign too people whine and natter about this and that I feel like a kindergarden teacher sat watchign his/her class room squabble over who gets too use the red paint pot first. Yes poeple will farm for items and they always will.. when Raum first got itemised, Blej lead countless raid day after day.. mostly consisting of eoo members, but everyone was welcomed. Had it not been for his initive too do so bugger all would have happened. I'm truely and utterly beyond hope for midgard of late. They few who take the initive get hard pressed. Belorfyn everytime he organises keep raids in Alb is constantly pressured into trying too attempt Relic Raids, by people who can be referred to in one word reasonably well.... 'Sheep'. There all willing too load the gun for someone else too fire, but none of them are willing to fire it themselves.

Yes Midgard is a poor state of affairs.. no leadership.. little love or trust between must of its guilds. Is this going too get fixed by bitchign and whining at each other like school kids.. hell no.

Tarnishing entire guilds for the actions of a few is appauling. yes from a personal view point I've seen actions from all the guilds that appaulled me. However, these actions are usually the response of a few people.. runnign round farming rp in emain when relic keeps are being attacked etc, for someone who defends relics as passionately as me thats a major sin. The 2 occasions I've been online and not suicided dropped whatever i was doing too defend relic were in the middle of the last Winter Festival that i had spent a month organising, and when I was leveling in Spindelhalla, and in spend i still co-ordinated the defence via the cg. But do i judge the entire guidls who didn't defend no. Take the new BO leadership, Bloody/Baduska.. Bloody as carried more rams, organised the avilability of more rams, made that long treck too Excalibur and countless relic keeps with me more than any midgardian.. theres BO new management for you. Blej, Azal, Bloody and I co-ordinated countless relic raids which covers blej.. the old eeo and BO gm.

Everlast. Zapsi one of midgards quiet and old school hero's he plugs away day after day, and of late has been responsible for many offensive movements from midgard.. GM of Everlast. Because these people are in the rvr guilds whom most dislike, for various reason spanning from jealousy too interactions with rotten apples does nto warrant the abuse they have been recieving. Instead of hassling them, as Glyph said give them the opportunity too make right some of the past wrongs.. as personally most of them are a damn sight more entitled too call themselves a Midgardian than those questioning their loyalties.

In fact I'll do it on your behalf, I loaded the gun, I've got the balls too fire it.

BO, Everlast, and just about everyone whose being cast in a ill light, are you prepared too prove me right, and start the rebuild Midgard so desperately needs? Seems bridges need too be mended, or tbh from the mouthiest smurf in the realm we're going too always be on the wrong end of albion. I challenge the whiners too put past grievences aside and also come half way, and instead of widening the rift thats threatening to ruin Midgard fix it!

Rant over.

D.

:flame: :flame: :flame: :drink:

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm wonder alott this thread.
in my eyes its good we have BO and everlast here, even want some more heavy rvr guilds.

these have dont harm me anyway in game, and if they do? i solve my problems whit them direct and dont come here immediatly whine.

i am not defending because wanna join BO or everlast, both guild has enough old Kalevala members and can say hi to them if need, but same time can open my mouth and say some hard words.

respect most players in these guilds and hope they respect us.

Brite

Banned
lets keep it plain and simple

Everlast don't give a shit about Midgard, or anyone in it.

They give a shit about themselves and there RPs.

You expect a couple of relic raids organised to win people over ? where you refer to the majority of the people in midgard as "the zerg", which is nice and all the "leet" guilds by name. Dont us non "leet" people count ?

I have seen you run over the top of dead mids countless times and have never seen you rezz.... wait i tell a lie, once you so very kindly rezzed our zerker so he could rezz the rest of us ? yeh thanks

Give me a reason to change my opinion...

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
Was about to type something in reply to brites lovely comment, but after Durgis post I'm not. I've known Durgi for a long time and I know that he's allways doing the good thing, atleast almost allways ;)

When I came back to the game a few months ago, I was levelling in DF and accidently damaged a mob that Brite had pulled. I've never got so much hatred back from a person, especially someone who I never had talked to. It was all because I was in Everlast. At that point I wondered what had happend since I know almost everyone in Everlast since long ago and I would very much doubt that anyone of these would do something that bad and creata such a reputation. I don't know where this anger comes from and I'm almost sure most of the people hate guilds like "us" (if I may say so) don't know either.

EDIT: ps. Durgi was the best scout for out realm even at lvl 25 :)
Long time ago in EoO, those were the times.

Zorin

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:

You expect a couple of relic raids organised to win people over ? where you refer to the majority of the people in midgard as "the zerg", which is nice and all the "leet" guilds by name. Dont us non "leet" people count ?

I have seen you run over the top of dead mids countless times and have never seen you rezz.... wait i tell a lie, once you so very kindly rezzed our zerker so he could rezz the rest of us ? yeh thanks

I have never seen this happen intentionally.
Do you have any proof at all of this happening "countless times"?

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Brite said:
Sure be my guest...kid :)

Brite said:
Im sorry to say but ur wrong kid :(

Brite said:
Again, ur mistaken kid :(

Brite said:
We have done our fair share of realm offence/defence...and u know it....kid.

Brite said:
I rez 20-30 people each night thank u very much, If we run past dead bodies we check to see if its safe or go somewhere safe to get pow. Is that so hard to understand... kid?

Brite said:
Open ur eyes and stop beeing such a grumpy lill....kid!

Krill

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Solid, to be honest it's not that different to some times in our past. You'll remember some of the times when power-gaming guilds were not liked and it's another version of the same thing. It is a bit more intense as the emergence of opted groups and 'perfect' specs has increased the gap between those squeezing every last drop of advantage out of things and those taking it a bit easier. I don't go to Emain hardly at all so maybe if you go to Emain a lot then it's going to feel this is a lot worse as you'll see it a lot. The notion of 'adding' emerged as well, as in don't 'add' to fg fights; it's something that causes a lot of controversy and I've seen the 'fo roleplayers' said far too much when some of us have seen a fight and gone in to kill enemies and that in our own frontiers.

The famous 4 of Durgi, Azal, Blejs and Bloody have been very important but Roo seems to me to have been the key person for some time now. Durgi, Azal and Blejs have all been figures who, for right or wrong reasons, have been at the centre of realm-level controversy, Roo's magic has been to do it all without causing such anger (not that I've seen anyway). So I'd even say the last 6-9 months has seen some things work better than they have at times in the past.

The present moment is also a little heated. Remember when Spindelhalla's drop rate was going to be changed (nerfed) and the days before Spindel was even more hellish than it was normally? It's kind of like that except it's an epic dungeon and causing more grief. Until recently the civilised posting of dates and requesting, politely, for people not to go there ahead of a big event, has worked.

PS Oh it seems haveing been a member of EOO helps, I was a member of EOO once. And I was once asked to rejoin EOO.

Zapsi

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:

Sorry u fell this way but Iam sure we do our part of defending runing wood to doors fix dragon raids take keeps U name it.

Back to the old discussion about ressing.
1 I am leading with my healer and have 40 % power, NO I am not gonna stand amg and rez. U want me to sit down in emain wait till i have power back and risk to get jumped ?
2, U pm me plz rez atk, sorry not going there to rez.

We run around trying to get nice fights fg v fg if is possible, this does not mean we dont play for midgaard, just means we dont like to run 10fg ,join a cg for defence and listen to a member of your guild sitting in raumarik yelling :buying TG stuff !

I am sure u have done alot for midgard and I am even more sure midgard will be better off without the rvr guilds.

I think the rvr guilds have learned to interact with the rest very well, but it's damm hard to keep it up with fools like u that do nothing then QQ over us, coz we dont wanna play like u do.

Use the RvR guilds for what they do best and dont ask them to join a cg to camp amg for no reason, or to defend a keep 4 hours with a melee setup that can do nothing that is fun inside.

When i make a raid i tell each GM what i need from his guild nothing more nothing less, same way Roo asked Pwned to take renaris the other day, didnt ask why just when.

brite or not so brite
dont change u opinion, I have given up long ago with u.
There is so much work done behind the scene,u got no clue what we are doing, try ask around Durgi Roo Zaksoth dwera meddic and others and maybe U find out how much work we put into the realm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom