Hmm

Zodiac

Fledgling Freddie
Why is there so many QQ'ing about NF? Lol bed most haven't tried it, or like the run to emain sooo much!

Btw hi all :p

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Zodiac said:
Why is there so many QQ'ing about NF? Lol bed most haven't tried it, or like the run to emain sooo much!

Btw hi all :p
more zerging, more keep(roleplaying)taking, want me to go on ?

/Minau

vintervargen

Banned
nah i think excalibur will be fine, rvr guilds that want fg fights will find places to have that, while the more casual rvr'ers also will have an easy way to access rvr without getting chain-owned by the previous FG's.

Lethania

Fledgling Freddie
And on EU we are not very Keep taking ppl, dont think ppl will take to much keeps after a while since keep taking IS booring, that isn't what I think Excal ppl wanna spend their times on :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
vintervargen said:
nah i think excalibur will be fine, rvr guilds that want fg fights will find places to have that, while the more casual rvr'ers also will have an easy way to access rvr without getting chain-owned by the previous FG's.
true that, besides fg people can see where a zerg is by using the ingame "radar" and avoid the areas

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
The problem in NF for the US servers was pretty simple. There are a ton of servers, most of them are fairly low population now after almost 3 years of DaoC, people move on its a simple fact. We all know with the exception of one server in US, Albion have the biggest playermass of all where half of those players are casual players that mostly stick to PvE instead of trying to get RvR groups going (I know cause I was one of them when I played Albion way back when I started out). NF made RvR alot more accessible to these players, leading to huge zergs from that one realm, causing the other realms to grow tired of being zerged time after time.

This lead to the regular high RR RvR people being more and more tired of not finding regular low RR groups to mowe over, and they started to take breaks. When someone from a regular team takes breaks ( -> introduce the first whines for NF), the rest will either quit or move to another server (hello Lancelot, Merlin and Guinevere), and the smaller servers will be utterly deserted with the exception of casual albions still porting to and from, taking all the keeps and taking all the relics and keeping DF all the time. This leads to the more casual mids and hibs to be tired of never having access to DF and never having relics, and having to do futile attempts to take back some of it from the masses of albion -> Introduce more whining about NF.

NF as a whole seems very nice, I didnt get to play more than a few times since I moved to Euro just a couple weeks before they released NF in the states, but there will be a period in Euro the first 1-2 months where keeptakes takes all the time, and there will be huge zergs since everything is alot more accessible, even to those that never got groups before NF came. If you are interested in group vs group combat, what you have to do is endure that period until the regular PvE people go back to PvE, and the worst zergs die down. Feedback from US players (friends of mine) is that there is alot of fun to be had, 1 group vs 1-2-3 groups if only you can stand being zerged now and then. However, you mostly ALWAYS get zerged at keeps or towers, so if you just hit and run and stay away from the general mostly populated areas, it will still be good.

In Euro we have only 2 open servers for english speaking as far as I can see, so this means people dont have alot of options where to run to. I dont fear desertion of any of the servers here in Euro before the game dies down totally.

Disclaimer: This is not a whine about albion or zergs, its only normal in the spirit of the game that most casual players will start out in Albion (Dark Age of CAMELOT, holy knights and so on), and this leads to a larger population. I personally started in Albion for that same reason and I bet some of you can also say the same.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Such A Thread M9z!!!!!! Take Screenshot And Save When U Feel U Need Useful Thread!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Like ppl have hinted at already the main prob with NF isnt lack of good fg vs good fg its lack of easy fgs to farm for the so called GANK groups.True fg vs fg ppl will find out of way zones and be ok but im afraid fgs that just wanna farm easy rps are just gonna have to QQ a lot and quit :flame:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Talivar said:
Like ppl have hinted at already the main prob with NF isnt lack of good fg vs good fg its lack of easy fgs to farm for the so called GANK groups.True fg vs fg ppl will find out of way zones and be ok but im afraid fgs that just wanna farm easy rps are just gonna have to QQ a lot and quit :flame:

or they have to learn to kill zergs :p its possible, and when it happends they get lots a rps :D

Kiiz

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
The problem in NF for the US servers was pretty simple. There are a ton of servers, most of them are fairly low population now after almost 3 years of DaoC, people move on its a simple fact. We all know with the exception of one server in US, Albion have the biggest playermass of all where half of those players are casual players that mostly stick to PvE instead of trying to get RvR groups going (I know cause I was one of them when I played Albion way back when I started out). NF made RvR alot more accessible to these players, leading to huge zergs from that one realm, causing the other realms to grow tired of being zerged time after time.

i didnt bother to read it all but this part is LIES! take GoL as one example :touch: <-- like it very much

jayjay67

Fledgling Freddie
There is no problems at all with NF.

The actual frontiers look excellent, easier to get access to frontiers to all people.

RvR in NF is no different at all to now except keep takes are now a REALM activity and not just the pathetic grp grab a keep rubbish.

The usual frontier roaming battles between solo's part groups and full groups will still occur and does still occur.

But when it comes to taking keeps then youhave to organise the realm instead of a group or two.

All the leet kiddies are gonna have to start learning manners and stop ignoring the "little people".

The actual mechanics and looks of NF make RvR fun for ALL not just thefew.

Also PvE in the frontiers becomes a lot easier and more profitable because some of the areas involved are difficult to access for invaders.

All in all there is no change at all involved with NF that makes gameplay worse for anyone, except the uber leet kiddie QQers who are gonna whine because if they want to take keeps, grab DF etc they will have to be nice to a bigger set of people in order to make it happen.

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
So Kiiz, care to elaborate as to where the lie in that section is? And if you would bother reading it all you would perhaps understand what I wrote aswell.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Main problem with NF is the kind of players playing DAoC 2-3 years ago (the co-operation, playing as a realm mentality) would have loved it ....the current crop of players twisted by ToA (the i want, i want, mememe, wtfpwn everything, screw the rest of you mentality) will loath it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom