Hmm would you change someone?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Got sent home from work sick today so did what most girls (some guys too) would do when feeling horrible...curled up on the sofa with a cup of tea and a disney dvd.

The film in question was beauty and the beast and it set me thinking; if you met someone you reallly liked and they were, oh I don't know, say for example under some magical enchantment turned into a beast...would you care, I mean would you strive to get them turned back into what they would normally look like or would that be part of their charm for you that they are not perfect but the imperfection actually makes them more special?

The reason I got thinking about this was what if you actually perferred the guy as the beast rather than the prince (no I'm not some kind of pervert...ok I am but not in that way!) and it kind of struck me as something that really really bugs me when people give up or risk something really good for something that 'might' be better, I really hate that!

Anyway, who knew disney could trigger a moral dilemma, well not so much a dilemma for me I'd be happy with what I got, but for some people they could be all confused and torn etc, what would you do?...eugh I feel crap I want macaroni cheese :(

Ezteq

Queen of OT
LOL! Well tbh neither would I intentionally, I think the question was would you change someone you like even though that might result in you not feeling the same about them when they have changed?

Calo

Part of the furniture
Got sent home from work sick today so did what most girls (some guys too) would do when feeling horrible...curled up on the sofa with a cup of tea and a disney dvd.

The film in question was beauty and the beast and it set me thinking; if you met someone you reallly liked and they were, oh I don't know, say for example under some magical enchantment turned into a beast...would you care, I mean would you strive to get them turned back into what they would normally look like or would that be part of their charm for you that they are not perfect but the imperfection actually makes them more special?

The reason I got thinking about this was what if you actually perferred the guy as the beast rather than the prince (no I'm not some kind of pervert...ok I am but not in that way!) and it kind of struck me as something that really really bugs me when people give up or risk something really good for something that 'might' be better, I really hate that!

Anyway, who knew disney could trigger a moral dilemma, well not so much a dilemma for me I'd be happy with what I got, but for some people they could be all confused and torn etc, what would you do?...eugh I feel crap I want macaroni cheese :(

Aren't you together with a lion? :drink:

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
would you change someone you like even though that might result in you not feeling the same about them when they have changed?

No I don't think so. There is plenty about my girlfriend that I often wish was different but I fell for all of her not just the "best" parts.

The thing with this is though, if the person was changed, wouldn't it be fair to try to get back the person you first loved? without seeming shallow?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ah no there is a condition that when you change them or they change that's it, it's unreversable! Otherwise there is no real dilemma...other than admitting you want them to change in the first place.

I do think that Cho has a very important point though. Dogging always counts Oo

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I guess it also depend on what the other person (i.e. beast) wants. If he is happy the way he is, then you shouldn´t try to change anything, regardless of how you feel about it.
Apart from that, it´s the good old dilemma... modesty and contentment vs. longing for perfection. Both sides have their pro´s and con´s, depending on the area in question.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
well for me I would say no I wouldn't, merely because if I thought I'd have to make changes to someone than that person wouldn't be just be for me. Now obviously I would say I wished that an ex-girlfriend wouldve been different in some way, but I don't over think it merely because she wouldn't be my ex if something wasn't wrong. I'm not one to over think things anymore since I had some changes in my life, and I generally try to be more confident in everything that I do in life.
Atleast I don't have dilemmas like this anymore because before I would have stuck and never twisted which is something I never want to do again.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I guess it;s always in the back of your mind when you meet someone new, it's natural to judge and weigh a person up based on looks - you can't fight your natural instincts here. But if you love someone you love them, and so you look past flaws, and forget them with time.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I But if you love someone you love them, and so you look past flaws, and forget them with time.

I actually remember watching a documentary once that mentioned a scientific study that showed that as you fall for someone they actually start to look more and more attractive to you.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Its all the perfections AND the imperfections of a person what makes him desiderable in your eyes.
Changing one of those would affect your perception of said person, BUT not necesarily for better.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
I guess it;s always in the back of your mind when you meet someone new, it's natural to judge and weigh a person up based on looks - you can't fight your natural instincts here. But if you love someone you love them, and so you look past flaws, and forget them with time.

totally agree with ya.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
2010. A year to remember....

not :(

ah fuck it, it's almost over now and I bet it wasn't all bad tbh I seem to recall you posting about having some good times over the past year.

Buck up old boy, break your ankle and it's easier to remember the pain of the moment rather than the fact you were dancing before it happened and all the nice people who helped to pick you up afterwards.

xomer

Can't get enough of FH
btw i am lucky that i have a very beautifull gf (at least for me) with a very good character etc. I am thinking that if she ever have a very serious accident, i'll love her more and more even if her face/body wouldn't be in the same condition as before.

but that's 100% indeed/sure ?

Aph3x

Part of the furniture
No I wouldnt change anything, theres a reason you got with that person in the first place, why would you try to change it into something else?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Is Dukat that ugly? ;)

rofl no piss off, he's lovely *swoon* anyway...*ahem* as I said at the beginning this thread was inspired by a disney film not real life events, any similarity is purely coincidental.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i have had people try to change me but i am extremely stubborn so the more i am pushed the harder i push back

but i am not a beast... well at least not when i shave regularly ( i was once called Jo Jo the Dogfaced boy when i attempted to grow a bum-fluffesque beard)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Im incredibly lazy i prefer to go with someon i like and not what i can change them into. If you like them for what they are in the beginning then you know you dont have to change anything. Thats the theory anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom