B

Brunore

=======================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Camelot 1.55a Test Release Notes

Friday, November 15, 2002

=======================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- More support is now in the original Camelot client to view the new expansion weapon types and their requisite animations.

- We have made it so you can no longer duel in cities. Peace has once again been restored to crafters.

RVR CHANGES

- We have made it so you can gain experience points for engaging in RvR and killing, or helping to kill, enemies. You will not lose experience when you die, but when you kill an enemy, you will now be awarded "normal" (i.e. as if the enemy was a monster, based on level) experience for the kill. Thus if the player is blue to you, you will be given normal "blue" monster experience for the kill. Please note that we are experimenting with this on Pendragon - we may or may not decide to go live with it.

Good or bad?

R

Ragnarok1978

Good in the way it may encourage non-50s to go RvR some more.

Can't see anything bad about it, except maybe that most who RvR are 50 already :)

M

~Mobius~

The xp is really gonna suck unless you get a lowbie grp and manage to find some solo invaders, which you wont.

Its just like a good grp, but with a really slow xp rate...

B

Belsameth

nice perk. and gives an alternative to mob hunting.
and avoiding the main zerg, as that isn't where the XP will be

S

shani

I think it's a good thing. It gives people below lvl 50 also a reason to go out in the frontiers exp and RP's. Besides hitting a solo purp with a group of grey's should give some nice effects :)

B

Brunore

Originally posted by shani
Besides hitting a solo purp with a group of grey's should give some nice effects :)

Yeah, like "NERF!!1 greycons!!!1" posts on BW :D

S

stu

Pointless. Your kill rate on enemy realms is crap compared to what you would normally be doing at level 40 (eg chainpulling purple trows in Spindelhalla for mids)

D

Danya

Originally posted by shani
I think it's a good thing. It gives people below lvl 50 also a reason to go out in the frontiers exp and RP's. Besides hitting a solo purp with a group of grey's should give some nice effects :)
You'll get the same amount of XP as if you killed a purple mob. Only you can kill purple mobs about 50 times quicker. Also mobs aren't likely to wander over and kill your healers and casters.

N

Nonnier

Originally posted by stu
Pointless. Your kill rate on enemy realms is crap compared to what you would normally be doing at level 40 (eg chainpulling purple trows in Spindelhalla for mids)

most are red con :)

anyway, sounds like a nice idea, it might aslo bring a end to BG players aswell (not sure if thats a good thing)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Skrad
hehe, I wonder if you get a group bonus too?

Tanglers++ :)

Hrm you kill Nolby-Pride-Camp-Follower

You receive 245 realm points.
You receive 142,452,123 xp (3,451 Camp bonus) (130,341,312 Group bonus)

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by reinnon

anyway, sounds like a nice idea, it might aslo bring a end to BG players aswell (not sure if thats a good thing)

If it changes the BGs into an RvR training ground rather than a bg-professionals assassin playground then I'm all for it :)

Heck they might even go to the second or third battlegrounds!

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I like the idea of it... but...

Now it's realmpoint farming - after that patch it will be rp/xp farming.
Oh the humanity.:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom