Hmm... Slash or Thrust ...Scout

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Kind of a melee ish spec atm with 39slash, tho I'm a saracen, and my stats doesn't favour str based weaponary, been wondering, will I gain more dmg going thrust? tho I hear the styles have a low growth rate or something, but stats suit my race.

Atm, I do around 100-250 depending on armor type using a 3.6spd slasher.

To sum it up, which would overall be better melee dmg...

Slash, low str, but better styles.

or

Thrust, high dex, but worse styles(debaitable?)

Help ;P

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
does it actually matter what dmg type u go for anymore?

thought all stealthers were on legendary heat weps now for the leather bonus dmg?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
well i'd stick to slash, because amethyst slash has (very?) high to-hit bonus which is really what you need and next to that it's good dmg

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
I used to think a decent melee spec was important with my Scout, but I can't honestly remember the last time I had a 1v1 fight with an SB/NS or Hunter/Ranger. They seem to all come in 2s, 3s and 4s these days, so to be honest, I'd more or less forget all about a decent melee spec as you'll rarely get a chance to use it.

Stick 50 in bow, thats your main RP earner. After that, it doesn't really matter much anymore. Stealth is nice to have, though absolutely useless against your main enemies (i.e. assassins). Thrust has absolutely shite styles, and the higher WS doesn't make up for that, so I'd go slash, and have at least 29 in it for ame. As for shield, its effectiveness halves against duel wielders, which basically means everyone you ever fight against bar Hunters (but of course they get a pet which has the same effect of halving your block rate), so whether you stick 42 in it for slam (which you'll hardly land in RvR anyway) or just stick a few in for engage, its up to you.

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
50thrust
45bow
42shield
rest stealth... fur teh win ofc... DF!!!

its a fun spec.. i had it on my old scout...

thats my recommendation :D

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
A scout need to be able to take some melee of an opponent, simple as that.

The problem a scout has facing an assasin is not to hit, its evade.

Thrust : Better ws which helps on evade, better resist debuffs, just abouts
same growthrate on styles as slash, but defensive penalty on both sting and bearthooth (7 sec stun). That defensive penalty works the opposite as to hit
and will only count against you if no block or evade. Think best choice of weapons would be elemental here.

Slash : A bit lower ws, debuffs REALLY hurts, very good styles altho not
more damage than thrust, to hit bonus on AS only counts when you have passed evade and block and parry. Not sure of numbers, but would say to
hit bonus on AS dont count for more than 3-5 % xtra hits overall. Best choice
would probaly be malice/battler when facing sbs/hunters and a legen slash heat as backup when facing ns's.

Thats pro/con, atm im testing 2*elemental thrust (heat/cold) and is quite pleased with it. Its very hard to cap all, and being able to afford low str is a huge plus in making templates with toa bonuses. 75 str + 75 dex = 50 str + 100 dex when thrust, but later gives you more bow damage.

As to spec i think old one with 45 bow, 42 shield (yes slam still rox, get a small fast buckler who use less end and slam faster), 3x stealth to hit 50 and then rest melee is still the best spec. We dont have NF yet, so max bow specs not a good idea. Also forget about Battlemaster in this patch, Sojourner
is the way to go for all scouts because of Zephyr and Phaseshift.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
or you could just camp amg/mmg to rr10 like kinad & lathoniel. who needs melee when they never know what hit them!

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
This is the Albion forum katt, take your little remarks to RvR if you feel the need to make digs at players with much more experience and skill than yourself.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the posts, think might save up my coppers for couple respecs find out whats best for my play style :)

Kinad said:
yes slam still rox, get a small fast buckler who use less end and slam faster

Is there a difference between a small shield and a bucker in spds? (have no clue) ;P

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
This is the Albion forum katt, take your little remarks to RvR if you feel the need to make digs at players with much more experience and skill than yourself.

Katt got owned, owned like only a savage would be able to own someone.
Cause savages are balanced!
Regards, Glottis

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
Thanks for the posts, think might save up my coppers for couple respecs find out whats best for my play style :)

Is there a difference between a small shield and a bucker in spds? (have no clue) ;P

Yes some patches ago they introduced buckler which is faster than small
shield. A faster weapon uses less end pr swing, and since slam is not used for damage, it gives option to try stun faster for less end.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
Konah said:
does it actually matter what dmg type u go for anymore?

thought all stealthers were on legendary heat weps now for the leather bonus dmg?
he wasnt talking about the dmg type really think even if u use a heat weapon and specced slash it will be based on str

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Tootz said:
such skilled scouts aye

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
A scout should go for thrust imho. I used to play a saracen slash scout, and the numbers of evade was annoying. It felt like the evades did decrease after I switched to thrust, but Pin would know the correct answer.
It also felt as if I was able to land slam a lot more when specced as thrust.
But then again, being rr6 probably also helped.
Regards, Glottis

Show

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
A scout should go for thrust imho. I used to play a saracen slash scout, and the numbers of evade was annoying. It felt like the evades did decrease after I switched to thrust, but Pin would know the correct answer.
It also felt as if I was able to land slam a lot more when specced as thrust.
But then again, being rr6 probably also helped.
Regards, Glottis

ofcos it decreased when u got so much higher ws with thrust then u got with slash? :|

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Show said:
ofcos it decreased when u got so much higher ws with thrust then u got with slash? :|

Yeah, that is what I thought, but Pin tends to know these things 100% certain.
So he can tell us :p
Regards, Glottis

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
was slash for a long time. thrust took some getting used to. but id never go slash again, the evades were too much 7in a row ffs all the time. thrust and heat/cold forthesuckmymonkeyballsmos5rullesurassnowSB win.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
ok i've had around 4 or 5 different specs now 1 bow orientated, 4 meelee orientated. the 2 i played most :

A ) 50 slash 45 bow 35 stealth 8 shield
50 slash and good stre (318 saracen with 0 at creation) gave me around 1400 1450 wpnskill, can't remeber how much exactly. Was using malice and only spammed amy + dia as followup. Not debuffed : Hitting SB's for 200 -250 with ammyand 250-300 with diaslash. I didn't get evaded more then 1/10 of the times so that's fine for me imo.Great numbers yeah, now here's the catch, Debuffed : amy 100, dia 130-150 or so; and i was getting evaded like 1/2, and no way you can outmeelee someone this way.

B ) 45 bow 44 thrust 35 stelath 25 shield
430 dex and only 290 stre(still have to lvl some artis for this new thrust tempalte so stre will increase a lil bit more still) i have 1520 or 1523 wpnskill (can't remember exact and to lasy to log acc back on). I spam sting/Tranquillize/Wyvernfang wich all 3 hits for around 150-250.Debuffed it's something like 120-180. The dmg debuffed with spec A or B isn't what i'm gonna keep this spec for, but i'm able to keep landing my styles when debuffed as my wpnskill drops only a very little bit.

Now to find a solo sb equal rr to have a nice 1on1 to test my spec out a bit more. If it fails, i'm gonna try dropping stealth to a minimal and raise shield to go for slam.

Anyway, I'm back off to lvl my artis (and someone sell me gem of lost memories ffs :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom