Hmm...Sauron and Bush a bit alike...smartwise...

O

old.Tohtori

From a thread long long ago in a forum far far away:

The Dark Lord, Sauron, put so much of himself and his own power into the One Ring that if it was to be destroyed, Sauron himself would be destroyed too. We know that this is the case, since several wise beings have said that it is so.

When Sauron, in ancient times, was defeated by the Last Alliance of Elves and Men (catchy name, huh?), Isildur took the Ring, and when Sauron lost that, he lost almost all his power. Yet, he didn't die. For a long time, however, he thought that the Ring had been destroyed, and it was only centuries later -- when a certain Gollum creature first entered the land of Mordor -- that Sauron discovered that he had been wrong.

Now, why did Sauron think the Ring was destroyed? Wouldn't the little fact that he hadn't died himself have given him a clue that the Ring might still be intact?

SAURON: I will never rule the world, since the Elves have destroyed my Ring.

SERVANT: My Lord, for the umpteenth time, the Ring can't have been destroyed! You're still alive!

SAURON: ... My Ring is destroyed. Curse those Elves!

SERVANT: No, my Lord... You are still alive.

SAURON: What does that have to do with anything?

SERVANT: *sigh* Look, my Lord. You put so much of yourself into the Ring that you couldn't have survived its destruction, am I right?

SAURON: Yes.

SERVANT: But you HAVE survived, even if you have lost almost all your power, am I right?

SAURON: ...Yes.

SERVANT: So isn't it possible that the Ring might still be intact?

SAURON: ...

SERVANT: Well, isn't it?

SAURON: Uh, could you repeat that?

SERVANT: You are still alive.

SAURON: True.

SERVANT: And if the Ring had been destroyed, you would have been dead.

SAURON: True.

SERVANT: And therefore...?

SAURON: Therefore what?

SERVANT: Well, considering all the facts in this case... if you're not dead, what does that tell you?

SAURON: ...

SERVANT: ...

SAURON: That the Ring has been destroyed, and I'll never get it back.

SERVANT: Aaaaaaargh!
----------------------------------

Loved it myself :p

O

old.Tohtori

Ok...weird...

Double edit:Well..works now...i guess...

S

Sibanac

Tohtori, That reminds me of an average meeting with half the managers out here :)

D

dwindimir

Nice, but you copied that from Monty Python's Holy Grail (The scene with the idiot guard)

S

Sigurd

I believe Sauron thought the ring to be "lost forever" i.e still intact, but deep under the ocean, or something - where he could not find it.

S

Sharma

heh that was a good one, now what does this red button do..?

N

Novamir

thank god Tohtori, i thought you were gonna post that pic of bush with the ring on his finger! I had a whole bag of Olds with your name on it.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by dwindimir
Nice, but you copied that from Monty Python's Holy Grail (The scene with the idiot guard)

"From a thread long long ago in a forum far far away:"

and

"Loved it myself "

Guess what...not mine :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom