hmm, anyone else think this is decidedly odd

C

.cage

Played some guys in a clan match earlier, and before you presume, not CS. :) The other team had a clan they're known to associate with spectating us, who wouldn't leave... Anyone else think something's a tad odd with that? Roger Wilco perhaps?

(edit) - it wasn't a whole clan like, just the one guy

C

caLLous

spectating as in flying round the level telling their associates where your clan was around the map? that is decidedly odd and a half.

C

.cage

of course, nothing to 'prove' this... just, when we said "Isn't it a bit inappropriate to having someone who isn't part of either clan spectating" , the server suddenly exited.. "needed for other purposes" apparently.

N

Nozzer

It's a well known tactic of shit clans. You just have to kick any spectators.

S

Sar

Decidedly sus.

I intensely dislike having specs on the server even when praccying against another clan, especially if it's a member of the clan we're playing, because all clans (well all semi-serious clans at least) use voice-comms in their clan games.

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by Sar
Decidedly sus.

I intensely dislike having specs on the server even when praccying against another clan, especially if it's a member of the clan we're playing, because all clans (well all semi-serious clans at least) use voice-comms in their clan games.

I remember playing some random pe0nic clan called XPd once, and they did that for the team I was playing for. Hmm. :D

E

Embattle

I remember using VC once in AQ2. Makhno started talking and caused me to loose concentration and fall off the building :p

N

Nozzer

Makhno was a cunt though. Remember his rant about the laser sight being so poorly coded that only llamas used it?

Didn't he get kicked off his lovely Oxford JANET too, for doing nothing useful (presumably he just wrote rants about game code all day)

S

Sar

Originally posted by Wazzerphuk

I remember playing some random pe0nic clan called XPd once, and they did that for the team I was playing for. Hmm. :D

What that clan you're in?

Aye, the pe0n ratio went through the roof when you joined ffs :/

:D

S

]SK[

Im sure spec in matches isnt allowed in most leagues.

E

eliminator

All depends on whether you require a ref to sit in the server, as refs usually occupy the spectator place.

But, yes they could easily relay back via rw to inform of tactics etc, which is not on, so if you havent got a ref for a particular match, disable spectators, if it isn't your server to fiddle with....hope they go away :D

I

inqy

If I am a spare player on a server on a practice I won't specifically give hints to where the enemy flag carrier is. Instead I will try to watch how the enemy plays and pick up tactics or look at what we are doing and think of better ways to improve etc.

No point cheating to win. It only makes you think you are better than you are anyway. When it comes to a real match you won't be able to (damn right too), so not a lot of point doing it in a practice.

That said I've nothing against other clans in friendly/practice having spare players on the server and cheating like has been said. It's up to them if they want to try to win like that.

S

Sawtooth

Intersesting stuff. I'm playing Q3 TDM on the Demonclans league (new clan :)
and they allow sub to relay quad timing etc as long as they are in coach mode. free-floating is def not de-rigour and is frowned on intensely.

Saw

I

inqy

well I think it's extremely handy in a learn how to improve tactics/ideas kind of way. But I can see how people/clans could easily cheat if they wanted.

D

Daffeh

Mahkno was at Oxford....well ya learn something new everyday

s'pose its the only place that does a degree in 'cuntism'

oh it that where u went Emb? :p

:clap: :clap: :clap:

T

throdgrain

mahkno in real life was an anarchist revolutionary who was betrayed by the trotskyites (if i remember correctly).
he used to use the black flag as his banner,something still done by anarchists today.
ideal name for someone who's at oxford i guess :)

D

Daffeh

hmm why do people always take nickname, which where people in the past, and stuff....cant they be original?

W

Wazzerphuk

Originally posted by Sar

What that clan you're in?

Aye, the pe0n ratio went through the roof when you joined ffs :/

:D

That'll be the one. Bunch of wankers.

C

.cage

Fuck no :) Although a clan mate is, I think it's his influence :)

Users who are viewing this thread