Hmm, another thought...

B

Brunore

Mr Someone walks in to a game shop...

New release, hmm, DAoC Shrouded Isle's, whats this about...

Buys it, takes it home...

Installs it...

Clicks on Registration...

Tries 6 or 7 times to register...

Takes game back to shop...

How many potential customers are they going to lose?...

I have seen more copies of SI addon and the DAoC+SI pack than I have ever seen before in the shops, I have seen adverts in magazines, people might actually be finding out about this game...

Then this happens...

Hmm...

O

old.LandShark

Absolutely none.

Mr. Someone, your run-of-the-mill daoc addict, walks into a shop and sees SI. He has been waiting for it for weeks so he buys it. He can't register but he doesn't take it back to the shop because, well, how many of us have taken/sent our copies of SI back because of this?
Not a man jack of us. None.

B

Brunore

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Absolutely none.

Mr. Someone, your run-of-the-mill daoc addict, walks into a shop and sees SI. He has been waiting for it for weeks so he buys it. He can't register but he doesn't take it back to the shop because, well, how many of us have taken/sent our copies of SI back because of this?

READ the post, Mr someone refers to the game as somethig new, i.e
New release, hmm, DAoC Shrouded Isle's, whats this about...

Its new to him, and possibly LOTS more people.

Hypothetical situation that could very well happen.

P

parisienscot

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Absolutely none.

Well this is true for the likes of us Landshark - we are addicted and they can abuse us all they like when they've just released a new expansion and we won't cancel - and they know it!

However one thing they don't seem to have thought about, and this is what Brunore is really referring to, are people who have just bought the DAOC game and SI all-in-one pack and have never played before.

They'll all be off down the shops on Saturday to get their money back / trade in for Asheron's Call 2 and we can kiss goodbye to a third English server.

B

Brunore

Originally posted by parisienscot

Well this is true for the likes of us Landshark - we are addicted and they can abuse us all they like when they've just released a new expansion and we won't cancel - and they know it!

However one thing they don't seem to have thought about, and this is what Brunore is really referring to, are people who have just bought the DAOC game and SI all-in-one pack and have never played before.

They'll all be off down the shops on Saturday to get their money back / trade in for Asheron's Call 2 and we can kiss goodbye to a third English server.

Spot on mate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom