Hmm ADvice please

W

wazmeister

Hi all

I just wanna note I only started to use these forums recently wish I started ages ago they rock, as a side note give me respect I am a subscriber :).
LOL

Anyway I am wanting to get into another MMORPG after playing UO too long.

Whats your thoughts on PlanetSide?
Now I know this is wrong place to ask as alot fan boys may say

"YEA MAN BEST THING SINCE I SAW MY MUM NAKED!!!"
"This game rocks go buy it!"

Can I have honest opinions please...
Also do they accept Switch card as a payment?
If not then forget I asked as I cant pay to play anyother way
LOL

S

SilverHood

Welcome to the forums :D

PS is very good.... though it's not everyones cup of tea :)

I found I couldn't play it for hours on end like other multiplayer games.... I got bored after a few hours play....

so I stopped subsribing... not that I have the money atm anyways :)

If you like FPS games with a twist... tanks, flying thingies, buggies, big guns, huge battles, then PS is prolly for you :)

It's shallow, but good fun...

not sure about Switch, mebbe someone else can answer that one :)

W

wazmeister

hehe

hmm if its got all that then why don't I carrie on playing BF1942 for free :)

Sounds like that but set in future....

J

Jupitus

The difference would be LOADS of enemies... more than even I can kill ;)

If you want to get into huge battles, and have a better connection than 56k (which is painful to use in the huge fights these days) then I'd give it a go :)

S

SilverHood

well, the game goes on, even if you're not there...
...one never-ending fight

ask the BF people for a comparison :)

I found the gameplay a lot better than BF myself ;)

W

wazmeister

ok ok

So.. this MMORPG is basicly

Jump in... grab a gun follow a few nutters an shot the shit outta other teams.

DO i train before I can battle?
Is itlike other MMORPG where I train to hit more lvls and get XP etc?

Also the switch thing.. its only thing i need to know to go click buy at play.com

S

SilverHood

well, you get xp for killing peopl.... and capping bases

you get a bit of xp for using each weapon and vehicle in the virtual reality training

then you grab a gun and start gunning away

the more you kill, the more skills you get

download the game here:

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/127374.shtml

its a 7 day free trial

if you like it, go buy the game :)

X

Xtro

1. It is NOT a MMO *R*P*G*. Its a MMOFPS, a shooter on a grand scale but just a shooter. Immediately put all memories of UO out of your mind, this is more like Tribes 1 and 2 but refined.

2. AFAIK you can't pay by Switch (usually Switch is only accepted in the UK). Credit card time I'm afraid - if someone knows another payment method maybe they can help.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

BF:1942 = 64 players max. Lag without end even on my machine + 1mbit pipe. 1337 CS kids who want to show their mad skillz for the most...

PS = hundreds of players. An astonishingly mature community (except for Jupitus... ho-hum;)).

:great:

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
PS = hundreds of players. An astonishingly mature community (except for Jupitus... ho-hum;)).

**Mumbles something about pots and kettles, people in glass houses and wonders why a rolling stone really doesnt gather any moss, none, bizarre**

M

mid_Efour

im 99% sure they do not accept (switch) like UO does. But im 99% sure they accept Visa Delta......

you get a free month if you buy the game and u can enter a fake CC number to activate it.

Its a dman good game but it really dosnt have the lasting appeal as UO, damn for 4 years my account was active. Now its gone all gay :)

i logged in yesterday and just quit instantly, im getting bored already :(

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by mid_Efour
Its a dman good game but it really dosnt have the lasting appeal as UO, damn for 4 years my account was active. Now its gone all gay :)

i logged in yesterday and just quit instantly, im getting bored already :(

Must admit i dont play much anymore, perhaps 2-3 hours a week tops.

It is a good game, but there is an issue with lastability as it doesnt have the depth of content of the other pay-to-play online games.

Y

Yoni

I play for at least a couple of hours a day - I have found that game play is alot better now people are reaching the higher brs - no longer focused on hunting xp. There are many more massive battles in the open on the bridges and in the hills. :clap:

C

Cdr

BF:1942 = 64 players max. Lag without end even on my machine + 1mbit pipe. 1337 CS kids who want to show their mad skillz for the most...

Hey!

BF aint that bad. Yes you get fools in BF, as you do in almost all online games.

And I'm sure if you looked hard enough (well, not even that hard) you'd find the same fools populating the PS servers.

Now, onto the question....

As a person thats played PS (and quit), it is good, and it is fun to watch 200+ people battle for a single base.

You get in an outfit with a bunch of people you know, and you're gonna have a good time.

It can however become very very tedious, waiting for the base caps etc - but like most things you make it as much fun as you want to. Personally I was quite happy to go around with hacking / stealth suit knifing people in the back etc - not really bothering about XP.

Like Xtro said, its not really comparable to UO or EQ. They are different types of games.

The only thing that slightly downgraded my experience was the constant crashing I was suffering (and its this that eventually lead me to quit - and not because its a shit game or anything).

I suggest downloading the 7-day trial, see what you think of it, if you dont like it, you've not lost anything!

Have fun!

T

Teh Krypt

I have to mention, you forgot me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom