Hltv

O

old.NazT

Is HLTV activated on the bwcsl league servers?

As i would like to be able to have my other clan m8s watch my team while we are playing.

If it isnt, are they any plans to make it available.

I believe it was available for at least part of last season.

R

RogueOne

HLTV proxies are run for most games for the purpose of taking demos. However, all proxies are run by the admins themselves and as a result, they normally aren't capable of taking spectators. There has never been any official HLTV support for matches.

In a few cases and with the agreement of both participating teams, we are able to set up HLTV proxy-chains for certain matches. This is where a couple of other admins connect HLTV proxies to the proxy that the admin of that match is running and then allow spectators on their proxy. Using this system, more than 20 people were able to watch the 6k/UKLA game, with a 2 minute delay.

In general, these proxy chains are not easy for us to set up and we only tend to offer them for vital matches. If you believe that there would be sufficient interest in one of your own team's matches to justify spectator proxies, speak to the other team to get their permission and then ask the head admin for your night at least one hour prior to your game.

S

S-Gray

Is it possible to set HLTV up on Servers created by Players? Like, if i created a Server for the Net, would i be able to setup HLTV so people could watch what goes on, while i aint there

R

RogueOne

HLTV can be run on any server, basically.

First of all, you need to set sv_proxies 1. This is generally done via rcon. Then you run hltv.exe in your \half-life directory and connect it to a the server as you would CS. Spectators can then connect to the proxy by connecting to its IP. The default port for HLTV proxies is 27020

O

old.NazT

Nice one m8 :)

To be honest i forgot i even asked this question till i saw it in the forum when i joined just then :D

Users who are viewing this thread