Hl windowed

O

old.Kez

Yus, for once I'm at a loss of knowledge (and lack of will to go trial and error ;))

I've discovered the joy of windowed D3D in UT - and now I want windowed d3d (or gl) in Hl - which is a bugger, because Hl being HL, the only way to window it is with console commands (that activate it, then they show up in the video display configuration screen :() anyhow...

the command for window'd mouse is _windowed_mouse ; which is fine. but the command for it in a window escapes me (_vid_default_mode_win "#" doesn't seem to effect it)

anyone offer me the commands? (or any other way)

A

Atomic Rammer

In case u're wondering, to get the new checkbox in vid modes menu that kez mentioned u have to run hl.exe -win

This is cool for mini-gl users coz before they could not alt tab back to the game from windows without crashing windows (hard reset i think needed). Downside is that u dont actually get to play the game in a window, just the menus using mini-gl

So now u can press escape and u go back to the hl menus in a window and use alt tab safely. Resume game puts it back into full screen. Yay. I can tamper with me binds files in game now :)

Kez, I cant quite work out what u're asking m8. The command for it in a window? what exactly is 'it'? When I put me machine into D3D the mouse was trapped in the window in game. Dont u get that?

U know that new check box that comes up u mentioned, well theres another one below it called use mouse, is that what u're after?

O

old.Kez

hmmmmm, nevermind, it just doesn't appear to work out of spite. The fact that the 2 checkboxes mentioned (use mouse, and windowed) don't appear until after I've put the right facking cvars in is the bitch thing, because I can't remember which ones it is ;) Stupid skanky HL.

Nevermind :(

O

old.Kez

Aha, you're what we call in the business.... a "genius" -win was the bassie command that lets meh play in a window, now I can, although now I can only choose between buggy d3d, or skanky slow GL, ah well.

O

old.Kez

Oh aye, lovely skanky PCI banshee, looking to upgrade to a geforce or something ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom