Hitachi 17" TFT Monitor

A

Ash!

Bought one of the New 17" Hitachi Monitors at the weekend. 16ms response time and perfect for gamers. I am on the whole very impressed for my investment.

However when I go into monitor settings, I can only have a refresh rate of 60Hz, Is this correct ? Also I connect it from DVI to DVI and in the on screen settings I can only have it as an anlogue connection. Again is this correct

17" Hitachi TFT Monitor 16ms CML174SXWB
Asus FX5600 Graphics card
Pentium 2.4 with HT
MSI Mobo
1Gb PC2100 DDR RAM

Thanks

B

Big G

Interesting.

Is it even slightly blurry in games? Or can you not tell the difference from CRT?

G

A

Ash!

It's not blurry at all. Image quality is comparable to the Dell Flatscreen CRT Optiplex Monitor I had replaced it with. I would say that if anything it is slightly better as I can play HALO above 800x600.

The refresh rate is 60htz whatever the screen resolution by the way

H

Happy Go Lucky

you'll notice 60hz doesn't blink madly on tft's like on crt's, it's because tfts work differently. Even 60 Hz is sharp and easy on the eyes.

I too have my tft connected with a dvi->dvi connection. And I don't see any option in gfx settings concerned with analogue or dvi.

I don't know the response rate of my Hp L1720 tft monitor. But it seems fine with the games I play so far.

The only problem is that it looks sharpest at the native 1240x1024 res. @ 1024x768 the monitor has to scale it down. And it looks noticably more blurred.

Any1 tried different scaling methods in gfx settings to reduce the reduction in quailty?

G

Gekul

I have a Hitachi TFT. I can run it in 75Hz and have it hooked up to two computers, one through the analogue connection and one through the digital.
I can't help you with how to do this though, as I've had no problems. Both my cards are radeons btw (9700pro digital, 7200 analogue).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom