Help Hijacked?

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Just had an email from Steam, apparently from Steam that is. It says I have changed my Steam password but I haven't touched it. Haven't turned on my main pc yet but has anyone else had the following email and is it legit?

Dear tremlar@hotmail.com,

This email message confirms that your Steam account password has been successfully changed.

We are sending this notice to ensure the privacy and security of your Steam account. If you authorized this change, no further action is necessary. If you did not authorize this change, or if you need additional help with your account, please follow this link to the Steam Support site and submit a request for assistance:

http://support.steampowered.com/cgi-bin/steampowered.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=197

Thanks for reviewing this information and helping us to maintain the privacy and security of your account.

The Steam Support Team
Welcome to Steam

This notification has been sent to the email address associated with your Steam account.
For information on Valve's privacy policy, visit Valve.
This email message was auto-generated. Please do not respond.

Dreamor

Can't get enough of FH
perhaps someone has a very similar email to yourself and typo'd.

Its probably worth you changing it and checking the details on the account anyway. I don't believe they could get your CC details anyway... but they could 'voucher' it to another account, which is easily trackable.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
If you are worried just do it, but not using the links they give in the email -although they seem legit links.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

TdC

If you are worried just do it, but not using the links they give in the email -although they seem legit links.

although that is the text of the email, not the underlying html prolly.

Trem, if you have a mailer that displays html view, turn it off and look at the email again.

Trem

Well I played CS yesterday and it was fine, thing is it is my other email that is my Steam log in not the tremlar email. Hmmm strange.

It seems a legit email but to my wrong email.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i had one of those and 2 days later my account got hacked and my steam id got vac banned, only difference is that straight after i changed the password i got a popup from someone not in my friends list telling me they were steam support saying that my password had been changed successfully

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
i had one of those and 2 days later my account got hacked and my steam id got vac banned, only difference is that straight after i changed the password i got a popup from someone not in my friends list telling me they were steam support saying that my password had been changed successfully

Even LOLcopter is not enough for this.....

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Well I played CS yesterday and it was fine, thing is it is my other email that is my Steam log in not the tremlar email. Hmmm strange.

It seems a legit email but to my wrong email.

And if Steam do not have that email then I would say it is dodgy spam... just to be on the safe side do what others have suggested and change your password from within steam.

TdC

and forward the email to abuse@ while you're at it.

Trem

I have decided that contacting Steam will make my piles explode so instead I have decided to drink lots of fancy beer and walk around the garden protecting my newly sown grass seeds.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... and writing in your blog, no?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not surprised... two fucking years... TWO FUCKING YEARS AND NOTHING... I CHECKED THAT PAGE EVERY DAY YOU BASTARD*

*No there's no "(may be lies)" down here, you're still a bastard! :eek:

TdC

don't make me post that pic again!

TdC

Stubird.jpg

Trem

Aaahhh little Stu, ain't seen him for a while but spoke yesterday.

He now has a hole in his knee from falling off a bike and has a big tattoo on the back of his head....apparently.

Talking of tats, check out the work from this guy in Stoke I have found Chet, he charges £100 for 3 hours which is mega bargain -

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=1863&id=1322977563

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fuck! Those tats are freaking awesome. Love the red fish outline with the text on someone's forearm.

Trem

Fuck! Those tats are freaking awesome. Love the red fish outline with the text on someone's forearm.

Yeah I like that one as well, its pretty near damn perfect as regards the work.

I'm booked in with him towards the end of August to get my other old tattoo covered up.

Users who are viewing this thread