High level mobs

P

pitspawn

Is this a bug or what? I've found out thats it is actually impossible to do damage to certain monsters with anything other than melee above a certain level. What this level this is im unsure. But our guild did a Llyn Barfog hunt the other day and about 5-6 days ago we attacked Golestandt for a laugh.

In Llyn barfog my nukes worked on all epic mobs except Legendary Afanc and King of Barfog. Same goes for Golestandt (and i guess Legion and Behmoth).

Well the thing is it seems as though even high level mob that cant be nuked can be melee'd for 2-3 damage sometimes less. But something weird is if you have EB you can do 2-3 damage + 35.

Just a suggestion. Next time you fight a really high lvl mob that cant be nuked, EB everyone. Even casters should try hitting with melee as the EB gets through as the main bulk of damage.

TBH i think this is a bit of a bug. As a caster nukes should get through but they dont, weird.

Ill try and get some pictures of what i mean, but im sure others have seen what im talking about. I nuked King of Barfog about 100 times, and NOT one nuke got through even with 50+13 fire. So i went to melee and was hitting 1-2 times every 5th hit etc.

D

Draylor

Ive no idea if its a bug or intended to be that way - but youve just realised the method used by everyone taking on the Lynn Barfog epics.

EB everyone, get everyone (except rezzers) to melee the mob.

Doing 1 or 2 damage with your staff isnt surprising - even high level tanks do little damage directly. But the dmg buffs make up for it :)

O

old.Kerosene

Found a related quirk.. if you are a theurg and cast a pet at the mob, it'll cast normally then before it appears a message says 'Your pet can't reach the target from here' even if the high level mob is like inches in front of you.

If I get that then I KNOW I'm in for some melee.

It's just started happening on the Princess and that eipc mob ulgrath or whatever his name is.

B

belth

Don't forget to use bleed styles, especially on those mobs that you hit for 1-2, it's suprising what a 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 bleed does actually ;) (Like get your small group drops from Legion :p)

R

Rhuric

I know the King atleast can be affected by spells, I hit him with smite for like 3 damage or so, but the thing is Epic mobs that give 'special drops' should be harder to take down then regular mobs so to speak, so I would say it isnt a bug

H

Hit ^_^

wrath of mordred is kind of evil too.
use one main tank and rest suppert him whit healing and bt and stuff.

R

Rhuric

Hit that wont help, he 1 hits thru BT on buffed tanks (almost atleast) And u can almost just hit him from behind cause he parrys all attacks from the front, and in 1.49 he was bugged atleast, didnt drop anything, maybe he does now

B

belth

The have quite nasty level range, so they can spawn as very easy ones - DK has killed Mordred couple times with just 1.5 fg - sometimes 2 fg hasn't been enough... EB & damage shield are sadly the best thing Wiz & Theurg can sometimes supply... Cabas & Sorcs should try debuffing them, it does help a bit when they don't resists ;)

D

Danya

Originally posted by belth
Don't forget to use bleed styles, especially on those mobs that you hit for 1-2, it's suprising what a 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 bleed does actually ;) (Like get your small group drops from Legion :p)
Bleed rocks on Legion, I was hitting him for about 8 direct, then a 6-5-4-3-2-1 bleed and about 10 from dmaage adds (theurg+pala). The bleed is a big part of the damage there. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom