Hidden archer-nerf or bug?

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Okay... after i patch i went RvR with my Scout and after a while thougt something is fooked up with my damage.

I then did some duels against cleric.

Stats: Bow 45+16; using Fools Bow, not buffed in duel

The damage varied from 253 to 500 a shot....

erm... 100% variance?... thats like zero spec in a weapon....

Ne1 else noticed that?

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Did you put sureshot on the quickbar instead of rapidfire(they have the same icons in this patch) and switched between SS and normal shots? Cause SS drastically reduces dmg aswell. It's not possible to have both RF and SS up at once.

I haven't noticed any huge variance problems this patch.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
enigma said:
Did you put sureshot on the quickbar instead of rapidfire(they have the same icons in this patch) and switched between SS and normal shots? Cause SS drastically reduces dmg aswell. It's not possible to have both RF and SS up at once.

I haven't noticed any huge variance problems this patch.

Nope... no shureshot, no rapid fire... just plain usual shots... very strange.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
weapon spec does not reduce variance - just makes it easier to hit your cap.

Tootz

Fledgling Freddie
Well hidden Scout nerfs are nothing new for Mythic, but I can't say I've noticed anything different after this last patch. Scout damage has always varied massively - I was testing crit shot damage with a friend a few months back, and one time I could hit for 800, the next it would be 600. His resists were the same, my bow skill was the same, and yet there would be these massive differences. Think it all stems from the fact Bow weapons have no styles so the damage they cause can vary massively.

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
lol... well earlier I critshotted a caster for 590~ then regular shot them for 490~ :( was ghoulish

oh and speaking of archer nerfs, does mesmerisation feedback etc on ceremonial bracer reset the camo timer? :O I just realised that earlier

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
weapon spec does not reduce variance - just makes it easier to hit your cap.
it do aslong as u dont have 2/3 of your lvl in weapon spec.

Nebel

Fledgling Freddie
Hm.. aye... maybe im just paranoid...lol

maybe i just didnt realize these variances earlier... i was watching closely after patch caus i had been told that with patch the arrows from Sharkskin Gloves had been fixed (doing less damage than normal arrows before patch) and i wanted to test IF there was any differences left.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:
lol... well earlier I critshotted a caster for 590~ then regular shot them for 490~ :( was ghoulish

oh and speaking of archer nerfs, does mesmerisation feedback etc on ceremonial bracer reset the camo timer? :O I just realised that earlier

i been aving a lot of dmge shots like that when critting :(

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
Lots of bugs surrounding archery.. Like when you critshot and it just ends up doing normalshot dmg with no message that it switched to normal shot etc.. on targets standing still..

Variance IS affected by weaponspec.. And there's a noticable difference even with as small changes as from 50 to 46.. With normal melee you wouldn't notice the dmg variance at all with that tiny differance, with archery you do.

Dafft

One of Freddy's beloved
Armour type & resists also play a part in dmg

like using thrust arrows on plate Oo or using crush arrows on plate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom