Hibs lowest but still needed class?

S

Sajko

Which one is it on excalibur? Which class do u find urself looking for the most when making a good rvr group?
Discuss =)

S

saltymcpepper

yes cos pets are always needed in rvr gank groups!!1111
stop whining about pet pulls fs

A

Amadon

a _GOOD_ bard, druid or warden

wardens are in least supply but not essential to a good rvr group

good bards are hard to find

O

oblivion_6

Originally posted by saltymcpepper
yes cos pets are always needed in rvr gank groups!!1111
stop whining about pet pulls fs

hee hee u got sand in ur VJ?

i was actually stating my reasoning behind why there arent many wardens as the classes that seem to be upping in numbers are those related to pet pull as they need the least effort to get to 50

edit: oh and it would be nice to get a druid that is specced buffs that has a person behind the pc :p

E

Ensceptifica

Doesn't happen often that a group that has a druid and a bard stands around in DL looking for a warden. If such a group waits, it's usually for a second druid.

O

old.Thanatlos

Pet pulling has nothing to do with less wardens being around.
The fact that every task the warden can do is getting diminished every patch (except dmg add lol)
- 1.62 : 3 classes can now virtually negate pbt
- 1.65 : resist buffs are doubly affected by debuffs. (well, not really a nerf but there's a reduction of effects of debuffs on item resists)
And there's probably going to be some more changes to resist buffs (which seem to be people's only reason to group wardens in rvr)

There's only 1 healing class that heals worse and that's only because it has no baseline group heal. But then again mentalists use less mana and have hot so I guess it's a tie.

There's only a few classes that are on the same level melee wise as wardens. Opposite to what people say wardens are actually quite proficient in fights. They have some of the best abilities a fighter could ask for: self end chant, style endurance usage reduction buffs, haste, dmg add, defensive line (parry)..
Too bad mythic forgot that that's 4 lines you need to spec in.and only 1.5 specpoints per level. (endurance chant and endurance buffs are in regrowth)
Also the fact that there's hardly any styles in blade and blunt that have some sort of stun or snare doesn't help (10 sec parry reactive 2nd in chain stun at 50 blunt, try balancing that with all the other lines so you're not gimped, good luck)
Snare in blades might be at 10 spec but is a side style. (try getting next to a mage running from you)

If you add all the individual skills of the warden up, it's an extremely good and versatile class. But atm the components just seem scrambled and impossible to get to work together properly.
Wardens are not gimped nor they ever will be but unless something is done about the combination of their skills, other classes are going to be much more attractive alternatives for the groups.

E

Ensceptifica

What Thanatlos said.

Except that chanters can do better dmg add buff as well, which they hate seeing overridden by warden dmg add.

More and more wardens will lower nurture to become healing tanks with some utility for groups, instead of group utility chars that can hardly do anything on their own. A fun class to play if people keep taking them into their groups.

O

old.Thanatlos

Just give me a decent enough reactive stun style (5/6 secs), a behind snare style (to actually have an effect on someone we're chasing) and slightly more spec points (1.75 or something) and I will be what was advertised :
A healing fighter / fighting healer with good group utility, decent enough damage over time and an advantage over other healers/fighters.

Fighters: we can chase someone and snare them (kill them if we have enough time) allowing others to get close instead of being kited from crim to mpk (this has happened!)

Healers: the advantage we'd have over druids is that we can deal with our own aggro. A savage attacks you, if you have enough defensive spec/weaponspec you'd be able to pull of that reactive stun and be free to heal which is something a druid (unless nature) would have problems with.

Ah well, but that would mean our styles would have meaning to the class beyond making it a pretend damage dealer or interrupt bot.
And of course people would whine :)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Used to be bard, as people here say, a good bard will always get a group. Bards are very challengeing, hard to play well and youll be leading the group in most parties. A lot of people find bard too awkward or fustrating once they hit proper rvr, youll get a lot of people telling you which buttons to press all the time, but if you enjoy the class the rewards are possibly greater than any other.

These days I think regrowth druids may have the edge in popularity / demand, hib groups always seem to lack healers and no one does it better than a big fat dr00d. Nice to play a support char that wears scale instead of cloth or something.

O

old.Glendower

In this day and age of a grossly unbalanced game and the prevalance of fotm class dominance, wardens are worthless rp cows, and the needs of the group are better served by another balanced druid any day.

Much better/faster heals

Insta heals

Pet to interrupt enemy casters

GP

It really wouldnt take much to make the class decent, but Mythic has repeatedly ignored/snubbed them (this last time in favor of buffing mincers YET AGAIN ffs!), and it is clear this company wants us all to buy thier expansions and an extra BB account to play instead of addressing longstanding balance issues (and certainly not just with wardens).

I sure as hell wont miss them.

M

Mirhen Morkir

Well, my warden Inecux is shelved.

I rolled a Druid, and I have to say it is the best thing I ever did.
Finally I have a class that has a part to play in RvR, that has an effect on a fight, and where it makes a difference if I'm afk or not.

Sadly Wardens have had their day, as a dueler/farmer and in PvE raid they are fine, but in RvR any group is 1000x better of with another druid instead.

As for future changes to wardens, I doubt Mythic will do anything when people are still screaming how overpowered PBT in scale is, shame PBT is more or less worthless in RvR now.

E

Easdown

well i have a 43 burture spec druid, just tell me if she can get an rvr grp at DL and i will log her on :p

O

old.Thanatlos

i will take a 43 burture druid every day of the week over ANY class..

That does come with Summon Burrito IV right? :) :clap:

O

old.chipper

glendower hit the nail right on the head i reckon they seem to be making chars that little bit weaker or versatile with the aim of gettin a BB on another ACCT. Think about it your a big business you see ppl playing with BB at first you think ey up this isnt fair then you see the financial benefit "ding" what if we made ppl want to have BB we would double our income.
At the end of the day mythic/goa are companies who dont look at the ppl playing but big graphs giving monthly subscription fees and imo thats all the big execs care about sure the devs probably care about the community alot but the men in suits dont give a toss

probably just a load of bull what i said above but it still niggles in my head ive seen so many classes get nerfed in one way or another and id hardly class it as a balance. you just cant help thinking about what those twats in head office tell the little ppl to do :(

M

Mirhen Morkir

Well some semi good news for those wanting a buff bot.

Next month's PC Zone (should be on sale middle of October) will have the full version of DoaC and SI plus 1 month's free play time.

M

mastade

Originally posted by Amadon
a _GOOD_ bard, druid or warden

wardens are in least supply but not essential to a good rvr group

good bards are hard to find

Lies, you need me Amadon ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom