Hibernia RvR Gank group - Best Setup?

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Please give suggestions for an ~Uber~ Hibernian Gank Group setup, 8 players etc.

Reasons and Advice and Specs and Stuff Included please
(Try to make it as detailed as possible, rep points will be in order :))

Thanks\\\

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
-classic-
on classic id say 2 bards 2 druid 1 light eld 3 bm or smiliar with tanks

bm assistrain will eat everything and bards+druids will interrupt with cc spells and light eld with keep maximum distance nearsighting+disease everything, because if you get red ns, only thing you can do is purge or let someone kill you to get it away :)

alot of setup works but id say this is the killermachine one

-toa-
for toa id say any setup works really, castergrp, tankgrp, mixed, its all about the teamplay in the end.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
MaditioN said:
-classic-
on classic id say 2 bards 2 druid 1 light eld 3 bm or smiliar with tanks

You only need 2 bards if they arent that good or are learning, better to replace one with a warden, 3rd druid or dmg class.

2 Bms would be my limit for a group, better to have a hero/champ/weird hybrid in there to add to your groups utility.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
err, no, on classic you need a warden or a second bard - and bard is way better on classic

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
err, no, on classic you need a warden or a second bard - and bard is way better on classic

Warden yes, thats what I would put in, but..

Why two bards then? Most decent bards seem offended at the thought of a second bard being grouped. 2 bards has never been 'in' since the server started, why would it be good in classic?

Guinever

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Warden yes, thats what I would put in, but..

Why two bards then? Most decent bards seem offended at the thought of a second bard being grouped. 2 bards has never been 'in' since the server started, why would it be good in classic?

I dun think that you offend a bard by inviting another one, unless you have a really sensative bard on your hands and that's an understatment.
tbh if you have a good bard, just take another druid, the extra healing is always welcome, the 3rd druid could even be nature for interupts and if possible throw in heals here another.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
3 druids is not needed, a second bard is a much better option. We used two bards on excalibur recently and it worked well. Much easier to lockdown the enemy support and casters.

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Druid
Druid
Bard
Warden
Blademaster
Blademaster
Eldritch - Light Spec
Champion - With Slam

So how do you think this would work on a -classic- Server?

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Bard
Druid
Druid
Warden
Eld
Chanter ( ml9 )
Bm
Bm

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
the fact that bards are able to cure disease and wardens are not is already enough reason to go 2 bards and no warden, without battlemaster or need for the resistbuffs (bard gets the tri-resist chant now which is just as good really) there is absolutely no point in a warden :p

Donledirse

Fledgling Freddie
Vamp could be useful hybrid tank to add into a classic group, he has charge and requires no buffs, so good for chasing down runners or decoying. Plus his dmg output on classic is quite sick :)

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
2 bards definately is >>> warden on classic, it also is on normal servers imo :p

ambera

Loyal Freddie
On normal servers you need warden resists, or something equating to them, or Albs will take you to pieces. Yes I play a warden :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Eregion said:
2 bards definately is >>> warden on classic, it also is on normal servers imo :p

Classic i'd agree unless you have an exceptionally good warden and a useless stick-bot bard.

For TOA you still need the wardens passives and BG, remember the bard chants are active, not passive. Warden brings more to a group on TOA than a 2nd bard, in fact in a gank group, a second mage is preferrable to a second bard.

But again, it all depends on how good the warden or the bard are played.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
Classic i'd agree unless you have an exceptionally good warden and a useless stick-bot bard.

For TOA you still need the wardens passives and BG, remember the bard chants are active, not passive. Warden brings more to a group on TOA than a 2nd bard, in fact in a gank group, a second mage is preferrable to a second bard.

But again, it all depends on how good the warden or the bard are played.
IF your casters know how to play without bg, 2nd bard is > warden.

Poox

Loyal Freddie
Druid
Druid
Bard
Light Eldritch
Blademaster
Blademaster
Hero

The best option to add to these..?

More than one option if possible :)

Bleeker

Can't get enough of FH
well, NFD gg1 has been running druid, druid, warden, bard, bm, bm, champ, light eld for awhile now and i think we doing pretty well :)

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Poox said:
Druid
Druid
Bard
Light Eldritch
Blademaster
Blademaster
Hero

one more baaaard!

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Poox said:
Druid
Druid
Bard
Light Eldritch
Blademaster
Blademaster
Hero

Almost anything imo, youve covered the essentials... My favs would be

Mana eld would complient your 3 tanks providing red dis + str/con debuffs and snare DD.
Champ could add more variety to your assist train (debuffs, snare).
If normal server then BG warden for resists/bg/more assist.
3rd druid would be workable if you pick them with different specs.

Oh and worst choice would be another bard, duplicate abilites that dont need duplicating, add little or no DPS and poor healing! But what do I know eh ;)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Oh and worst choice would be another bard, duplicate abilites that dont need duplicating, add little or no DPS and poor healing! But what do I know eh ;)

open your eyes already :p

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Boni said:
Not much if you believe that, no. :p

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
Light eld > mana eld ..

the nearsite can win a fight

Mufufu

Fledgling Freddie
hmm - best setup is 3 mentalism elds ! and then a music druid! and a warden for speed, for an example Mastade (tiger geek) .... and then saltefanden for base AF.. and 2 buffbots with good purge, and aug str 4
(;

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
Mufufu said:
hmm - best setup is 3 mentalism elds ! and then a music druid! and a warden for speed, for an example Mastade (tiger geek) .... and then saltefanden for base AF.. and 2 buffbots with good purge, and aug str 4
(;

its kinda sad how hard you try and fail horrible every time.

sneakies

Fledgling Freddie
atm id say a warden is basically replaceable with a non cookie cutter specced bard because they can now chant the 3 resists supplied by the warden (i think).

For example; 50 music, 39 blunt/blade, 18 reg (poor spec but meh, all points were used up with it!) bard would be able to:

interrupt, melee (with dd - which i reckon would far out damage a wardens 'standard' melee), mezz, demezz, chant resists.

Plus; i reckon it'd be a fun spec to play :D

HOWEVER. At higher RR's the warden gets that secksi melee RA which gives nice damage to tanks or summit (i dunno, trial and error is always a fun way to explore new approachs to the game!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom