Hibernia, a fun place?

M

Marcus75

Hi everyone!

I got my main on Prydwen in Midgard and thought I should start a few characters in Hibernia mostly for having fun and playing in the first battleground.

So what do you suggest? I have played quite alot of characters in Midgard and a few in Albion and really think it's fun playing diffrent ones. I would like a melee-type, a mage and a support class and whatever on the last spot.

So far I was thinking of making a Druid, Warden, Champion and either a Enchanter or a Eldritch.

Suggestions please! And please say a little more than just a "Hero" or something like that. Need some meat on the bones you know... :D

O

old.Arnor

Make a pbaoe-whore, they rock in pve, rvr and keepdefense.
Wait a minute, your gonna be fighting me....Hmm, make a Gimpshade or a Gimpmaster, those will be a winner for sure :=)

M

Marcus75

As I havnt played Hibby before the termpbaoe-whore isn't that familiar.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Having them in your group is a pain, though.

They are like super flypaper.
"Get the aggro off me! Quick!"
... I had my ranger grouped with one earlier today... what stress. ;)

S

SilverHood

then the group is incompetent sickofit... casters should never get aggro, not matter what they do.... maybe try using taunt? :D

M

matax

Could have been the impatient caster though i.e. the one that hasn't learnt that it's a good idea to let everyone else damage the mob first and get some aggro before I mega-aggro it with my pbaoe ;)

M

Marcus75

Not many of the replies so far has been on-topic...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Well... I have an Enchantments/Light specced Enchanter. And it's great fun playing the little Luwikeen.

Supposedly only Mana chanters are the big cheese but I remember 2 orange con Mids (a healer and a zerker) hacking at my Underhill for quite some time before he went down...

With only a few points in Ench., your Underhill will hit less hard and go down faster (alot faster).
And people will kiss your feet for armsbuffs (in other words: you will find a group easily).

If you want to solo alot, a void Eldritch is great fun... and the bolts just look cool :D
You will be able to solo low orange con mobs without a problem (as long as they have a low cold resistance).

I might be proven wrong by our stat buffs but I go for fun... not some hanky panky "1337 in RvR" template.

Gee... supposedly bards can't solo yellows after 15 according to all the 'experts'. Bull :) They can, if you ignore regrowth and spec in blades/blunt a bit.

J

Jexa

I thought PBAoE didn't give the caster agro....

Unless they changed it, my ice wizard never got agro from it. I'm sure someone told me it spread agro throughout the group ....

G

grebneklaf

Ice wizzies can get agroo when using PBAE but nothing compared to the agroo they can get from bolts or DD. It depends upon what the group is like, grouped one time with me 2 or 3 lvls higher than rest of group(yeah know itds stupid but was fun group). I got agroo a bit from time to time then, but not much.

Edit: its usually the healer who gets agroo if somebody else than taunters get it.

M

Marcus75

OK. I've decided for a Warden, a Druid and a Champion.

But I still need to make a decision on the Enchanter/Eldritch-thing.

I wan't to be as poweful as I can be in the BGs.
If someone has suggestions on templates and what to choose I really like to hear them. Thanks!

O

old.tRoG

20 Mana/ 12 Enchant Chanter

Thats what im going for in the BG... but I havent tested it or anything yet, everyone in Hib/Pry is dead and I can't find anyone to group with :(

soloing is a real ZzZZzZZZzZZzZ

O

old.job

If going bg, have at least 1 pbaoe, cos grps will want you to cast it constantly loking for stealthers, enchanters solo xp like a train.
I leveled solo to 20 in 2 days 3hrs, you're biggest problem will be finding enough orange mobs to slaughter.

You will be No1 on every stealthers list though, and I have only ever been killed by stealthers in the BG

To be honest the underhill ain't much use in BG

Though you won't be able to kill a thing a Bard is really good fun in BG cos you get to mezz at will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom