hib repair fund

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
i stand at crim today and do some repairs with the help of a FEW fellow hibs, and running/porting a alt between crim/DL after i have used 1.4 p now ( only 2 convokers can be arsed to help ) i remember that hib had a repair fund some time ago sponsored from draggy raids.... where is that gold now ? the fund was rather big as i remember it......

this is not becurse i want some of that for repairing .. just made me wonder

on a side note thanks to the few hibs helping :drink:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The person who held on to the fund after the few dragon raids sold his account, probably with the cash on it.

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:
The person who held on to the fund after the few dragon raids sold his account, probably with the cash on it.
what a nice guy. :(

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Noone needs Funds. Its a waste of Money. Just get enough Convokers.

Kalid

Fledgling Freddie
The fund was quite some time ago, or at least the one I'm thinking of...
Was OK for a while but guilds/people lost interest in it so it was decided not to be continued.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Icebreaker said:

Just wondered - have you posted a positive response of any use lately Icebreaker? Trying to find one.

:twak:

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:
Just wondered - have you posted a positive response of any use lately Icebreaker? Trying to find one.

He's just trying to lure people over to EQ2 by downsizeing DaoC, cant you tell ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Traxxx said:
i stand at crim today and do some repairs with the help of a FEW fellow hibs, and running/porting a alt between crim/DL after i have used 1.4 p now ( only 2 convokers can be arsed to help ) i remember that hib had a repair fund some time ago sponsored from draggy raids.... where is that gold now ? the fund was rather big as i remember it......

this is not becurse i want some of that for repairing .. just made me wonder

on a side note thanks to the few hibs helping :drink:

Had this problem a lot in the last few months, seem to find the same people helping out repairing all the time (they know who they are).

After doing my bit in the first two weeks of NF, i got quite disheartened and must admit that i now do not help repairs after seeing 99% of the population run past and not even drop a strength buff for the convokers.

In OF it wasnt much better, but there was a lot less to repair back then so the general populations lack of interest in helping out wasn't quite so apparent (plus a lot of those who would regularly turn up to repair ahve now left the game).

Next time you come to defend a keep and find the walls in pieces and the doors down already because they could not have been repaired in time, please refrain from flaming in the BG and spare a thought for those sat on their asses repairing while the rest of you RP horny peeps are off having fun :)

Give repair RP's imo, solve all this problem ;)

Traxxx

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:

what a crappy reply .... as stated in my first post i had help from 2 convokers i dunno if u remember how much wood is needed to repair a lvl 10 keep 2000 irewood (aprox) per repair = 12500 units of wood so u need a MINIMUM of 10 convokers to get it flowing and as long max 2 show up .... well took me and the few others 2 hours to get wall back to just 50%.

anyway i cant be arsed to get all worked up i will be happy to help repair, but as long our fellow hibs just take a piss on the ppl helping out :twak: its not helping the realm. :(

begach

Fledgling Freddie
I just need to be sure i got this straight guys (hibs). After flamming one of my guild mates to absolute shit a while back regarding the door repair fund an it's use (yeah the dragon raid stones). You guys are now telling us that it was a scam by a person or persons now long gone?

Let me just say with gladness in my heart.....All that gave nimue shit that day FU.

B.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
The 'real' purpose of that fund was repairing relic gates not regular keepfare, this purpose has rendered obsolete with nf

id bet wherever it went it had a good use! :D

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Traxxx said:
what a crappy reply .... as stated in my first post i had help from 2 convokers i dunno if u remember how much wood is needed to repair a lvl 10 keep 2000 irewood (aprox) per repair = 12500 units of wood so u need a MINIMUM of 10 convokers to get it flowing and as long max 2 show up .... well took me and the few others 2 hours to get wall back to just 50%.

anyway i cant be arsed to get all worked up i will be happy to help repair, but as long our fellow hibs just take a piss on the ppl helping out :twak: its not helping the realm. :(

usually theres far more than 10convokers around on a keep defence/retake/whatever.. just most cba, spam /broadcast a bit and u may get a better response

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
"" Myg is sitting on the rock, deep down in the Coruscating Mine..
Holding onto teh gold tightly, whispering, "My Own! My Precius!" . . . ""

;)

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
To shed a little light into the differing ""Relic door funds".

The first was a CF alliance fund, it held a few P for the repair of doors donated by a few guilds and ppl. I have no idea who held it but it was held in reserve for a good while, till 1 day the mids or albs broke down Dagda's door again and most if not all of it was used.

Some time passed till another CF alliance fund was started, this one was on contribution basis. Each member of a guild paid 25 g per month to it, collected by guild officers and in turn collected by "?" who held it in reserve. Said person was not a CF member, but he grew tired twisting arms to get the donations each month and also grew tired of the game. So after a few months when he quit the game, the funds were divided between the GM's of a few guilds. Eventually Ardamel and Mythic ( lvl 10 relic doors reset to lvl 8 with each patch) wiped out those funds as well.

A few (?) months later Gwareli came up with the idea of Dragon raids to fund another Relic door fund. From each DR about 10 of each kind of stone was sold for bargain prices ( 1.5 p or so) to be put into his private fund for the repair of important doors ( usually dagda's).
About 3-4 succesfull raids were held, the cash was held by him on a seperate alt. However only a few weeks after the last raid he quit/sold/traded. The cash was never seen again.

Toa wasn't far off then, so the need to start up another repair fund was seen as kind of an exercise in futility.

Danita

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Icebreaker said:

Yer sure, so I was standing at Crau, repairing the open doors. At the beginning, 3 convokers helped me, then it went down to ONE!! with 2 occasionals helping. Dania (or so, from CF =) ) joined in for a few percent, then albs moved and I kinda stood there, alone, wasting my time repairing shitty doors while the others went to leech off RP's in the zerg.....

So basically when the door was at 8% I went away cause I cba to spend my time with 1 person helping me, when 3-4 would be needed to supply the wood. So next time ppl can just repair their doors with their RP's or so, I won't come again.....

People who want to help some are mostly on their own, which is pretty sad, tbh :(

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I think i repaired about 3500 Doors and Keep Walls in NF allready.Everyone who plays with me knows that.And iam the last Person in Hib who only plays for himself. So i have teh clue. :p

Noone needs those Fund thingies. Why? They never really worked. They made only a few Peeps richer.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
kiliarien said:

Iam not here to agree with everything. I think Life would be boring then. :)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:
I think i repaired about 3500 Doors and Keep Walls in NF allready.Everyone who plays with me knows that.And iam the last Person in Hib who only plays for himself. So i have teh clue. :p

Noone needs those Fund thingies. Why? They never really worked. They made only a few Peeps richer.

Only way for it to work is for a respected long-standing player to hold the purse strings, there are a few players who have been here since day 1 who everyone knows and trusts... the main alliance GM's Grey and Grizzly and players like Toblerone, Lothlorion, Ilaya, Hiane etc (players who care more about the realm than personal gain).

TBH tho, i agree with Ice, its always been a problem to have a fund as if the holder is offline you cant get at it, plus the last 2 have "vanished" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom