hi!

Cyfr

Banned
I just got battlefield vietnam and erm.. I need some tips if somebody could provide some :p

I never usualy play fps.. closest thing to one that I liked was Planetside :).

Im really crappy at BF:V but I like it, keep getting shot and dead before I even see the enemy :(

Also, are there separate servers or are all the servers I need in the little ingame box type thingie? :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
1. Get ASE. www.udpsoft.com/eye
2. Refresh all the servers for BF:V
3. Highlight the Jolt servers, and add them to your favourites folder.
4. Play the game there ;)

Cyfr

Banned
Oooh thank-you :)

Is it normal that the Jolt server is laggy? It wasn't too bad but I did notice jerkiness that seemed to be due to lag

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Type fps.1 in the console. You can check your fps with that. Sometimes its the server, sometimes its you :) If it seems slow, turn down your graphics a bit, it helps.
See you out there :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
But always remember that QW is better.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Cyfr said:
Oooh thank-you :)

Is it normal that the Jolt server is laggy? It wasn't too bad but I did notice jerkiness that seemed to be due to lag

all servers are laggy every now and then, not only the jolt ones. Out of intrest what jolt server did you find laggy?.

Cyfr

Banned
Number 1 I think it was.
I just tried it in offline mode with all gfx on max and I had no lag at all, so it must have been server lag :).

Is it much easier to fly a plane/heli with a joystick? Considering buying one as I find it quite hard with mouse/keyboard :p

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Cyfr said:
I just tried it in offline mode with all gfx on max and I had no lag at all, so it must have been server lag :).

Its not so much server lag as net lag. I can play with everything on max np offline, but thats not the point . As CDR says sometimes servers do lag, but the Jolt ones are the least laggy imo, and at least if you get idiots on there they can be adminned, as opposed to many others where you just have to choose another server.
Incidentally, try turning sound down to 32 channels, it seems to have a big effect on lag. Ive now finally got my game to a point where it works pretty smoothly ,Im chuffed :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
Cyfr said:
Number 1 I think it was.

Server 1 is a DC server :), I know the 40 player server likes to lag every now and then, 24 player servers are probally least likely to suffer from lag.

Last night i setup a test linux server, we need to see if it runs better than the windows server so feel free to jump on it and report your findings :).

Jolt.co.uk - BF:V Linux Test|12ms|213.208.119.139:15567

Cyfr

Banned
Atm it seems perfect, but theres nobody on the server :p

This game has showed me how much I love the music from that era :D

xane

Fledgling Freddie
I don't bother with ASE, I use the internal server manager, I put "jolt" in the server name filter and thats okay.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Quick couple of questions:

Have I got to buy Vietnam or is it a patch for the old game (which I have)
Should I bother?

ta

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom