hi need some help

E

Eteinad

hi all

i am sorry to ask but i am a N00B to planteside getting it today but i DO not no a thing about it !!! like what empires to join or what char u make or what server we join. what ever can some one say to me plz how and the best way to strart is plz :))

hehe thx

( sorry abit of a n00b at planteside )

W

Will

Which empire to join...I'd go with what colour you like, or the background story you like. You can always delete your first character and then change empires.

What kind of character to make...I'd go with a standard grunt at first, just to get a feel for the game. Do the virtual training in the game, try all the guns and vehicles (you get XP for it), then take medium assault and reinforced exo-armour. Then type "/b n00b grunt LFS" until you get invited to a squad, and then follow orders.

:)

S

SilverHood

just do whatever floats your boat

some people like close up fights, some like air battles

while some like kreeping around stealthed

others like sitting on a hill getting shot at *waves to uncle sick*

and maybe the other way around on that last one too

if you mess up, and grab a cert for something you don't like, you only have to wait 24 hours before you can respec again.

Empire wise, lots of friendly BW'ers playing both NC and VS, and a few playing TR.

Go with those you think look and feel the best... you'll be one of them smurfs, ribena berries or red hot chillipepers soon enough lad :)

P

[PS]Mung

Do a bit of research on the official website too.
Lots of info about weapons and certifications (the things that you earn via experience which enable you to do stuff).

And when you start, try the training missions too, although I think they are still bugged :)
Oh and read the manual, although thats well out of date, not forgeting the "HELP" system in the game, and the "virtual firing range" in Sanctuary.

Oh and if you see one of us lot on-line, ask a question and you'll surely get a pleasant reply.

And lastly, have fun.

P

[PS]Venom

No matter which empire you join, there's BW orientated outfits in each. Barry's Squad, and Phoenix Legion are NC, and Sovereign Guard, UKDentists and Enlightened Dark are VS. Not sure on the terran ones.

Basically a quick summise goes as follows -

Join VS if you like Purple, Flexibility, and not excelling in any one area. No fire-and-forget weaponry here. Our specific vehicles and weaponry don't excel in any area but do good all round. For instance the Lancer, AV weapon - Good vs infantry as well as vehicles but has no splash damage or lock on facility.

Join NC if you like blue/yellow, strength and more damaging weaponry. NC specific equipment is VERY powerful, the Jackhammer arguably the best weapon in the game for chewing through troops quickly. They also get guided missiles for an AV weapon which hits pretty hard.

Join TR if you like red/black, looking like a nazi stormtrooper with a gasmask, and fast firing, but not so accurate weaponry. Their vehicles take 3 rather than 2 people to use effectively but when used properly they're quite dangerous. They get a lock on missile launcher, and a chaingun :D

No one empire is "better" than the other, despite what anyone says. Yes, jackhammers are annoying, and very powerful, but the Lasher is also deadly in the right hands. Yesterday I went on a rampage and killed about 10 TR with mine. It's all about getting a feel for the empires and finding what you like.

You can send messages to anyone in any empire so if you need answers /tell Venom and I'll try to help if I'm on :)

EDIT : Best thing to start with would be either a Reaver, or a MAX of some description. AV or AI probably best. MAXes allow you to take a fair bit of damage :)

E

Esoteric

Aye what venom said...

Spend loads of time in the training room..

If I were you I would spec as a max at first, gives you a bit of protection for you to feel your way around plus a good squad will more than likely take on someone saying /b MAX lfs than /b Grunt Noob lfs. By pure fluke I started out as a max unit and squads are always looking for maxes cause nothing can protect a cc better and take the hits at the same time.

W

Will

I still use Grunt n00b LFS when I'm trying to get one. Even though I'm blatantly not a n00b, I do tend to end up in fluffier squads.:)

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by Will.
I still use Grunt n00b LFS when I'm trying to get one. Even though I'm blatantly not a n00b, I do tend to end up in fluffier squads.:)

Hehe like the other day I saw someone broadcasting "BR18N00b looking for squad!"

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Will.

I just use "Grunt lfs"

J

Jonaldo

I just play solo most of the time, it's a godsend sometimes to go to what bases I want, on what continents I want, when I want and not have to support or make others look good with my 1337z0r skillz!

Well sometimes I just like to keep myself to myself and not forever be doing full on action, hence solo often suits me more, not that I don't enjoy being in squads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom