Hi guys!

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi guys!

I'm sure maybe some of you remember (Baldir the Minstrel). I've been away for almost a year now during my time in the army, hehe. In two and a half month, I'm finish there, and can come back to the game again if I want to.

Just wondering.. Has the game changed anything in one year, and is it still fun to play? Is it worth comming back? :)

Baldir.....

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Baldir said:
Hi guys!

I'm sure maybe some of you remember (Baldir the Minstrel). I've been away for almost a year now during my time in the army, hehe. In two and a half month, I'm finish there, and can come back to the game again if I want to.

Just wondering.. Has the game changed anything in one year, and is it still fun to play? Is it worth comming back? :)

Baldir.....

no..

unless your an animist or a bainshee...

but seriously, i am having grave reservations about the game, the next expansion doesn't seem to be igniting me to keep subscribing, which the others did...

:m00:

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Baldir said:
Hi guys!

Baldir.....
Minstrel is now, if not the toughest, one of the toughest classes to play. If you like a challenge it's definitly worth coming back, but if you like easymode there's a lot of classes that have gotten 'love' in addition to the classes (casters) that were already overpowered. In 1v1, skald is probably the only class you will be able to compete with successfully. Minstrel is still a very good duo partner, like skald is.

If you think this is bad news, Mythic have said they're gonna be looking at skalds and minstrels after they're done with the "Labyrinth Of The Minotaur" expansion. ;)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
Baldir said:
Hi guys!

Baldir.....
why helo dere, up to you if you wanna waste £8 or not tbh xD

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Sounds like the game sucks atm from your point of view.. I got a theurgist and a friar too.. Did these classes get any love? And which classes are ftw atm?

Poli

Fledgling Freddie
Baldir said:
Hi guys!

Baldir.....

Well, if you mean for random grp's and random fun, then no... If you get a good guild and/or have friends to grp with, then yes imo... Its the only reason I still play... the guild and friends, not the gameplay, anymore....admitted I can still be bloody fun to rvr... with friends :) I like it....its not all haters ^^

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Poli said:
Well, if you mean for random grp's and random fun, then no... If you get a good guild and/or have friends to grp with, then yes imo... Its the only reason I still play... the guild and friends, not the gameplay, anymore....admitted I can still be bloody fun to rvr... with friends :) I like it....its not all haters ^^

Hmm.. ok.. I still have some friends left playing daoc, but most of them left the game years ago :(

Tor_nada2004

Fledgling Freddie
Make a Ice Wiz and PBAOE at lord room FTW at hib zergs... shit loads of free rps there.. LONG LIVE MUYLATREX whit other words (keep pbaoeing)

islef

Loyal Freddie
I like the game atm... you got a mincer to solo on, if you get tired of being zerged, stealthzerged etcetc, you can log on you theurg and get a grp or zerg yourself or whatever ring your bell. That is what i try to do anyway.. Hop around on a solo toon till i feel it is taking the piss, then log on caster and group a bit. Everyone are crying DHOOOOM but frankly i dont see how the game have changed severely the last couple of years. some people added/zerged back then and some do the same now.

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
islef said:
I like the game atm... you got a mincer to solo on, if you get tired of being zerged, stealthzerged etcetc, you can log on you theurg and get a grp or zerg yourself or whatever ring your bell. That is what i try to do anyway.. Hop around on a solo toon till i feel it is taking the piss, then log on caster and group a bit. Everyone are crying DHOOOOM but frankly i dont see how the game have changed severely the last couple of years. some people added/zerged back then and some do the same now.

Good to hear that not everyone hates the game :)

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
If you got the impression that I hate the game out of what I said, then maybe I said something wrong? I still enjoy playing a lot, I like that skalds are not the easiest to play 1v1. There are a few minstrels out there also that I enjoy fighting 1v1 (the most even fights). I like a challenge and don't care if I lose if it was a fun and challenging fight (like most are), so I also try to challenge the heroes and reavers (when I know I'll eat grass). :)

When I don't 1v1 or duo/trio, wich is also great fun, I run in FG rvr. There are still no groups who say no to a rr8+ skald, and a minstrel should be really good in a alb tank group (I know there are a few of those running atm also).

What I meant is that playing skald/minstrel solo is only fun if you enjoy a challenge (like me). So if you rather want easymode (I don't want that, but many do or else there would be no casters) - then you're better off with an overpowered class. ;)

If I was an alb I would play the minstrel! :cheers:

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Tor_nada2004 said:
Make a Ice Wiz and PBAOE at lord room FTW at hib zergs... shit loads of free rps there.. LONG LIVE MUYLATREX whit other words (keep pbaoeing)

lol

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
Baldir said:
Hi guys!

Baldir.....

if you get up at 4am then im sure will have a lot of fun in rvr!! :p

nah but i still find the rvr fun tbh, dont care for pve at all.
best thing you can do is subscribe for a month and then make your own mind up
:drink:

Sean

Fledgling Freddie
Tor_nada2004 said:

gimp

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Draypor said:
if you get up at 4am then im sure will have a lot of fun in rvr!! :p

nah but i still find the rvr fun tbh, dont care for pve at all.
best thing you can do is subscribe for a month and then make your own mind up
:drink:

yeah, why not? :)

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Dr_Evil said:
If you got the impression that I hate the game out of what I said, then maybe I said something wrong? I still enjoy playing a lot, I like that skalds are not the easiest to play 1v1. There are a few minstrels out there also that I enjoy fighting 1v1 (the most even fights). I like a challenge and don't care if I lose if it was a fun and challenging fight (like most are), so I also try to challenge the heroes and reavers (when I know I'll eat grass). :)

When I don't 1v1 or duo/trio, wich is also great fun, I run in FG rvr. There are still no groups who say no to a rr8+ skald, and a minstrel should be really good in a alb tank group (I know there are a few of those running atm also).

What I meant is that playing skald/minstrel solo is only fun if you enjoy a challenge (like me). So if you rather want easymode (I don't want that, but many do or else there would be no casters) - then you're better off with an overpowered class. ;)

If I was an alb I would play the minstrel! :cheers:

I want to play my minstrel too. It's my main char. Only problem is that i need a new template and I'm out of cash :(

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
baldir,

i have just started again on prdy, and tbh mate im really enjoying it already.. i know its only xp atm.. but from what iv heard the rvr aint all zergs and wtf stealthers... and tbh u always used to paly well.. ud adapt..

if cash is a prob.. buy some off ebay??? id go halves :p hehehe

my 2 cents, whether or not it will help

:p

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
ademaa said:
baldir,

i have just started again on prdy, and tbh mate im really enjoying it already.. i know its only xp atm.. but from what iv heard the rvr aint all zergs and wtf stealthers... and tbh u always used to paly well.. ud adapt..

if cash is a prob.. buy some off ebay??? id go halves :p hehehe

my 2 cents, whether or not it will help

:p

I think i gonna give it a shot then :drink:

ademaa

One of Freddy's beloved
Baldir said:
I think i gonna give it a shot then :drink:

good shit :worthy:

an old mate might be giving me 50 theurg :p means my current theurg will be uber buffah xD

:flame:

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
ademaa said:
good shit :worthy:

an old mate might be giving me 50 theurg :p means my current theurg will be uber buffah xD

:flame:

I still got 2 months left in the army though :p

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
RvR aint shit.. o_O
Yes you prolly lose 6 times in row, get zerged by stealthers, or die to Horner. But it still remains fun!

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Ahtlehson said:
RvR aint shit.. o_O
Yes you prolly lose 6 times in row, get zerged by stealthers, or die to Horner. But it still remains fun!

How is the soloing atm then? Or do you only get zerged?

Talsar

Albion Legend
Baldir said:
Sounds like the game sucks atm from your point of view.. I got a theurgist and a friar too.. Did these classes get any love? And which classes are ftw atm?

lo Baldir bud, Good to see your still safe and well, Theurgists are the new FOTM ;) lol i even have one (although i started him years ago). But they seem to be the most preferred class atm and are doing really well in RVR.

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Talsar said:
lo Baldir bud, Good to see your still safe and well, Theurgists are the new FOTM ;) lol i even have one (although i started him years ago). But they seem to be the most preferred class atm and are doing really well in RVR.

Hi Talsar :) Nice to see some good old players are still left in the game :england: Sounds great! I have a theurgist aswell, and i got it TOA'd and ML'd before i left the game :)

Baldir

One of Freddy's beloved
Is the "new" expansion darkness rising any good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom