Hi guys need a tad of help plz

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
Guys im thinking of doing a ML1 raid and hopefully it wont be my last raid either :) can anybody give me any tips and when i do do this give me a few aids on the way :) i no it will be tricky seeming it is my first time but ive always wanted to do it and any help is appreciated :) thanx alot :worthy:

Ironic 50 cleric
Jimthegreat 50 reaver
Uvebeen 50 warrior

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Little Boy said:
Guys im thinking of doing a ML1 raid and hopefully it wont be my last raid either :) can anybody give me any tips and when i do do this give me a few aids on the way :) i no it will be tricky seeming it is my first time but ive always wanted to do it and any help is appreciated :) thanx alot :worthy:

Ironic 50 cleric
Jimthegreat 50 reaver
Uvebeen 50 warrior

be patient
learn the bg commands, treasurer grantcred ect
learn the steps by heart or have a guide handy
be patient

i know i said 'be patient' twise, but its such a big point it was worth saying twise

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
holy shit jimthegreat ! been a while since i saw that name, always remember while leveling u were always a couple levels ahead of me :)

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
hehe fnx pyscho anymore is appreciated and elistone m8 ur ma god :)

danmrman

Fledgling Freddie
Keep an eye on freddys am running a 1-10 raid starting next week. keep an eye on the forums for it

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
My tips would be this.

Be nice and humble, telling ppl to sod off ain't the best thing to do.

Read up on each step so you know what to expect from the next encounter or have someone help you out.

When it comes to the /bg there's only 2 options really. If the people do as you want and things run smooth, keep the bg open for all to speak. If not.. set BG to /bg listen, tell the people that you will not continue the raid if they keep running ahead causing problems for all, starting encounters without permission and so on.

I also like to throw in a couple of jokes now and then, as silly as I am. But it often makes things less boring.

When it comes to lotto, there's a ton of different rules where some are faster then other and so on. I prefer /random 1000, highest picks first then descending from that. Using a parser here is really handy, If more then 50 ppl shows up it's a pain in da butt to sort out the numbers by hand/eye and it takes a while too. There's a random parser at www.fom.nu under Misc. There you can read how to do aswell.

Other then this I can only wish you the best. :D

Good Luck!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
On long raids, I recommend scheduling a short break every 1 1/'2 hours or so, for people to get drinks/go to the loo etc.

Without that, people will drop afk a lot more often, at different times, and you'll be either losing people or turning the raid back to get them up, neither of which is good.

Darzil

Little Boy

One of Freddy's beloved
can you guys give me a site where i can find information on each step plz ? i have spots on deridra but i need how 2 do them :) thnx

Himse

FH is my second home
danmrman said:
Keep an eye on freddys am running a 1-10 raid starting next week. keep an eye on the forums for it

Going into WW for those?

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
I would read (i know it is outdated) VoS ML1

to get some info about raids etc :) be patient! make both BG and CG so spam can be in CG to keep the BG free from alot of spamming :)

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
My best advice for ML1 is limit the BG to 2fgs:p Buy the items in havens aswell (esp harpy tokens and rubies)

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
To add to the advice you've received so far, I would advise strongly against running a ML raid until you've been through it once yourself, unless you either have a BG of guild/alliance members or someone behind the scenes telling you how the encounters work. Alot of people have been through the MLs lots of times now and so will think they know best and the last thing you want is people arguing with you or each other over your strategy.

The info on VoS is great but hasn't been updated in a long time and will generally say you need at least twice the number syou actually do need to do the encounters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom