hhhheeellllllllllllllllllppppp

• Thread starter old.[TB]Mr.Armageddon
  • Start date
O

old.[TB]Mr.Armageddon

One of my comps wont detect the CM so to speak. It just doesnt detect it at all. It used to work but doesnt anymore. No1 changed the setting and we even re-installed windows and put the settins exactly the same as the other one then we put the CM directly into the network card on that comp then another card and it didnt work. The network works fine though. heelllppp plz.

P

Perplex

I felt really sorry for this thread. Almost 70 views, and not a single reply :(

Well, here's a sympathy shag...erm...post. :D

T

Testin da Cable

I don't rightly understand it.
Where is your cablemodem normally?
Do you go through a different computer on your network [ie sharing]?
What kind of setup do you have?
What doesn't happen exactly?

-tdc

O

old.MrFragem

Who is your cable company and what is your setup? I have a 2*PC Lan at home but I can only run one PC at a time on the Cable connection. NTL (my cable supplier) told me that it only supports one connection per household. They do this via only allocating one address to each household.

I have found that it's possible to get round this, though I've not set it up yet. There is some software that lets you share the address between multiple PCs (I have a copy archived, I can't remember the name just now). To use this however, you need either to have two ethernet cards in one of the PCs (one for the cable connection and the other for the LAN) or you can use a dedicated machine as a server(e.g. an obsolete machine you have lying around; I'm told you don't need a fast machine for this as long as it's not too slow).

I an going to set this up soon. I'm just waiting for a new PC to replace one of my existing ones. The old machine is likely to become the dedicated server.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom