Hey everyone!

Devlinn

Fledgling Freddie
Hrmm i've been away from the game for about 3-4 years... maybe even pushing 5 or 6... it's a little hazy...

Anyone from Prydwen/excal Alb/Mid playing on the US servers?

I Re-rolled on Morgan / Alb about 3 weeks ago.

I've got a 50 Scout, Cabby and Merc. Was wondering if there's anyone from the old EU days playing on the US servers that might remember me and wanna play sometime.

Iramus

Fledgling Freddie
Hi people, I'm completely new to MMORPG's and I was thinking of downloading the two week trial to test out DAoC.

I'd be grateful if anybody could answer a few questions for me before I start.

Does Mythic have any expansions, changes or upgrades in the pipeline (a second edition of the game for example) or is DAoC a dying game?

How many people play online and which servers are most frequently used so I know which server to create a character on - I don't want to be playing the game on my own!

I live in the U.K - is there any differences between Europe/U.S regions that I should be aware of before I sign up.

Thanks in advance for any feedback and apologies to to O.P for hijacking the thread - I can't start one of my own due to it being a brand new account.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Does Mythic have any expansions, changes or upgrades in the pipeline (a second edition of the game for example) or is DAoC a dying game?
Don't know if there are any expansions in the making, but the game is always changing

There will NEVER be a daoc 2. Mythic has said this from the beginning

How many people play online and which servers are most frequently used so I know which server to create a character on - I don't want to be playing the game on my own!
Multi cluster of most of the US servers is about to happen in not too long and I reckon the population on the new cluster Ywain will be around 2.500-3.000 people at primetime

I live in the U.K - is there any differences between Europe/U.S regions that I should be aware of before I sign up.
There are ofcourse more Americans online at our night time, but you will not find any problems finding people to play with

Also there is no lag, just because you live abroad
Thanks in advance for any feedback and apologies to to O.P for hijacking the thread - I can't start one of my own due to it being a brand new account.

You're welcome

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Heya Iramus,

Just startin out myself so a few tips I've learnt:

Get the two week trial (1.9gig DL) and the Catacombs update as well. You dont need the Darkness Rising or Labyrinth of Minotaur to start.

Bear with it. The interface can feel slightly awkward off the bat compared to some of the newer MMOs but persist and you will get the hang of it within half hour or so.

Speak to ppl. /advice channel tends to be friendly and extremely experienced.

Bards in the towns will cast a movement buff on you if you speak to them about [movement] - its useful

There is absolutely loads to explore, there are dungeons at different levels, Underground instances, instances within dungeons plus all the regular quest and trade hubs as well and thats not counting leveling in battlegrounds. There is also the Darkness Falls dungeon to look into, its controlled by different realms depending on the state of the Realm wars but can give good xp and rewards.

I'm a Hibernian valewalker with a roughly similar name (Apollynn) so look me up if you want some low lvl grouping :D (and 2000 or so ppl online is plenty for the way the game works though it will probably go up once the new super server starts. Would advise rolling on any of the Devon Cluster)

Cya out there :D

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
Hiya devlin,

I remember you, the name is definately familiar....

Few of us are in a guild called cajun squirell clan, with a mostly eu alliance we do put out a semi competetive pug every now and then, drop us a pm and we can invite you to grp or guild if you want :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
There are ofcourse more Americans online at our night time, but you will not find any problems finding people to play with

You forgot the small fact that English servers are totally dead on EU :p

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Oh.. Thought we were only discussing US servers! Playing Dyvet didn't even come to my mind :p

Iramus

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the replies. More questions.

I'm downloading the 14 day trial from darrkageofcamelot.com ( only an hour to go!) - is that the U.S version? Is that the one I should be playing or am I better with the European version?

Does the version I'm downloading include any expansion packs or do I have to download them as well? If they need downloading do they cost or are they free?

Finally if I'm going to be playing on U.S servers how much will lag affect play and which specific servers are most players currently using?

Anyway I've got two weeks to see if it's a game worth subscribing to, I'm thinking of joining Midgard.

Xallow

Fledgling Freddie
Since I am thinking of getting back in the game... Do I need to download a US version of the game or can I use my old EU version on the US servers?

Genedril

Part of the furniture
Since I am thinking of getting back in the game... Do I need to download a US version of the game or can I use my old EU version on the US servers?

You can patch it to the US - instructions are on this site somewhere. Still need to buy an account with Mythic though.

Few of us are in a guild called cajun squirell clan, with a mostly eu alliance we do put out a semi competetive pug every now and then, drop us a pm and we can invite you to grp or guild if you want :)

Every time I look you lot up for some pug action I can never find you :(.

Toggers

One of Freddy's beloved
after i was out numbered by ex synergy, we have now reformed as Synergy Reloaded, look us up there instead :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom