Games Heroes of Newerth

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I have 3 closed beta invites avaible if any1 is interested.

HoN is a DoTA revamp, new graphics, new heroes names and new items names but the rest remains the same.

Will go for the first 3 ppl who pm me.

Regards :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I got a beta key off this a few months back from a norwegian friend, I enjoyed Dota alot although I didnt like this, more or less the same thing with better gfx but the interfaces are dire and people can cheat the ranking systems very easily.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
From the people who brought you Savage and Savage2.
I was always better at the FPS element, not the commander RPG element.

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
people cheating the ranking system is a problem pretty much only in the beta, i dont think anyone will be buying the real game multiple times just to have an account to farm for stats. as for the interface, id say its much better than the wc3 one, and the fact you can use UI mods is very awesome. the replay system put in place in the latest patch makes the wc3 replay system pale in comparison, and thats very nice to see as well.
ive played dota, and ive played hon, and i can say that im not going to be playing dota in the forseeable future, i have preordered hon.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
people cheating the ranking system is a problem pretty much only in the beta, i dont think anyone will be buying the real game multiple times just to have an account to farm for stats. as for the interface, id say its much better than the wc3 one, and the fact you can use UI mods is very awesome. the replay system put in place in the latest patch makes the wc3 replay system pale in comparison, and thats very nice to see as well.
ive played dota, and ive played hon, and i can say that im not going to be playing dota in the forseeable future, i have preordered hon.

whats ur ingame nick? would like to play with some known ppl and not #132123 flamer kid

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
its ffy, but im not playing very active right now (exam period) but in a while ill be online more often

Fast

Part of the furniture
Hey Tenta,

Madtank Ialk and few others playing this, if you are after some people to play with. I can hook u up with msn's if u don't have.

Fast^

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
me inviteme and someothers are playing too... ingame name Zorena

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
great to hear zorena added you to buddies

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
People are real fast to kick out n00bs, really friendly atmosphere..

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
me inviteme and someothers are playing too... ingame name Zorena

I played vs you yesterday Zorena. You were hosting the game (or just were the blue player) and I pwned you hard with The Madman harharhar :p

Add me to buddy list, ingame nick is Tentah.

On a side note, what do you think about the "new" heroes??

Whats all the fuss with Deadwood? Every game Ive played its always picked ffs.

My fav ones so far are Panda, Madman and Dark Lady. And missing a lot my beloved Windrunner and Lucifer :(

UI and gfx look very flashy at the begging, costed me a lot to separate the spells from the autoattacks :lol:, let alone recognize the heroes models (with some embarrasing moments). But after some games, you get used to it, and yes, theres rly no point in going back to DoTA.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Some of the new heroes are powerful like madman is like Troll on steriods.. but his really weak so you might need to put a survival item on him.
Succubus is also a favorite powerful ulti and mezz and dmg to hp.
Anyways it feels like vengeful spirit got chafted or the game just have changed so much.

Oh I really dont recognize names, so feel free to give a whinespamshout when you see me.
:flame:

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
cry!! lethul come play so I can gank you!

[BF]MaD

Fledgling Freddie
my ingame nick : Deuces22

ialkarn : ialkarn

licker/rekcil : Cammey

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
People are real fast to kick out n00bs, really friendly atmosphere..

That's the dota community for you, you wont be able to join 1 game where someone wont bitch about something.
Must have played over 1k HoN games since I started playing and never had a single game without some flamers.

You can protect yourself from the kick system though, get one friend in and veto the kick and they can never kick you or your friend from the game.
I personally don't bother playing pubs without a friend as people try and kick you for whatever reason possible and with the amount of lemmings in that game the vote passes at times.

The game itself if not friendly to new players I think most people have a background in playing dota and if you don't know the basics of the game you will have a very hard time to become competitive, my advice would be just to check every hero on the practice mode and test some items and focus on playing 1 hero for a bit till you got that one down.

If you get some higher rating 1600-1800+ try and join BD (banned draft) games as they seem to have the better players in there and are in general (imo) the most fun to play, AP games have alot of flamers and set teams that pick a certain hero lineup and work over ventrillo or something and it becomes hard to win if you are playing with a pug.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Hmm I used to play Dota, infct I am still a member on the #dota members irc channel thingy where you pick up games.

Does this HoN have a similar set up for games? or is it all via the game sown built in fights?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Hmm I used to play Dota, infct I am still a member on the #dota members irc channel thingy where you pick up games.

Does this HoN have a similar set up for games? or is it all via the game sown built in fights?

Its a carbon copy of DoTA with better graphics, bttr UI, 21st century way of finding games (lotsa tabs and filters), in built voip, and some nice add-ons like quiters, stats, etc.. filters. I dont know if S2 company are the guys behind DoTA (Icefrog and co.) or they just bought the DoTA rights, but the game is basically a DoTA 2.0.

Same map (inch by inch creep by creep) with improved gfx and new models
Same heroes profile (stats, mechanich, abilities....) with new models, names and background
Same item portfolio with different names
Some brand new heroes
Some new items

If you liked DoTA, you will like HoN. The gfx and new thingies might shock you on the begining, but after soem games you will realize that theres no reason to go back to DoTA.

Heroes of Newerth

30$ for the complete game with access to the closed beta + 3 invites to your buddies. Game .exe is around 350mb.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Its a carbon copy of DoTA with better graphics, bttr UI, 21st century way of finding games (lotsa tabs and filters), in built voip, and some nice add-ons like quiters, stats, etc.. filters. I dont know if S2 company are the guys behind DoTA (Icefrog and co.) or they just bought the DoTA rights, but the game is basically a DoTA 2.0.

Same map (inch by inch creep by creep) with improved gfx and new models
Same heroes profile (stats, mechanich, abilities....) with new models, names and background
Same item portfolio with different names
Some brand new heroes
Some new items

If you liked DoTA, you will like HoN. The gfx and new thingies might shock you on the begining, but after soem games you will realize that theres no reason to go back to DoTA.

Heroes of Newerth

30$ for the complete game with access to the closed beta + 3 invites to your buddies. Game .exe is around 350mb.

AH cool, my reason for asking was that via the irc route 90% of the time you were atleast getting people that knew the basics of the game. And people rarely left due to the banning system.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
AH cool, my reason for asking was that via the irc route 90% of the time you were atleast getting people that knew the basics of the game. And people rarely left due to the banning system.

They came up with something like that but ingame built. Theres a quiter stat for every player in HoN. Its a % based quits/total number of games played. The host of a game can set a filter to join in based in that %.

Same way goes for other stats like ratio kill/death, experience (level), ladder coeficient, ping&country (iirc)... Its a very good way of creating and joining customized games for noobs, amateurs, pros, clans :)

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
though having a personal banlist for when you host games is still good. some people earn their spots on banlists not by the cold averages shown by the stats sheet, but by their behaviour and HOW they have come to accumualte these stats.

also, S2 has nothing to do with the creators of dota, they are the guys responsible for savage & savage 2, and they are pretty awesome devs.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
though having a personal banlist for when you host games is still good. some people earn their spots on banlists not by the cold averages shown by the stats sheet, but by their behaviour and HOW they have come to accumualte these stats.

also, S2 has nothing to do with the creators of dota, they are the guys responsible for savage & savage 2, and they are pretty awesome devs.

But did they have to buy rights of the game or something?

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
nope not really, there isnt any rights to speak of actually, they might have asked if the creators mind them doing it, but theres really nothing stopping people from cloning dota and selling it.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
nope not really, there isnt any rights to speak of actually, they might have asked if the creators mind them doing it, but theres really nothing stopping people from cloning dota and selling it.

Cant believe none thought about that 'till now.

Assuming 50% of the ppl you see online in the closed beta buy the game, we are talking about 15k-20k costumers x30$... 450.000-600.000$...

There has to be any compensation whatsoever to the original creators :eek:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
yes, theres a panda, who is kinda like a physical version of bane elemental, with lots of crowdcontrol and a channeled damage/disable ulti. plus he has awesome animations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom