Hero respec

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
Im a 50 blades 50 shield hero, thinking of respecing to either CS or LW.

i was thinking of 50 shield 50 cs/lw 6 blades rest in parry.

Whats everyones oppinion between LW and CS also i dont have access to a buff bot and want to be able to solo PVE as well as rvr as my current spec is gr8 for PVE.

Can anyone reccomend a good PVE / RVR spec for LW / CS as a respec stone is a lot of money if i balls it up lol

Dogan

Fledgling Freddie
im currently 50 shield /50 lw /25 clunt /rest parry works fine for me... :flame:

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Taking into account the fact you want to solo and wont have a bb then I would go 42 shield instead of 50 and put more into parry.

Soloing with CS or LW your shield skill would be of no use and with a very low parry then youll be taking a lot of hits / downtime.

The extra points in parry would improve your downtime in pve, and make it easier to get the odd after parry stunn or chain off.

CS or LW , swings and roundabouts, though I prefer CS cause its better versus mid support in rvr and you only have to have 1 weapon. (Or in my case 6 spears, one for every occasion, damn if I was LW I would need 12 weapons in my backpack...).

Garax

Fledgling Freddie
I would go 50 CS, 50 Shield, 28 Blades/Blunt/Peirce and 6 Parry. This is a good rvr spec imo, plus it lets u solo quite happily for PvE, as u will have okish dmg with your 1h and also have access to the lvl 50 shield style, so you can stun the enemy for 9 seconds from a block and not use one third of you end like you would have if you had just used slam. Giving you more end to use styles when u swap to 2h.

Teiten

Fledgling Freddie
28 onehanded and 6 parry is preferable to 6onehanded and 28 parry.. because the extra weaponskill you get is nice for slamming..

and if you dont mind the extra work you can "twist" sheild / 2h

i played around with it when i was playing teiten. and if you use sheild till enemy hits you.. quickly twist to 2hander and hit back you can get a better damage output at times.

PS: the diffrence between 502h/50sheild 281h, and 501h/50sheild is not that big in pve.

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
tbh, you probably already have the best RvR and PvE spec atm. IN RvR, no-one really wants you for damage output. If they want damage output they choose a bm. The times I've actually used lw in RvR now is rare, although it is nice to be able to do some form of damage if needed.

I have been all specs and I really feel that as a hero, 50onehand, 50 sheild and 28 parry is the best spec. If u want some damage output then 50cs/lw, 50 sheild, 28one hand and 6 parry is good. U can solo PvE with both spec fine, but obviously the first one is the best as any hybryd spec is a bit of give and take (it's only warriors who get 50 one hand and two hand on the same spec line and their one hand damage does over double what ours does).

gia

Fledgling Freddie
Tigersans said:
Im a 50 blades 50 shield hero, thinking of respecing to either CS or LW.

i was thinking of 50 shield 50 cs/lw 6 blades rest in parry.

Whats everyones oppinion between LW and CS also i dont have access to a buff bot and want to be able to solo PVE as well as rvr as my current spec is gr8 for PVE.

Can anyone reccomend a good PVE / RVR spec for LW / CS as a respec stone is a lot of money if i balls it up lol

That's the spec I have. Don't spec higher blades UNLESS you actually want to use the styles, higher 1h ws affecting slam is a legend. Having decent parry helps a lot against dual wield classes and is also active when you have your 2h out. You want high parry in pve and 1v1 situations to get the lw/cs parry chains off.

With bodyguard now I'm thinking of respeccing to 42 shield 39 parry, guard is less needed and I'll have overall better defence. Not quite convinced yet though.

As for the LW/CS debate:

LW: best damage rvr style is easy to get off and has 9 sec stun, you get to pick slash or blunt damage type.

CS: rear style snares which is good when target is stun immune, you get thrust damage which has a bonus on chain (enemy support).

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
So if i shield slam an enemy then rear style from CS would it stack ie stun enemy then snare them so they cant move at all..

Or will one counter act the other?

gia

Fledgling Freddie
If you stun them they can't move at all so it doesn't matter if you snare.

A player can be stunned only once a minute though so that's why a snare can be useful.

Another factor to keep in mind in your choice is what artifacts you want to get/level.

Tigersans

Fledgling Freddie
at mo have winged helm goddness neckie and harpies cloak which lvl 10 proc gives resistant to peirce so that will help.

not sure which weapon to get now though

Omega

Fledgling Freddie
Tiger,
If you want to be optimal for PvE then I would stay as 50 Sword 50 Shield. However if you want to hit harder and still be able to guard in RvR, while still being able to solo in PvE I would recommend something along the following lines.

48 to 50 Shield: Allows you to block a lot either in PvE or RvR. Always a life saver. Level 42 for slam is a must, and the level 50 style is > slam in a one on one fight as well as soloing.

44 to 50 Spear: At least 44 partly for the weapon style but mainly for the higher weapon skill. Im not sure of the exact dmg fall of when spec'ed any lower then 50. But on my own testing the difference in 50 and 47 was 660 and 645 on a grey con mob. Not sure about this test in RvR (the fall off, of dmg when spec'ed lower then 50) but I would say you will be guarding a lot more these days then being part of an assist train.

25 to 30+ Parry: Parry is your friend, totally under rated imo. Good in RvR and PvE. 28 ish is nice any more not sure its that beneficial. Again my own personal experience and testing between 39 and 28 proved to me that there was a decrease in parry rate but not a significant amount. And the points gained were better spent elsewhere imo.

At least 10 Blades: 10+ for some more weapon skill. People go on about it having an effect on the chance to land slam. Personally from experience I would disagree, had 6 blades for a long time and never really missed my slams, yes you do miss but I was also missing with 50 spec spear. The other reason to go 10 at least is that you have another snare style, from the side lasting 14 seconds. So you can slam target, snare, move to next. Or move to the side and open with that to start them off snared.

Think about how your going to play, what do you want to be doing in the game as a hero, who do you hang around with, these thoughts should influence your spec. Put your thoughts through the character creator and see what spec you end up with.

LW vs. CS age old debate with Hero's. Go for the one you think looks best imo. You will have most fun when your running around thinking ..damn I look cool…
LW imo do have the better artefacts though.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
s/s is really the best spec for pve, though it can be very slow, its probably the best spec for rvr as in todays game all you are there for is a guard/grapple/bg bot. for me i decided i wasnt going to do that so went 50 LW 42 shield 34 blades 20 parry, best spec for solo imo as i can take on anyone. damage is pretty low when using s/s but i only use that to wear the enemy down, when they are clearly out of end i switch to LW and kill them. or you can slam from start and use LW positionals. though if you miss the first slam i wouldnt try again as you wont have enough end to perform a full positional chain. always take plenty of end pots with you as any 2h skill uses a ton of end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom