Hero or Champ?!

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, my knowledge to both classes is limited, however I know that Champs are not group friendly as they are lacking determination in comparison to other tank classes. With NF this problem is being aleviated, hence, which is going to be a better tank class and why? Discuss (aye, sounds like a 1st year essay, tho no word limit here:))

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
Valewalker... good melee and a castable lifetap for keepdefense.
Between Hero and Champ i would go with Champ for more fun factor (spells).

bigmammas

Fledgling Freddie
would say valewalker too, they are very nice in pve and with NF they could be awesome...

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
My vote still goes to Hero as champs dont get stoicism. Without that they still suffer from the CC issuse they do now.

Auriel

Fledgling Freddie
In NF, the difference between Hero and Champion is minimal. Common specs in NF are quite comparable:

Hero: 50 Doorbashing / 42 Treb / 39 Ram

vs

Champ: 50 Doorbashing / 42 Treb / 39 Cheap Magic Tricks

An alternative spec is to swap Ballista at the expense of Treb.

Hope that helps ;)

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
As Boni said before: Champs not having Stoicism is great disadvantage. On the other hand they get Static Tempest which will be a mayor annoyance in RvR.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
I just rolled a 50 champ, mainly made for nf.. Respecced to s/s last night..
It might not be as hardcore as 50 LW spec duel whise, but he will have higher util in grps. In NF champs will own duo to some new awsome RA´s.

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
i read about this spec on vn... 50 LW 42 shield 39 valor... with a few levels in mastery of focus your valor spells will cast as level 50 spells anyway so dont need to worry about resists really. biggest disadvantage i guess is your selfbuff will pretty much suck compared to druid buffs

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Gear said:
Ok, my knowledge to both classes is limited, however I know that Champs are not group friendly as they are lacking determination in comparison to other tank classes. With NF this problem is being aleviated, hence, which is going to be a better tank class and why? Discuss (aye, sounds like a 1st year essay, tho no word limit here:))

LUWIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pierce/shield/valour :D or slash or summit spose :(

Taxii

One of Freddy's beloved
Well.. VW, Champ or Hero..

Champ i'd say simply because of the fact that S/S champs gets to hit like a truck when using "Badge of Valor" ( RR5 RA ) together with "Demoralization" ( Banelord ML9 ability ) ..

Also, Str/con and Dex/quick debuffs can become very handy :)

Have been playing NF abit, and yes, Ranged is dominating, but VWs LT isent that good in NF because it dains a crapload of power.

Joxer

Fledgling Freddie
Coccas said:
i read about this spec on vn... 50 LW 42 shield 39 valor... with a few levels in mastery of focus your valor spells will cast as level 50 spells anyway so dont need to worry about resists really. biggest disadvantage i guess is your selfbuff will pretty much suck compared to druid buffs

actually it wont. Afaik they are testing 1.71a on Pendragon atm - Champs will get a higher value selfbuff there (Value 75 I think). Together with some ToA-gear we should be on the safe side.
Also atm....with 25% Buffbonus my current buff almost caps my str aswell - so no worries there. Plenty of ooomph left :)

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
In NF the gap between pure tanks and Hybrids will lessen. If you want to play a fun char in NF, don't roll a champ or a hero, roll a caster or a ranger imo.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
champion :) not an easy class to play granted.. but soooooooo much fun :)

not just rvr wise.. do it right and u can take purples without anything but self buff. takes practice tho. but wow is it worth it :)

you will find yourself doing stuff others cant.. and with NF.. omg champs gonna be very very good.. or is that annoying? hehe.. either way.. its all good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom